Comments: Meme-ing the Bunny Blog

See the Christmas meme on the Dec. 14th post.

Posted by Jabberwocky at December 19, 2006 9:25 AM

I found this on one of the blogs I read regularly. I've done it, but I haven't posted it (blogger has been screwing me for about a month now). You have to set your iPod to shuffle and ask it these questions:
How does the world see me?

Will I have a happy life?

What do my friends think of me?

How can I make myself happy?

What should I do with my life?

Will I ever have children?

What is some good advice for me?

How will I be remembered?

What’s my current theme song?

What do others think my current theme song is?

What shall they play at my funeral?

Where should I look for inspiration next?
The songs that come up are the answers (some of mine where quite -er- telling).

Posted by Chris at December 19, 2006 9:26 AM

Okay. . .now that is NOT fair. . .I am not out of school yet--the kids have today and tomorrow and I have Thursday and I need to grade papers and I cannot create a meme (worthy of the bunny blog) yet. . .but I so, so, so, so want a Crabtree doll and a signed book that I am faint. Does is count that I have turned about 10 of my friends on to your novels and they have all purchased at least one personal copy and some as gifts. . .and that I got gods for my sister for Christmas????

Have mercy on the educators that must, must, must stay focused. . .

I'll be back

Posted by Roxanne at December 19, 2006 9:44 AM

A favorite meme of mine is the Song Titles meme. You Answer the list of questions with your favorite song titles!

Here's the link to mine:
snurrhuvud

Posted by Stephanie at December 19, 2006 9:54 AM

I am on my planning time. . .I have a student sitting in my room taking a final she missed last week. . .and I am so intent on finding a wonderful enough bunny meme that I am very humbly laying my offering of the above at your feet. Just think of me as the little drummer boy. . .or Maria in that song the girl with the really high voice sings about the bird and Christmas. . .all I can offer during 2nd period planning on a Tuesday. OOOOOhhhhhh. . .I am the widow and this is my mite. (I am hoping that lightning does not come into my portable and consume me for being so blasphemous--call it Christmas crazies).

Posted by Roxanne at December 19, 2006 9:55 AM

The link address:

Posted by Stephanie at December 19, 2006 9:56 AM

And that Stephanie between my comments. . .that's my friend. . .and she is trying to win my Crabtree doll and signed copy of gods in Alabama. . .and she's one of the people I told about your book!!!!!!! See? See? I have truly lost my mind.

Posted by Roxanne at December 19, 2006 9:57 AM

Am I the only one that wants to hear how boobs got stuck under a bed in Paris?

Jo

Posted by Jo at December 19, 2006 10:05 AM

(I think the preview pane ate my first attempt at this. Ah well.)

The best memeish thing I can refer you to is one I played at on my own site last week. I mentioned it in an email to you, since you were quoted in it. (Yes, I'm the guy who wants to buy the books. Check the spam filter; it's probably in there. Maybe on purpose.)

This one's a two-parter, based on the old pencil-and-paper MadLibs word game. The first part, the data entry, not seen online since the original game in which the answers were gathered, four Decembers ago:

~Q:I NEED A TYPE OF BUILDING
______________

~Q:GIVE ME A SPECIES OF ANIMAL
______________

~Q:THINK OF A PLURAL NOUN
______________

~Q:MAKE UP A MAN'S NAME
______________

~Q:I NEED A SYNONYM FOR "NOISE"
______________

~Q:THINK UP A KIND OF CLOTHING MATERIAL
________________

~Q:ANOTHER COMMON NOUN, PLEASE
_________________

~Q:ONE MORE PAST TENSE VERB
_________________

~Q:GIVE ME A BODY PART (AND WATCH IT)
_________________

~Q:ONE MORE PART OF A HOUSE
_________________

~Q:TWO MORE, PLEASE: FIRST, ONE LAST PAST TENSE VERB
_________________

~Q:AND FINALLY, GIVE ME A PHRASE YOU USE TO SAY GOODBYE
_________________

Now go to that entry on my page and play along with the answers: roll your mouse over the blanks if you want to see the "winners" from four years ago (I'll send you their names if you get a discount on those straitjackers), but I somehow think you'll do just fine with your own answers:

Posted by Ray at December 19, 2006 10:16 AM

Joshilyn has been tantalizing me with this Boobs Stuck Under the Bed story for MONTHS. She will never actually tell me what it is. STOP submitting memes. Pretty please. You must fail her so that I get to finally know what the story is. My book is being offered as a BRIBE. It's just not fair, because she outbribed by offering one of her fox dolls and signed copies of her own books. What if I added chocolate to my bribe? Would that help?

