Comments: Going Around

OMG ... your mentally health number must be higher than your temperature! Bogging at 4:00 am?! Go back to bed so you look like a pretty tulip for the TV ... and stop encouraging the dark rings around your eyes, 'kay?

Of course we all know you'll shine in your spot and charm all of Atlanta with you witicsm.

Posted by Mit_Moi at October 25, 2006 7:29 AM

Yeah, but, did you watch the outtakes?? ;)

Posted by Mir at October 25, 2006 8:36 AM

The scary page you linked to doesn't seem to want to load properly for me, but from the sound of it, maybe it's just as well. :-)

Posted by DebR at October 25, 2006 9:30 AM

You are so right. The upbeat music makes it so. much. worse.

Posted by Laura at October 25, 2006 10:29 AM

EEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek! Gawd. What is *wrong* with these advertising people? The cheery music is terrible.

As I post this, you are getting ready to go on TV. And even from way out here in San Diego, I can feel how PRETTY you look!

Posted by Aimee at October 25, 2006 10:43 AM

Sick. The commercial. How do you find these things?

Glad you're a bit better. Hope the consumption isn't heading this direction!

Posted by Edgy Mama at October 25, 2006 11:14 AM

The music reminded me of the sound track to Desparate Housewives or a B grade 1970s tv miniseries.

Posted by Cele at October 25, 2006 12:12 PM

OK, but have you seen the excellent Toyota commercials coming out? This one is my current favorite, courtesy of YouTube, but there's also one w/ a truck and Loch Ness Monster that is truly fine...

...just to prove that there are some ad firms out there trying to get it right. yay!

I hope that right now you're sitting there marvelling at how much better you suddenly feel. Miracle cure, miracle cure! Maybe if we all clap our hands together and chant "I believe in fairies, I believe!!!" (I hope the rest of you are clapping, because my fellow employees look concerned.)

Posted by Femtastic at October 25, 2006 2:49 PM

I am sitting here in a cubicle with sick people on 3 sides of me. The one to the left is going to take her sick self on an airplane tomorrow. I hate being trapped in this little germ box.

The completely nutty part of it is, of course, that I have NO work to do. So I am sitting here in a festering cloud of germs for basically no reason, other than they make me do it to get a paycheck.

Posted by Suebob at October 25, 2006 3:53 PM

No, no, the undead walking coffee people were way scarier. Remember that one?

Posted by Heather Cook at October 25, 2006 6:38 PM

I'm 'just sick' that I missed your TV appearance... again! I can imagine Holly F. cooing over you, pretty AND sniffly (pity factor). I bet it was a lovely, buttery charm-fest. :) Serious! Wish I'd seen it. The discussion was prob'ly great, too.

Posted by el-e-e at October 25, 2006 8:51 PM

I've seen those commercials, and I always suspect that one day there'll be a shot of Tippi Hedron and all those happy little scissors will become huge flying shears that swoop and attack a la Hitchcock. Terrifying stuff.

But you, dear Peach, you are undoubtedly lovely as ever and I know that you'll even handle having consumption with style and class. And the occasional generous libation, of course!

Posted by Fran at October 25, 2006 11:14 PM

I just watched the book club thingie online and I swear to you the moment they showed you - WAY before the email from Desi - I was sitting there thinking "Sick, schmick, Girl. Those boots ROCK!" And then they showed a close-up. Yay!

Oh yeah...and you looked like a flower-bedecked dove and sounded like air freshener, or um....something like that.

(Seriously, you looked AND sounded fine. I did not detect even a HINT of Harvey in your voice.)

Posted by DebR at October 25, 2006 11:44 PM

Just finished gods and LOVED IT. ;) One of many.

So glad you're feeling somewhat better even if you are fantasizing about coughing blood into a hanky!

Posted by lena at October 26, 2006 12:35 AM

I SWAN? My Mom and Aunts used to say that. Haven't heard it in years.

Posted by Vicki at October 26, 2006 10:03 AM

Hey, DebR! Some linky love, please? I want to see the interview, too!

Posted by Aimee at October 26, 2006 10:28 AM

Here ya go Aimee:
(I had to then click on "Trouble Viewing" so if nothing starts playing on the page I linked to, try that.)

Posted by DebR at October 26, 2006 2:55 PM