Comments: 3Q with Karin Gillespie

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!! I've never laughed so hard at a 3Q ever. Awesome. In my neck of the woods (that would be Central and Southern Virginia), it's not "I swanee" but the more abbreviated "I swan." But the sentiment remains the same........

Posted by JenA at September 26, 2006 4:25 PM

I think I must have been a belle in another life, because that all sounds so familiar in a deja vu sort of way. Love the interview, love the promotion story, gotta buy the book.

Thanks both of you ladies!

Posted by ZaZa at September 26, 2006 6:39 PM

Ah, sweet memories of my long gone grandma who was born in a little town in Oklahoma that shut down when her father packed the covered wagon up and moved them to Blanket, Texas. He was the postmaster and none of the remaining two or three residents wanted the job.

The phrase I remember her saying more than anything else was "Well...I'll swan..."

It covered a multitude of sins and situations. :)

Posted by Julie at September 26, 2006 10:10 PM

Dear Joshilyn and Karin; I absolutely enjoyed reading this interview!! Joshilyn, where do you find such awesome authors, with such delightful humour?!

Karin, loved the signs--hilarious--especially the stop/drop/roll-hell one! lol

Thanks for a great read ladies!

North

Posted by North at September 26, 2006 11:16 PM

Great interview!

All my fam's from Georgaw. Most from below the gnat line, and I swanee it's a remarkable culture.

Can't wait to read your stuff, Karin.

Posted by Edgy Mama at September 27, 2006 12:08 PM

I want to go to Catfish Stomps, Chitlin Struts and Fire Ant Festivals.

And I'm Canadian...

Somehow the Curling Bonspeil, Hockey Tourney and Skidoo races just don't cut it for me.

Posted by Serenity Now! at September 27, 2006 12:21 PM

@SerenityNow--Hi, I'm in Canada too!! Northern Ontario-resulting in my nicname... r u in Can. or a Can. living in the USA?

Oh, and HaPpY ThAnKsGiViNg, on Oct.9th to all Canadians next month.

North

Posted by North at September 27, 2006 6:20 PM

INCREDIBLY funny. . .she's the next author in my sights. I loved the signs that she wrote down. . .tell her there is a tiny little beauty shop in an equally tiny east Texas town named "Curl Up and Dye." I kid you not.

Posted by Roxanne at September 27, 2006 7:16 PM

Gosh Roxanne, that is quite a name for a salon, it's funny... and I'm sure it brings in customers!!

North

Posted by North at September 27, 2006 11:13 PM

In one town near where I live there's a shop called S*****'s Electronics, Sporting Goods, and Tuxedo Rental. (Name hidden to protect the clueless.) Gotta love small southern towns! :-)

Posted by DebR at September 28, 2006 11:56 AM

Joshilyn,

I think we sort of share a first name. I came across your site and blog through the good folks at Capitol Book and News in Montgomery, AL.

I grew up in a small town named Luverne, AL. I think Karin is hitting pretty close to the mark in many ways. My wife and I just moved to Montgomery 2 years ago to be with all our family, but lived in Washington, GA prior to that. Just before we moved, the city of Washington started allowing anyone who wanted to shoot squirrels IN THE CITY LIMITS on Saturdays. Just another weird nuance of small-town Southern living.

I love your website. Keep up the good bloggin'!

Josh

Posted by Joshua A. Sipper at September 28, 2006 1:25 PM

My hometown of Bedford, VA used to have a combo ice cream parlor and laundromat. And several restaurants in both Charlottesville and Williamsburg, VA feature breakfast coupled with decidedly non-breakfast foods (for example, The Italian Villa - serving breakfast 24 hours, the Waffle, Steak and Spaghetti House, and S--'s Pancakes and Hot Dogs).

Posted by JenA at September 28, 2006 3:46 PM