Laura Florand

Posted by Laura Florand at December 19, 2006 10:32 AM

Laura: I will do most anything for really good chocolate.

Posted by amy at December 19, 2006 10:53 AM

Oh Joss...honey, sweetie, fluffy-bunny...I'm so hooked on memes I have an entire CATEGORY devoted to them on my distinctly meringue-like blog. I'm gradually categorizing all my archives since I recently moved from Blogger to WordPress and I'm not even halfway through, but even so you could go here: http://debrichardson.com/blog/category/its-a-meme-thing/ and have a choice of 23 different memes!! Really! The ones I'd personally most like to see you do would be the Six Weird Things Meme:
of the List of Firsts Meme:
It's a Colorful Life was fun too, but it's a loooong one. Still, if you're interested:

If you don't like any of those surely...SURELY...there's something else among the other 20 memes you might like (or more than 20, if I categorize more of my archives before you check it out).

Although, I'd really like to hear the boob story, so maybe all 23 of the memes on that list suck rocks. ;-)

Posted by DebR at December 19, 2006 11:24 AM

This is the latest meme I found

The ABC's of Me

but this is one of my favorites

Five Lies About Me

Posted by Cele at December 19, 2006 11:29 AM

Ok, here is the greatest meme ever IMHO because I can always think of what I want to say to "that person" when that person is no longer around, so here is the MEME

LIST TEN THINGS YOU WANT TO SAY TO PEOPLE YOU KNOW BUT YOU NEVER WILL, FOR WHATEVER REASON. DON'T SAY WHO THEY ARE. USE EACH PERSON ONLY ONCE.

Also, I will send copious amounts of fine chocolate to Joss and a signed copy of my book (when I finish it..lol) if she will please tell the French boob story. Have a very cool Yule Joss and wonderful DH.

Posted by Gabi at December 19, 2006 11:50 AM

O, I like Gabi's meme. Sounds cathartic.

I like this one: List 10 things you want to do before you die. You don't have to be realistic. Dream!

Posted by Edgy Mama at December 19, 2006 1:28 PM

Well bummer it stripped my links

The ABC's about Me

and Five Lies About Me

Posted by Cele at December 19, 2006 2:03 PM

This came in my email. A "getting to know you" for the holidays.

1. Egg nog or hot chocolate?
2. Letter to Santa?
3. Does Santa wrap presents or just set them under the tree?
4. Colored lights on your tree/house or white?
5. Do you hang mistletoe?
6. When do you put your decorations up?
7. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?
8. Favorite holiday memory as a child:
9. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
10. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
11. How do you decorate your Christmas tree?
12. Can you ice skate?
13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
14. What's the most important thing about the holidays for you?
15. What is your favorite holiday Dessert?
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
17. What tops your tree?
18. Which do you prefer, giving or receiving? 19. What is your favorite Christmas Song?
20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum?

PS: I saw my Christmas present, it was left at the door by the postman. And all I can tell you is that the return label said, "Alabama Booksmith." I wonder what it could be?

Posted by Cat at December 19, 2006 5:13 PM

I have to admit I had NO idea what a Meme was so I googled it and figgered it out! I was telling a friend about the Ten Things You Would Say But Never Will (which I loved) and she sent me to this site: http://www.memegen.net/. Enjoy.

Posted by Dana at December 19, 2006 8:24 PM

I am meme-deficient, but/so found this delicious, gorgeous, long-haired greek god's meme & slant-blog.. ya'll are welcome.... no drooling though OK?

MEME BLOG:

MEM BLOGS SATURDAY SLANT:

have fun bunnies!!

North

Posted by North at December 19, 2006 8:56 PM

I like this one!

Posted by North at December 19, 2006 8:58 PM

To save time, here is his saturday slants blog:

Can I have iamPariah for christams santa??

