Comments: House of Mouse

Ok, NOW I am jealous! I love DisneyWorld! But we have to wait until December...

I even have a Disney Blog, although I am hopeless about updating it.

Posted by Shelley at October 11, 2006 3:58 PM

Dude. I'm SOOO with your brother on this...I think DisneyWorld is an evil beast of a place; Epcot is more acceptable. Though occasionally, Disney movies are good. Not lately, though, and they were much better in the '60s and '70s than now (and I'm technically "too young" to know that cuz I was born in '77, but I had a mom who loved Darby O'Gill and The Gnome Mobile and Charlie the Lonesome Cougar and Bedknobs & Broomsticks and all those wonderful older Disney movies, so we rented those all the time when I was a kid). Disney's Pocohontas can suck my big toe. That most recent pile of crap they made can suck it, too.

Posted by JenA at October 11, 2006 5:01 PM

I wanna go!

Posted by Heather Cook at October 11, 2006 7:52 PM

Okay, that is one demonic squirrel! Wicked! And you trust Maisie around such creatures? Of course she's young and therefore probably a match for the thing, unlike my poor pooch who was soundly trounced by an uppity squirrel.

Anyway, have a blast at Disney World. We look forward to wonderful stories!

Posted by Fran at October 11, 2006 11:12 PM

OOh, I remember the Gnome Mobile!! Darby and the little people,,, I loved them! lol

Have a great time Joshilyn!! Maisy looks completely content, feeding the lil' critter!! Took my eyes a sec to adjust, that golden eye through me off!

weeeeeee, have fun!

Posted by North at October 12, 2006 12:00 AM

I'm with JenA and Bobby. I grew up going to Disneyland and think what's the big deal. But have fun.

Also JenA is right on about the movie thing. How come Toby Tyler never comes out on DVD?

Posted by Cele at October 12, 2006 1:18 AM

I hit D-Land a bunch as a kid, but have only been to Epcot in Florida. Can you believe, with a family of 6, that I've never taken them there? Yeah, we hear that as well.
We have friends that go every two years, but not us. I don't really know why. First, i didn't want to go when I was preggers. But I haven't been able to use that excuse for a good 5 years. Then, it was that I wanted them all to be old enough to remember it. With the baby being 5, I don't think it's a problem. Now, I guess it's just the thought of spending over $5000 for a one week family vacation, and that's before we even buy souvenirs.
Maybe when i sell my first book? Yeah, that's the idea. Then I can use that to keep them quiet during the day, so I can write more! Thanks for the idea, Joss, you're an angel.
And that Maisy, brave little soul she is.

Posted by dee at October 12, 2006 9:33 AM

I'm with your bro. I'd take demonic squirrels any day over people dressed in giant Mouse costumes. But then, I have a soft spot for tree rodents.

My son, wisely, is terrified of adults wearing costumes. So Disney World for him would be like the scariest haunted house ever.

Have fun!

Posted by Edgy Mama at October 12, 2006 9:48 AM

Have a great time!

Posted by Aimee at October 12, 2006 10:49 AM

I confess, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Disney World, embarrassing videos of me waving from the merry-go-round like the Queen of Everything (at the oh-so-mature age of 11) notwithstanding. I've been twice, my folks have been 4 times, and are waiting with bated breath for the littlest to be old enough to remember the trip. Hopefully, they'll take us boring parents along for the trip, too.

Although, I do have to say, given the choice, while Disney World is fine every once in a while, for yearly vacations, I'll choose camping (evil squirrels or not) every time. Tent camping, to be specific. We learned very recently that we ARE NOT RV campers.

Posted by Jessica at October 12, 2006 11:55 AM

For all you parents out there, Hallowe'en is around the corner, and yesterday I posted Witch Finger Cookies on my blog; as well as an ice cream cake recipe I did for our Canadian thanksgiving this past weekend.

Hope you are having a blast at Disney, Joshilyn!!

with loving kindness,