Comments: Hi from Fairhope, Alabama

Ripped his SPINE open? Gah! A little notice please... He'll be okay, though?

Indulge me- this is for Aimee... "Tore her face open on a lube rack? If MY mom tore her face open on a lube rack I SURE as hell wouldn't be TALKING about it!!"

Posted by Laura at November 18, 2006 10:55 AM

I know only two people who could make stuck in a car for 8 hours interesting. And you have just proved it again.

Now I could have told you what World's Market is (for those of you who make Kahlua - World's Market has the best, nicest, pliable Vanilla Bean and those placemats you've been looking for - Crackers for Christmas - and crystal.)

But what is a Cherry Smash? :)

Posted by Cele at November 18, 2006 11:05 AM

OK, now THAT story made me spit coffee through my nose.

Didn't Frank Turner Hollon write THE GOD FILE? Joss, did you really get to MEET the man?

That was an incredible book. I mean, I-N-C-R-E-D-I-B-L-E.

/commercial

Posted by Martha O'Connor at November 18, 2006 12:57 PM

Isn't it unfortunate that someone has to rip their spine open in order to be glossy with barbituates? And what happened to the poor guy?

Sounds like a delightful weekend. I'm about to have like 50 or 60 people come to my house to sign and play instruments and drink beer. So I have to vacuum. So they can all track in dirt and leaves and then I can vacuum again tomorrow. While I'm hungover.

Posted by Edgy Mama at November 18, 2006 2:28 PM

I love World Market. With an insane passion unrivalled by most chain-type stores (except maybe Target). Where else can you get a case of equally delicious global microbrews and adorable little glasses with bees on them? And super-yummy European chocolate and cute stationery? ALL IN THE SAME STORE? Nowhere else. World Market rules.

Posted by JenA at November 18, 2006 6:23 PM

I just bet, there's alot of laughing til you pee your pants going on down there.
Life ain't fair!

Posted by Desi at November 18, 2006 10:48 PM

What the heck is a Cherry Smasher?

Posted by Heather Cook at November 18, 2006 11:18 PM

Hee! Thanks Laura. And oh my lord, I definitely sprained something laughing at "Ham Time!"

Posted by Aimee at November 19, 2006 10:57 AM

I think I need to move to the South. Y'all have too much fun down there! If you could just get rid of the humidity. And the heat. And those damn lovebugs that smash all over your car with super adhesive glue and never come off. And the humidity. And the hurricanes. Did I mention the humidity? Yeah. Hmmmm. Maybe not. Maybe I'll just come visit once in awhile. When it's not hot. Or humid. After hurricane season. And I'll just rent a car because who cares about the paint job on a rental anyway, right?! *grin*

Is it bad that I don't know who any of those people are and I STILL want to come and hang out with y'all? My life is so sad....

Posted by Sheri at November 19, 2006 2:42 PM

Wow. Hmmm. And all I did was go to EM's house and sing and drink beer and track in leaves.

Wait? Why did I come home?

Posted by Autumn at November 19, 2006 5:24 PM

Ham Time!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh my gosh that made me laugh. Perfect way to start a Monday morning!

Posted by Keetha at November 20, 2006 10:17 AM

there's something about that part of Alabama/Florida. Jimmy Buffet wrote about it in a way that makes me wish I grew up there.

I will be spending Thanksgiving on Perdido Key, so close, so close.

World Market rocks, but I wish I had a Whole Foods too.

Posted by Bob at November 20, 2006 10:49 AM

Cherry Smash, with due regards to Douglas Adams:

The Cherry Smash: A singularly remarkable drink which has the same effect as soaking a small dense brick in cherry juice for about an hour, afterwhich it is used to pound your brain flat on a pastry board. It would normally hurt like heck, but your so distracted by the "what is that peculiar after taste" that you generally overlook the pain and have several, in rapid succession.

Posted by Mr. Husband at November 20, 2006 2:27 PM

don't forget to tell everyone about the shoeburning this saturday. even if you're going to stiff us -- that's right, he said stiff -- doesn't mean some of your minions won't make the trek. trust me children,
someone's daddy...