Posted by North at December 19, 2006 8:59 PM

I need to read Between, GA...please, please, please let me win...I asked for it for X-mas, sent the reminder e-mail about the signed copy and nothing...i just asked about it and was told nope you aren't getting it from us...and they don't lie :(

Meme #1

YOUR MOVIE STAR NAME (grandfather/grandmother on your mother's side, your favorite sweet/lolly):

YOUR FLY GIRL/GUY NAME(first initial of first name followed by "izzle", first two or three letters of your last name followed by "dizzle"):

YOUR DETECTIVE NAME (favorite color, favorite animal):

YOUR STAR WARS NAME (first 3 letters of your name- last 3 letters of mother's maiden name, first 3 letters of your pet's name repeated twice):

YOUR SUPERHERO NAME("The", your favorite color, the automobile you drive):

Meme #2
1. Explain what ended your last relationship.

2.When was the last time you shaved?

3. What were you doing this morning at 8 am?

4. What were you doing 15 minutes ago?

5. Are you any good at math?

6. Your prom night, what do you remember about it?

7. Do you have any famous ancestors?

8. Have you had to take a loan out for school?

9. Last thing received in the mail?

10. How many different beverages have you had today?
11. Who did you lose your CONCERT virginity to?

12. Do you draw your name in the sand when you go to the beach?

13. What's the most painful dental procedure you've had done?

14. What is out your back door?

15. What did you do last night?

16. Do you like what the ocean does to your hair?

17. Have you ever received one of those big tins with 3 different kinds of popcorn?

18. Have you ever been to a planetarium?

19. Do you re-use towels after you shower?

20. Something you are excited about?

21. What is your favorite flavor of jell-o?

22. Describe your key chain

23. Where do you keep your change?

24. When was the last time you spoke in front of a large group of people?

25. What kind of winter coat do you own?

26. What was the weather like on your graduation day?

27. Do you sleep with the door to your room open or closed?

28. Do you love someone right now?

29. Have you ever cheated on someone?

30. Do you have a crush on someone right now?

Posted by Dawn Thompson at December 19, 2006 9:00 PM

Whoddahthunkit (from my blog. . .and I renamed my daughter Joshilyn in honor of you. . .okay, not really, but I WANT a Crabtree original. . .so incredibly, wonderfully cool--what can your "disappointingly normal family" not do? Do I get points for quoting your FORWARD???)

According to this website http://www.blogthings.com/

I:

have a Sanguine personality
am a gooey caramel crunch donut
am 70% average American (lost 30% because I don't drink)
should live in Dublin
was an All American kid in high school
was a giraffe in a former life
should be a member of a rock band called The Republican Bunnies
have a heart that is pink (this is the MAIN one I find to be correct)
should have violet eyes (they're green--that explains it. . .)
should strip to a Depeche Mode song (should I decide to strip for someone)

AND. . .

my sexy Brazilian name is Joelma Pires (very sexy)
my French name is Jossette Lois (I could handle Jossette)
my 1920's name is Lurline Bonita (even worse than Joelma)
my Japanese name is Nayoko Susaki (the Japanese wouldn't have me)

Who knew. . .

Posted by Roxanne at December 19, 2006 9:19 PM

okay, I found http://thedailymeme.com/ and it has some interesting ideas- but the one I most liked, but had a yucky link so I'm not going to link to it- was "what is in your glovebox?"

Posted by Niknac at December 19, 2006 9:29 PM

I want to win something, and I have lots of meme links, but what I really really want is to know all about boobs in Paris.
The last time, ok - the ONLY time, I was in Paris, we were in the Navy. We'd pulled into Cannes and taken the train up for FIVE DAYS of leave. It was glorious, and fabulous, and wonderful. The hotel, I mean. Because honestly, I didn't see a whole lot of good ol Paris while I was there. We walked around a little bit, at night, and saw Notre Dame, and the Moulin Rouge. I saw the Eiffel Tower from a distance. I got a migraine and found out you can buy codeine over the counter! And when we took the train back to Cannes to get back on the ship - it was GONE. Not Cannes, the ship. Just gone. They'd pulled up anchor and headed off to the Adriatic a mere 12 hours after we got on that train. Can I just say that missing ship's movement is NOT a good thing? But let me tell you... for five days in Paris, I'd do that extra duty/Class C Restriction all over again.
And Cat - I am so freakin green with jealousy. Do you have any idea how many times I've sent the link to the Alabama Booksellers to my family, with a little note explaining how very very happy I would be to have a 1st ed. of gIA? Oh, just green I am!

