Comments: Quintessential Random

You cannot kill and eat Scott, for he is the only person in the world who knows how to manage Deadline Joshilyn, plus he does laundry.

And now _I_ want a labdradoodle, thankyouverymuch for that link of extreme cuteness, SHEESH.

Posted by Mir at January 8, 2007 8:58 AM

Ohhh, those labradoodles are the cutest, ever. And they are hypo-allergenic too! Did you tell Scott that? Because they're interbreed with poodles they don't shed and they don't have allergenic dander! How cool is that?

Also, check out the q-t pie Golden Doodles:

Posted by Edgy Mama at January 8, 2007 9:16 AM

okay. we have one of THOSE and may i say, they are the MOUTHIEST breeds ever. ever. on the face of the earth. aside from the fact that she's eaten the modling on the porch, a giant rubber worm lure on th beach, five--that's right FIVE glass light bulbs, and every personal item she can get her paws on, she IS adorable and sweet natured and goofy. and, true to the ads, she does not shed.

Posted by kyra at January 8, 2007 9:28 AM

My sister-in-law is an Ackerman. She might even be available for security duty. Just give her the Kool-aid filled super soaker and you're good to go! Maybe not...then where's your argument for the 'doodle? Scratch that.

Posted by Melisa at January 8, 2007 9:57 AM

Here's a thought - I seem to remember that your entire family has birthdays coming up. Perhaps you, Joss, could buy Mr. Husband a fence for his birthday and then Mr. Husband could buy you a labradoodle named Ackerman for your birthday.

Posted by DebR at January 8, 2007 10:09 AM

Okay, I want a Labradoodle! And I live in an apartment, so I can't have one. *pout* However, I think DebR's solution is BRIL.

Posted by Aimee at January 8, 2007 10:38 AM

Yes, they are cute, but please research the breeder carefully. The second and third generation of this breed is showing a lot of genetic problems.

Posted by Sue at January 8, 2007 11:22 AM

Oh. My. Stars. No more coffee for you, young lady.

Posted by Roxanne at January 8, 2007 12:30 PM

Oh my... I want a Labradoodle right this moment. Although my senile old border collies would certainly be distressed.

Posted by Serenity Now! at January 8, 2007 12:43 PM

Oh, mi gosh. He's cute, but can you lift him into the bathtub? That is my criteria anymore for a dog. Don't get a bassett, they hate bathes, and while they are great companions, Arlos is at 85 pounds. That is right folks. 85 pounds of stinky, bath hating bassett.

Oh, wait, lab, poodle equals bath loving doesn't it?

Posted by Cele at January 8, 2007 12:49 PM

Or you could name him Lunestra and then you wouldn't mind if he licked you. In your sleep.

Posted by rams at January 8, 2007 12:51 PM

Or compromise by getting tree-goats:

Posted by rams at January 8, 2007 12:55 PM

You had me at labradoodle. I'm so not a dog person, but that one is adorable. Can they breed out the need to scoop up poop along with the shedding? Maybe?

Posted by amy at January 8, 2007 2:42 PM

Um, Tulip? May I suggest...a Mojito? Because, judging by this post, you have had WAY too much caffeine for your own good. Just sayin'.

Posted by Amy-Go at January 8, 2007 8:31 PM

So I went to look at Rams tree goat photo. Oh. My. Goodness. I do not personally know Joshilyn, but DO NOT GET HER STARTED ON TREE GOATS TOO. She's already rescued one of the little critters, and entire TREES full of goats (as long as they are NOT Bradford pears) would enthrall her so, that she might spend all day goat gazing rather than writing decent reading material for me. . .ahem. . .I mean the general public.

Posted by Roxanne at January 8, 2007 10:22 PM

Well, there is cheesecake. Which introduces one to the vices of gluttony, greed and lust all in one container.

Posted by Gillian at January 8, 2007 11:41 PM

I'd like one in mini-size!!

any bigger'n that, and I'd have to send this lady in a cage.. to scoop the poop!

Posted by North at January 8, 2007 11:55 PM

You know, cute as the dog is, I had a blast reading the OTHER link, the USAToday one. Just rolled around laughing. Very weird people out there, that's all I'm saying!
And Joss, passing notes like a Tween in church? Yeah, I do that too. Usually to the oldest daughter. One time, I saw her doing it from across church. I caught the eye of her BFF and cut my eyes towards my girl. THen I held up a paper that said one word that she could see from all the way across 9 pews..."GROUNDED". She stopped, but fast. It was pretty funny! But yeah, we make sure to take all of our notes too. Scary stuff, thinking about the PreacherMan finding one of our little mini-conversations Sunday afternoon.

Posted by dee at January 9, 2007 11:50 AM

OK you got me ...

I NEED A LABRADOODLE! maybe 2, I like pairs.

Posted by Patti at January 11, 2007 10:15 PM