Comments: The UN-Whelked

I just love that lilty accent of yours, Joshilyn! If you have to be nervous to produce it, then hooray for nerves. You looked FABulous, as always, and matched the sofa quite nicely. I'm sure it was planned (on their part... they probably switched sofas when they saw you come in).
Oh, and it was a great interview, too! Bonus!

Posted by carolie at October 6, 2006 10:44 AM

Excellent interview! You look great.

The arrest record is still extremely sucky, though.

Posted by Katie at October 6, 2006 11:15 AM

:::: coming out of lurkdom ::::

Oh, you were so very adorable in your interview! I would think anyone who saw it would run out and buy your books immediately. (I bought "gods" Wednesday and read it at every stop light on the way home)

So very glad charges were dropped. At least you didn't have to hang out with mullet-boy.

A few years back my well-dressed, 60-something mother decided she must have a new copy of her birth certificate. She went to the counter of what she thought was the records department at the court house, took a number and sat down to wait her turn. She looked around at the others waiting, who were likely of the mullet-type you saw in court, and thought "Do only CRIMINALS want their birth certificates?" She then looked up and saw the big sign that told her she was actually in CRIMINAL PROBATION. Oh, how my family still laughs at the story.

Posted by Jenny G at October 6, 2006 11:34 AM

That totally sucks that you have to spend more time and money to get the arrest record expunged. That's something that *should* be done automatically as part of the system if you prove the arrest was totally wrongful, which of course you already DID. But nooooooo...that would be WAY to logical and helpful for the government. Pppffftt.

Posted by DebR at October 6, 2006 12:05 PM

Outstanding interview. It made me excited about Between all over again.

Posted by Cele at October 6, 2006 12:19 PM

Joss,

Your interview was GREAT. You were pretty and witty and absolutely lovely, and Holly Firfur (or whatever) was damned lucky to have you.

The Powers That Be, however, as well as the Cops who "arrested" you...bah..patooey...are smelly and their asses look like two billy goats fighting over a tin can under a tarp.

So there.

Posted by Angela at October 6, 2006 1:06 PM

Loved the interview!!

And... I just had to tell you: Last night, we went to our youngest's open house/book fair, and gods was there! I stood next to it and talked very loudly to my husband about how it was SO cool your book was there, how awesome it was, and how it was curious that Between was Not there also. After we walked off, two women shuffled over and BOUGHT copies. Heh. Nothing like loudmouthed advertising. :)

Posted by dragonfly at October 6, 2006 2:06 PM

I thought you had a great screen presence. Stop worrying!

Posted by jason evans at October 6, 2006 2:24 PM

Seriously adored the interview and thought, man she IS southern! No wonder people always asked ME if I was from around there (because I wasn't).

As for your arrest, trust me on this: It SHOULD not hender you at all in the future. It's why job apps ask if you've ever been found GUILTY of a FELONY. The rest don't matter. So, you know, should the famous author thing not work out, don't worry about what they'll think if you apply at Waffle House.

Posted by Angela Giles Klocke at October 6, 2006 2:43 PM

Hey! I've been to that mall - my husband was at a conference there. The Threadmill Complex, right? The kids LOVED that fountain.

I hope you get your record cleared. What a pain!

Posted by Mom Nancy at October 6, 2006 3:03 PM

CRAPCRAPCRAPCRAPCRAP!!!

*I* have hives TOO! dadgum i am so angry for you!! can we write letters to anyone? i can write some fun letters pointing out the clear incompetence (sp?) etc!!! grrr! i'm so so so sorry.

Posted by kristen at October 6, 2006 9:40 PM

In the Seattle area there is a restaurant chain called Ivar's Acres of Clams. It is the signiture establishment of a former folksinger named Ivar Haglund. The restaurant's slogan? "Keep clam."

Posted by Holly at October 7, 2006 9:15 AM

Fantastic interview, Joshilyn! And I'm sorry you're having to deal with the whole insanity of getting your record expunged! It's nuts.

Posted by Laura Florand at October 7, 2006 9:25 AM

I listened to your interview several times....I don't hear an accent at all! :-) I used to shop for antiques at the Threadmill Mall where you went to court.

Love your 1st book and can't wait to read the new one!

Posted by CindyInAtl at October 7, 2006 11:59 AM

WHEE! Pretty Joss was on TV! You looked great! I bet you even smelled great! Good job!

If it were me? I would have been flinging my hands around so much in nervous ataxia that you wouldn't be able to see my face. In fact people would point at my face area and say... what's that? Did they pixelize her face what's with the blur?

Posted by Heather Cook at October 7, 2006 5:44 PM

So funny Joshilyn that "big jerk day" happens to be my birthday. Thanks.

Posted by Waylon at October 7, 2006 9:59 PM

I don't live in Atlanta, but I just finished reading Between and LOVE, LOVE, LOVED it! I'm always a little sad when a good novel comes to an end though. The adventure is over...for now.

Posted by Melisa at October 9, 2006 10:29 AM

I just got a chance to watch your interview. You are pretty and delightful, and I loved it. But one thing made me practically SWOON with horror. TGWSS isn't coming out until January 2008?! Good lord, but that's a long time to wait.

2008.