Posted by dee at December 19, 2006 10:09 PM

How about "10 Georgia cities you'd remove from the map to help state mapmakers squeeze in the overflowing xurbian runoff."
(couldn't help it. surely you guys have heard about Between's untimely fate?)

Posted by dramamama at December 19, 2006 11:55 PM

The Firsts and Lasts Meme - 14 questions:

What is …

The name of your first friend?

The last book you read?

The setting of your first date?

The last time you cried?

The first movie you remember seeing in a theatre?

The last book you gave as a gift?

The first concert you ever attended?

The last band (or solo artist) you gave up on? (You tried to like ‘em … you just couldn’t.)

Your first job (aside from babysitting)?

The last job you hated?

The name of your first celebrity crush?

The name of your last celebrity crush?

The first book that made you think, “Man! No matter how well I write, I could never in a million years have written that book?”

Last words. Aside from name and dates, pick THREE words to go on your tombstone.

Because I really want some crap from your desk.

Posted by Monique at December 20, 2006 12:12 AM

scratch. erase that part about "Between's untimely fate." i just looked at the "official" department of transportation list, and it's not on there as being removed from the map. (i read a few days ago that it was, and i've been WAITING for the fallout.) egg on my face for trying to stir up a little fallout, just to win a little fox.......
but hey, take a gander at AP's complete list of towns they're taking off the map. there's some doozies in there. How about "10 Favorite Names of Georgia Towns Being Wiped Off the Map." I'm leading with "Box Springs." Yep, Box Springs, Ga., great place to start a family.......

Posted by dramamama at December 20, 2006 12:18 AM

Amy, you and I have the same value system. Dee, I love your Paris story! Everybody else, you are NOT working with me here. I'll never get the Boobs Stuck Under a Bed in Paris story out of her with everyone submitting all these memes. (One of my friends has suggested that Boobs Stuck Under a Bed in Paris could be the sequel to Snakes on a Plane. A blockbuster just from the title.)

Posted by Laura Florand at December 20, 2006 6:37 AM

I prefer to hear all the embaressing stories!! And the Boob story. I'm horrible... I know.

Posted by Autumn at December 20, 2006 2:44 PM

I think you should Wordplay. Although in the interest of time and space, just do it in one full swoop, one story for each letter of the alphabet. So A is for... Alabama perhaps? And tell a little vignette about that. B is for.... books? boobs? and so on through to Z.

Or do the color one that was on Debr's Red Shoe Ramblings a while back. That was a really fun one.

Posted by Laume at December 20, 2006 2:53 PM

Here is a meme I made up just for you, Joshilyn. And kind of for Laura, too, to help her out:
Name one place your boobs have gotten stuck.
Tell a story that took place in Paris.
What's your best story involving something under the bed?

Ok, the writing needs work, but in my defense, I have what must be the worst cold-but-not-quite-flu ever. 'Cause it's not the flu. I cannot have all those people in my house if I have the flu...not the flu...

Posted by amy at December 20, 2006 3:47 PM

Amy- I really hope you're feeling better, and SOON! Of course it's not the flu. Because that would be bad. Just BAD.
Get well quick!
And, oh yeah, I really loved the idea of your meme! That one is very creative!

Posted by dee at December 20, 2006 4:02 PM

Amy, you are SMART. You've figured out a way to win the little fox doll AND get the story. I was all set to do a chocolate-prize contest, too, per your suggestion, to lure her into telling. But I think you've snared her--who could resist that meme? However, in your honor, I will figure out some other reason to give out handmade truffles after the holidays are over. If I don't eat them all.

