Comments: Hello, she said shyly, even though adverbs are out of fashion...

A momentous decision. Welcome back.

Posted by Reé at September 29, 2006 12:02 PM

Oh, mi gosh it was sooo worth the wait. Flirtinis and crab legs to you honey. Break a lead.

Posted by Cele at September 29, 2006 12:03 PM

Welcome back Joss!! It's great to see you and 'hear' how you managed to break the insanity.

(I must try it out myself. Perhaps I'll figure out how to like my MC again.)

Posted by dragonfly at September 29, 2006 12:42 PM

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Posted by hollygee at September 29, 2006 1:02 PM

Welcome back, Pretty Tulip!

Posted by Beth at September 29, 2006 1:45 PM

OH thank goodness you decided to live! Because in writer land it's sort of a 'you jump, I jump' thing... if I found out there would not be another JJ book coming out, I'd lose all faith!

After reading your vomitously romantical paragraphs, I realized I was never one of the girls in C cups who knew that boys would ever look her way.

Posted by Heather Cook at September 29, 2006 1:52 PM

I'm glad. You're my favorite.

Posted by Susan at September 29, 2006 1:52 PM

I'm just reading Gods of Alabama now. That would've been tragic if I could never read another.

Glad to hear you've decided to live. Really live.

Posted by jason evans at September 29, 2006 2:02 PM

(Of course, that's *in* Alabama. Would be nice if I got my prepositions right.)

Posted by jason evans at September 29, 2006 2:03 PM

Good on ya, Tulip.

Posted by Amy-Go at September 29, 2006 2:24 PM

Hurrah! She lives.

We missed you too!

Posted by Edgy Mama at September 29, 2006 4:37 PM

Welcome home, darlin.

Posted by Mir at September 29, 2006 4:42 PM

Dude, now I have GUILT for using the stern mommy voice. Please don't hate me, because, well??? You're pretty??? Is that a good enough reason?
And really, "I like you best!"
Seriously, glad you're really back, and have decided to live, and WRITE again. Really, really, really I am.
(((((Joshilyn))))) <-------big hugs, just for you!

(Besides, I'd hate to have to take down my favorite picture, hanging just above my Inspirational Writing Wall. You know, the one of you and me in Charlotte, with the cool frame that has "BFF" in sparkly letters... Yeah, that would just be S.A.D.)

Posted by dee at September 29, 2006 4:53 PM

oh my god, you write so well. *lies down to recover after reading that post*

Posted by lizardek at September 29, 2006 6:32 PM

Yay! Oh, yaaaaaay. Welcome back.

And this is just the weirdest thing. Remember how, during the dark tea time, I e-mailed you about my fear of having to write a political satire about CHEESE for that crazy screenwriting contest I was doing? Well I didn't have to, but the idea I did come up with for that one (just in case) had to do with mad cows producing mad cheese, and the president deciding to bomb Wisconsin. So whatever THAT could possibly mean... there you go. Wisconsin -- lovely state, but possibly the root of all evil.

Posted by Aimee at September 29, 2006 6:53 PM

Well, danged if you ain't a sight for sore eyes. We missed you. And your mushy, romantical prose, too! *sigh*

Welcome back, dear.

Posted by David at September 29, 2006 7:01 PM

I'm late to the party, but glad to hear you're at it again. Sure would miss you at next year's Decatur Book Fest!

Posted by Jim at September 29, 2006 7:57 PM

Jumping on the "Welcome Back" bandwagon. So glad you found your way out of the tea!

Posted by Mit_Moi at September 29, 2006 8:52 PM

What a vomitously romantical and gooey story! It's so sweet I think I now may be a diabetical.

Welcome back. You were missed.

Posted by Deb at September 30, 2006 7:38 AM

Power-packing punch, right to the common senses!! Joshilyn, you took me through every trap, morsel, doubt, frustration-hilled challenge with you on this piece!

I felt every vibration to the senese being pulled in all four Sacred Directions of the Universe--and of course, in simultaneous and tumultous abandon!

Equally, I felt myself too; climb out of a "boat" and just as I thought I'd never get taller, because I am only five foot one inch you see; I suddenly realize, I am a mountain of courage, strength too, and more than anything else,

I am an born-to-be-an-adventuress, in my excursion of the dance between: soul, spirit, heart, mind and emotion; as I touch the center of beingness, and like you; remember to dance.

Joshilyn, thankyou for the profound reminder, that sometimes even in achieving all of our wish's and desires; there will always come a day, when it over-powers our living in the smallest, most important "moments" of life.

How to keep the balance? I struggle with the balance-dance myself, in my simplicity; I cannot imagine being Joshilyn, author extra-ordinaire; master-dancer of all things possible!

North

Posted by North at September 30, 2006 11:31 AM

A Missy Blu Hug-Doll, sent to me all the way from Holland in August, for my 50ieth Birthday! lol Long story short, I needed a hug...Missy Blu is "it" and I share her with anyone needing one today.

Posted by North at September 30, 2006 11:42 AM

My theory: your mental illness number is directly related to your bionic science ear.

Posted by Karen Abbott at September 30, 2006 11:44 AM

I've missed you!! I disappeared into the tale of Joss and jen. I remembered how warm the sun felt and the motion of the boat and the feeling that you are in the post perfect day ever. Sometimes I forget those wonderful times on the gulf coast when I was growing up. Funny how life gets in the way. Thanks for for being able to tap into that with your amazing gift of storytelling.

Posted by Allison at September 30, 2006 3:21 PM

oh thank GAWD.

please don't leave again. your books are too good for that. reading your stuff makes me want to be a better writer.

Posted by Sarah at September 30, 2006 9:07 PM

Yay!
Living is Good. :-)

Posted by DebR at October 1, 2006 2:31 PM

Josh--You go Girl. Glad you are doing OTHER FUN stuff. It will be good for your soul and your family. They miss you.
Yes, you can get burned out on things you enjoy doing!!! So...Hope all works for you. Enjoy those kids and Scott NOW--
God Bless, aunt marinan

Posted by Aunt Marinan at October 1, 2006 4:28 PM

Welcome back anytime! A little vacation is nice every now and then.

Posted by Patti at October 2, 2006 7:47 AM