Comments: Bunny Meme the 1nth

Yay!

It's my meme.

*goggles slack-jawed*

Yay again!

Posted by Monique at December 27, 2006 9:47 AM

I love survey thingies like this 'cause even if I don't respond or fill them out, I have to answer all the questions in my head anyway, and it does bring back some wonderful (and some not-so-wonderful) memories. And it makes me think. So they're good fun no matter what! Congratulations, Monique!

Posted by Fran at December 27, 2006 12:29 PM

Fun!

I adore "The Secret History" too.

Every time I read "One Hundred Years of Solitude," I wish I could write like Marquez. Just not in Spanish.

Posted by Edgy Mama at December 27, 2006 1:17 PM

better make sure it's not just in your will, but that folks who will be in charge know and agree. it would be pretty funny if you're all in the ground and stuff and they have the big reading of the will a few weeks later and see, "I wish to be cremated."........whoopsie.

Posted by dramamama at December 27, 2006 2:52 PM

GREETINGS. Hey. I am still in Wisconsin. Phone spotty, internet spottier. Can't get my email or cingular service anywhere near the house. Did you get my email from Dan's PDA? Also, if you go to the Moblog right now, and scroll down a few bits, you will see A PICTURE OF PINK! Yes pink pink the Athenian House of Pancake Love!!!!! It is still there, we ate lunch there on the way up here and they are EXACTLY THE SAME including the kindly and statuesque Greek lady that always was there running it. I had a feta cheese omelette that was absolutely enormous and also overcooked. Even the toast was the same -- FREAKY. It was weird being back there. Anyway, go look at the picture... OH and if you scroll down FAR, past where the page cuts off, so I guess you'd have to look in the archive for December, around December 22, you can see a picture of my old apartment, where we had "TARA" and they are making it into seriously pricey condos. That whole neighborhood is turning cute and "Ned's" is gone, also all those scary establishments between anywhere and the train.

Love, ME

Posted by Lydia at December 27, 2006 6:18 PM

I have NO clue if I won.. I am confused by this... s'cuse me don't shoot me though... k?

I respectfully, for the sake of our dollar-exchange, bow out of the contest... I would not sleep, if Joshilyn had to pay almost a twenty to send me her prize IF I won, which I don't know, as I'm confused, and at a temporary vortex-laden enigmatic state of Hilton- dyed-blonde-kinda-dumb witted, AND post christmas exhaustion has set in like with a vengence from some hidden past sin from spending too much on all the thrills and frills... of 50 christmas's past.... burp(s'cuse)

I mailed 12 of my greeting cards to The Netherlands, from Ontario Canada---cost me almost 30 dollars(choke) and then supplies to make them, off the hundred sent to me, was about 27 dollars. I made about 43 dollars out of a 100 dollars order... ugggh... hey, don't feel sorry for the purchaser, feel sorry for the "maker"... I"m legally disabled!! and it sure ain't easy.. LOL(wry smile..of a triumphant spirit)...

sOOo, I hear ya.. and I cheerfully bow out....like I said.. IF i won, I'd have to be konked over the head, forced to look at the screen, be sent an EM, a 911, and at 24/7 intervals, perhaps even for the 12 x 12 equally 365!!.... I dunno, could be turkey-gas too... (eek, giggles.)

with loving kindness,
North

Posted by North at December 27, 2006 9:02 PM

The Secret History IS a wonderful book. However, her SECOND book, which did not come out for years and years and years, was so forgettable that A) I cannot remember the title and B) I did not even FINISH it because I was not into it enough. Your second book, on the other hand, IS A WORK OF GENIUS. I laughed, I cried, Siskel and Ebert gave it 2 thumbs and ORDERED people to get thou to a movie theatre and see it (ummm, metaphorically. Get thou to a bookstore and read it, more like.) I listened to you read the book on tape on my 1400 mile Thanksgiving Journey and IT WAS WONDERFUL. The way you had every voice so distinct, from Henry's bass Creole Southern slur to the child's slightly fretful, completely stubborn (((insert word here I cannot think of))) I could so tell that you had been an actress and practically reek of The Theatuh.
And now to heap some praise on Lee Smith--I heard her read from Fair and Tender Ladies when I was a junior in high school, the scene where the girls were drying their hair in front of the fire and also the scene where she sees the rural electrification. Her reading brought those scenes to life for me when I was so young that I wasn't able to appreciate the depth of her writing.

Posted by Elena at December 28, 2006 8:20 AM