Comments: Respondomatic

And you say you don't remember how to tell a story. Riiiiiiight.

Posted by Amy-Go at September 25, 2006 10:31 AM

Yeah, what Amy - Go said.

Posted by Cele at September 25, 2006 12:00 PM

Yeah, I hate to be a band-wagon-jumper-onner (and really hate to be the one who may have just coined that ugly phrase!) but I must "ditto" both Amy-Go and Cele said. Your stories are making a fibber of you.

Posted by beejsnyder at September 25, 2006 1:49 PM

And she's BACK! Yeah! We all knew your story-telling muscles just needed a short rest before they rev right back up again!

Posted by Fran at September 25, 2006 2:06 PM

OH yeah, no storytelling here. Nope. None at all.

Me? I'd be all, like, my cat died. I was sad.

Dude.

Posted by Serenity Now! at September 25, 2006 3:33 PM

I can relate to the cat being dead and being pregnant all at the same time. My story is worse, however, because MY cat was already buried and some dog decided to UNEARTH her!! Can we just say EWWW? That is a memory that huants me to this day....

Posted by Sheri at September 25, 2006 5:31 PM

Well, to introduce a note of woo-woo to the festivities...and I thought this when I read the previous post but was too lazy (chicken?) to say it. But, Walley may have just been waiting for you not to need him so much. You had Maisy coming, soon, and he knew you'd be okay, so he could let go, knowing you'd have someone new to love.

For years I had birds, so had to give up having cats. I moved into this little house with a huge yard that was like the forest primeival (sp?). All the (largely feral) neighborhood cats hung out in my yard, traversed my yard, etc. But, if I so much as opened the door to the deck, the scattered like fur-covered rockets. All of them. Then my last little bird got sick. She was dying. She was at her last gasp when, one day, one of the cats marched through my back door and nattered at me, forcefully, then sat her little butt down. Like, "So there."

My bird died the next day. And the cat repeated this performance every day until I broke down and admitted that she was my new pet. Didn't take long either, 'cause I'm a cat person. But I firmly believe she knew that I was going to have a vacancy in my heart that needed to be filled by a critter, and she was applying for the position. So, glad she did, too.

Posted by ZaZa at September 26, 2006 1:50 AM

WalleyCat? Hmmm...the pov character in my novel is named Wally. He's a good guy, though.

Posted by Jim Simpson at September 28, 2006 12:48 AM