Comments: a thousand small deaths later

I saw Caroline a few days back and said prophetically, "Many hearts will be broken". Little did I realize our son was first on the list.

Carolines will come and go and our son will grow up, but his father will always remain infalable... Infallable? Infalibel? Well, you know what I mean.

Posted by Mr. Husband at June 12, 2004 4:15 PM

Hi Hun, Its Wendy, aka ShadowMoon. Just want you to know I am visiting this site for the first time and I love your writings. You are so talented. I wish I was you.

Posted by Wendy McGuire at June 12, 2004 8:07 PM

Oh, wow. I can just see it, the way you describe it. What an amazing moment.

Posted by Jensgalore at June 13, 2004 1:44 AM

Oh my. I am speechless. Not really, or I would not be able to type here. I am the mother of this creature known as Caroline. Joshilyn has described her more carefully, beautifully and accurately than I ever thought anyone could. It is probably well that young Sam missed Caroline singing again at church this morning. The already-handsome man-child would surely have fallen deeper into the depths had he heard his little songbird. If you are a childless person out there reading this, you may be ready to fumble around for a receptacle in which to be ill with all of the sweetness. If you are the cavity-prone sort-- grab your flouride. We, the parents of these two sweet children on the verge of their man and womanhood can only bear witness to something that is pure and lovely and holy. And I would not miss it for anything. Thank you God for all of the Sams and Carolines in the world.

Posted by xhanthia at June 13, 2004 2:09 PM

Ahhhhhhhhh, too sweet. :)

Posted by Tiff at June 13, 2004 2:31 PM

If his heart gets broken, rest assured he will bounce back much faster than a daughter. My son has had his heart broken no less than a million times. He's just fine, always open for the next event of true love. And yes, he's talked like this many-o times! Now, my daughter...she chose her husband in pre-k and finally realized this year in 1st that he didn't only like her :(

Posted by AGK at June 14, 2004 10:59 AM