Posted by Laura Florand at December 20, 2006 6:34 PM

Behold the Wonder of Blogs: I am feeling the get-better vibes traveling north. And chocolate in my honor? That's pretty much the bestest holiday gift ever.
Thanks, y'all... (am I allowed to say y'all? it's so much more lyrical than "youse guys")

Posted by amy at December 20, 2006 7:10 PM

As much as I want one of Joshilyn's signed books. . .and as much as I covet a Crabtree doll at this giving time of year. . .Amy has some pretty rockin' creativity goin' on for "not quite having the flu." You go girl--and get yourself some orange juice, crackers, Nyquil, and chocolate icecream on the side.

Posted by Roxanne at December 20, 2006 9:16 PM

Just a few to see how it goes...

http://thedailymeme.com/lost/found/000513.php (this one is my personal favorite - I'm going to go do it on my blog RIGHT NOW!)

Posted by JenA at December 20, 2006 10:04 PM

If my vote counts, I vote for Amy's meme! She wins! She's clever! Because I so NEED to hear that Paris story.

Posted by Aimee at December 21, 2006 10:33 AM

Joshilyn said that now that I had mentioned handmade truffles as a possible prize for the best Paris and/or Boobs story, I was honor bound to carry through with it. Well, she didn't use those exact words, but in our email exchange she made it clear that any contest that involved the possibility of her winning truffles was a good thing.

So...the gauntlet is down. Just in case Amy's brilliant meme isn't sufficient, I am now running a contest for EITHER the best Paris-or-other-city-in-Europe (so Amy can enter) true story OR the best made-up story that could fit under the title Boobs Stuck Under a Bed in Paris: http://www.lauraflorand.com/blog/. The best made-up story my mother could read, I mean. MY prize is a box of handmade truffles, my sister's truffles but I'll help her make them, which are the very best truffles I've had and I've had quite a few. If a certain J. Jackson wants to post her own true Boobs Stuck Under a Bed story on her blog as an entry in either category, she may.

I may have to consider a second prize if she does. She seems to me to have an unfair advantage here in that she knows the original story. :)

Posted by Laura Florand at December 21, 2006 1:59 PM

What am I still doing that I hate doing but would feel guilty if I stopped? Can I stop?

Who should I have gotten in touch with because I keep thinking of them but then it is too late to call? Can you call now?

What would make a big difference in my life day to day but I think it would be selfish to spend money on? Can you gift yourself?

Who do I find myself struggling to try to please when I can never seem to actually please them? Can you let them be displeased with you?

What was it that you were told or overheard about yourself that can still make you cringe when you think about it? Can you recognize that was just one person's opinion and could be only partly true or entirely untrue?

Is there anybody in your life that you have a hard time sitting down and saying how much more wonderful they make your world? Can you send them flowers or an ice cream cake or whatever is appropriate?

At the end of the day can you, just this once, tuck yourself in like you would your child -- fluffing the pillows, snuggling into fresh linens, being told you are loved and made to feel safe, treasured and finished with your day? You deserve it.

However long the tasks take to complete, write about it when you have done them all.

Posted by Gillian at December 22, 2006 1:26 AM

Free Stuff that would look great in a box addressed to me! Here's one that sounds fun. You list things like movies you secretly hated but tried to watch because the cool people liked them, songs you would hate for people to know you liked because they aren't cool, ect. We can find out just how un-cool we all are.

Link: bookworm.pilcrow.biz/2006/07/17/true-colors

Posted by Mary Beth at December 22, 2006 10:14 AM

bad credit mortgage loan

Posted by bad credit mortgage loan at December 22, 2006 1:07 PM

Me again still trying to win free stuff. My closets are so full and I still love free stuff!
Especially free stuff that's related to books and writers.

www.blogthings.com/quizzes has lists of lots of ideas: What kind of donut are you? What 80's song describes your life? A random goofy fortune teller, ect.

Also, here's an idea. We could each take one of Joshilyn's novels, open it to random pages and use the first nouns on the pages to answer a series of quesions about the new year. The first noun could be something you'll see a lot of in the new year. Turn to another page and the first noun on that page is something you'll wish you had more of in the new year, ect. Turn to another page and we could say that anytime anyone sees the first noun on that page, they'll think of you next year. Point to the first phrase on the next page, and that phrase will sum up your life in the new year. You get the idea.

Posted by Mary Beth at December 22, 2006 9:49 PM