Comments: The Boobs Stuck Under the Bed in Paris Story

sputter - BWAHAHAHaHaHahahaaaaaaaaa!!

Posted by Brigitte at January 2, 2007 7:40 AM

That was beautiful. I was so afraid that the boobs in Paris story would not live up to my expectations. I might need to get a new keyboard if this one doesn't dry out. Thank goodness I wasn't drinking soda. Now I really want to go to Europe, but don't want to send my own teenager.

Posted by Jo at January 2, 2007 7:52 AM

Joshilyn, you are HILARIOUS! This is a fantastic story. I had actually come online post holidays because I was deeply concerned about the plethora of other memes on the Bunny Blog and felt an obligation to mention that the TRUFFLES were done and that they were just begging me to eat them all, every single one, and not share. However, this story was so funny that I shall almost not regret parting with them. Also, it sounds like something that could happen to me. But fortunately didn't.

Posted by Laura Florand at January 2, 2007 8:32 AM

THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU!!

Posted by amy at January 2, 2007 8:48 AM

It sounds completely great! :-D

Posted by DebR at January 2, 2007 8:53 AM

The anticipation was fun, but the full story is SOOO satisfying.

Thank you.

Posted by monique at January 2, 2007 9:06 AM

*snort* I was a bit afraid that the story wouldn't live up to my admittedly RABID ANTICIPATION. I need not have feared, because it did live up to it! It did!

Happy new year.

Posted by Aimee at January 2, 2007 10:52 AM

I just freakin' love you. Unstuck boobs and all. ;)

Posted by Amy-Go at January 2, 2007 11:48 AM

That was worth every ounce of anticipation. You never fail to crack me up.

Posted by dragonfly at January 2, 2007 11:54 AM

Exquisite! So incredibly worth the wait, the bait, the teasing. Thank you.

Posted by Cele at January 2, 2007 12:34 PM

Curses. I cannot now be justified in flogging you with a bouquet of knotted pink socks. (Scowls and flounces from room. Considers "Scowls and Flounces" as a blog title. Or snotty interior decorating firm.)

Posted by rams at January 2, 2007 1:37 PM

I agree, the story was so worth the wait. :-)

It stirred up a memory though. No, I never got stuck under a bed in Paris, but I am ashamed to admit flashing my very big boobs to Adam Ant at a concert in Atlanta. Obviously, I was no Goody Two Shoes...but really, I was wearing a bra and the flashing was as far as it went...it was high school after all. LOL

By the way, I loved Between, GA. I literally started my year reading it and did not put it down until I was done. BTW...thanks for the sleepless night! :-)

Posted by Rissa at January 2, 2007 1:44 PM

OMG! I'm crying here--with laughing.

I spent a semester in the exact same kind of immovable iron bed in London.

Posted by Edgy Mama at January 2, 2007 4:17 PM

That was sooo worth it. Thank you!

Posted by Autumn at January 2, 2007 8:08 PM

Keep it coming you wonderfully amazing writer person. The Paris story was boobalicious. I have passed on gods to six others and they all say it is the best they have read for a long time.

Posted by Wikifay at January 2, 2007 9:11 PM

That was totally worth the wait! (Not to mention it brought back memories of a band trip, a mini bar and some fireworks ...)

Posted by Patti at January 2, 2007 9:50 PM

This was such a good story! Thank you for sharing it! We all have those moments of teenaged horror and embarassment tucked (we think) way back in our past. I cant help but wish I had had my own moments of Culture but my high school might not even have taught Geography much less sent anyone to experience it.

I come here often to read your blog and feel better. Well, inbetween rereading your novels of course.

Much Love,
Kimmie/Keja

Posted by Kimmie at January 2, 2007 10:59 PM

HAH! I'm dying over here. Fabulous memory. :)

Posted by Alicat at January 2, 2007 11:09 PM

OMG this was the best blog post I've read in a year! I too was an innocent in high school with C cups, a potty mouth, and a drunken trip around the world (the U.K.).

Posted by Gina at January 3, 2007 1:12 AM

Posted by Gina at January 3, 2007 1:12 AM

That story made me jealous. Not for the European trip, though I'm sure it was fabulous. Not for the Spanish French kissing in Italy. Okay, maybe a little for the Spanish French kissing in Italy.

I just so, so wish my boobs were big enough to get me stuck under *anything*. Sigh.

You are just the best storyteller!

Posted by Laura at January 3, 2007 12:27 PM

Oh so funny . . . although I would have to disagree about the warm gin and say it tastes more like pinesol than petrol.
Happy New Year!

Posted by Michelle at January 3, 2007 2:18 PM

Too, too funny. Of course, you realize that you're going to get all kinds of hits from unsavory characters Googling Paris boobs........

I have to agree, though, that while I do not envy you the embarassment (having stockpiled more than enough of my own during high school), I do envy you the C-cup. This time, when I lost the baby weight, it took my B-cups with me, barely leaving me with a sad, pathetic A-cup. I'm in more danger of being trapped by my thick, wild hair than by my boobs.

Posted by Jessica at January 3, 2007 3:41 PM

Oh my god. I laughed out loud for the first time in days. I'm Amy's sister and got here through her blog, and she's absolutely right - Laugh = Good. Thank you so much. You have an excellent way with words and a story.

Posted by Jill at January 3, 2007 5:08 PM

But did they get away without paying for the little bottles of clear booze? Don't teenage boys have a unique thought process!!!

Posted by Cathi at January 3, 2007 6:24 PM

YOU are waayy too cool! You should have known right then and there, YOU were going to be famous.Who else could this happen to?
It reminds me of a trip to Japan, no food for 2 days, and drinking wine for the first time.........yuk, never mind.

Posted by Desi at January 4, 2007 9:07 PM

I somehow stumbled on this blog and this was the first post I read. You are funny, insightful, and very gifted-- things I have discovered as I've gone back to the beginning of your blog. Am going to buy your books. I think it's amazing that you take time to so frequently update your blog AND still write -- and publish-- and raise your kids. Rock on!

Posted by Diana at January 5, 2007 10:38 PM

OK, this is your BEST post EVER. My keyboard is safe--but only because I put my drink across the room before I read it. And anticipation only made the story better.

But like Cathi, I want to know if y'all got away with it?

And I'll point out that I am *still* widest at that point. Think I'll stay out from under the bed.

Posted by Katrina Stonoff at January 8, 2007 2:01 PM

There needs to be a movie with this scene in it.

Worth waiting for.