Comments: Back and WORKING!

Ooh, ooh, ooh, let me be the first to say WTG on the "award winning" thing. Yeah, yeah, I know we all already said our congrats, but that was way back there, tons of posts ago. So here, on this first MT post (nice, btw), let me be the first.
Also, I really HATE it when you start talking about how good somebody is. That always means that I will end up spending MONEY. Right now, I don't have much of it, but I did get 2 coupons for free coffee at at major bookseller. So, now I have a name to look for when I head there. Thanks for that.
And MAN, you can write a HUGE LONG post now, and it looks all small and compact until you click that link. How freakin cool is that?
Tell Mr. Husband he done gooooood, and we're all proud of him, and he's wonderful, and you can fill in the rest yourself because he is YOUR Mr. Husband.

Posted by dee at September 7, 2006 9:15 AM

You're so excited about all these things, you haven't even mentioned PR, or do you not know who got aufed yet? I don't want to ruin it if you have it Tivo'd (unless I have somehow, in which case I'm sorry).

Posted by Carol at September 7, 2006 10:50 AM

I have a feeling this will be the first in a long string of writing awards! Congrats and have a great time!

Posted by Keetha at September 7, 2006 11:20 AM

As a poet, I'm not offended (not that you targeted me, only my genrè) I totally understand. There are few poets I truly enjoy - I mean not like novelist that I enjoy, now that is a long, long list. Most modern poets leave me freezer burnt. It is the classic romantic poets that claim my attention. Oh and Gibran.

Enjoy the trip, covet the award, revele in the attention. Have fun. ;)

Posted by Cele at September 7, 2006 11:59 AM

Congratulations on your award and I hope the lunch is splenderous and delicioso AND that your speech frolics blithely off your tongue with much laughter and poignancy ensuing amongst those on the receiving end, as is proper.

I like Tom Lux and Philip Larkin, for poetry. Also Robinson Jeffers. Other than that give me novels. Especially yours. Pitter-clank.

Posted by Cornelia Read at September 7, 2006 12:08 PM

Yay - you're back and the spammers have been thwarted!

Congrats on the award!

Posted by Lindsey at September 7, 2006 12:43 PM

OMG. My honey just called me to tell me you are going to be in MY town this Saturday. I am so excited. I am so bringing my books to you to get your fabulous signature on! Then I'm off to "gypsy-up" and bellydance for the troops. See ya Saturday!!!

Posted by deb at September 7, 2006 1:11 PM

I was upset to find that this evening's book signing @ Lawrenceville's Books-a-Million was cancelled, but after checking your blog I see it was for a wonderful reason. Congratulations! Selfishly, I hope you still plan to visit that location sometime.

Posted by Rhiannon at September 7, 2006 4:41 PM

Joss, I'm so glad you guest blogged over at Literary Chicks. I requested all their books from the library and just finished Fashionably Late by Beth Kendrick. Loved it! So funny! Although it did not have any lines that compared to "the house was decorated in Early Piles of Crap". (additional shameless fawning and booty smoochin' mercifully deleted)

Posted by Elena at September 7, 2006 10:34 PM

Congrats on the award! Yay you!

And congrats on the new version of MT taking care of the canned meat problem.

Although I wish the new version of MT didn't include the "hide part of the post and make people click and reload the page just to see all of what they came to read in the first place" feature. I hate when bloggerss do that. Sigh.

Posted by DebR at September 8, 2006 9:26 AM

Hey Joshilyn - congratulations on the award! How exciting to get to go to a award ceremony as the recipient!
Got your book in the mail yesterday and I tucked it away for my trip to the cottage this weekend.
Thank you SO much! I've been looking forward to reading it!

Posted by Nienke at September 8, 2006 1:12 PM

I don't like it when the long part goes under. I want everything on top. Otherwise I belligerently refuse to read the under part.

Posted by Lydia at September 8, 2006 5:00 PM

So accustomed am I to everything on your page being out in the open that, at first read, I did not GET IT and, therefore, did not make the jump with you. Thanks be to all things literary that I did come back and finally did click the glowing words that read, 'click here, stupid' (ok, maybe they didn't read EXACTLY that), and found out about your award. Congratulations! So when are you going to change your blog subtitle to 'near daily ramblings from AWARD WINNING (making these words all glowy and blinky and huge and stuff) novelist Joshilyn Jackson'?

Posted by Stephanie Chance at September 8, 2006 5:53 PM

Absolutely splendid award, congrats Joshilyn!!

North

Posted by North at September 8, 2006 10:18 PM

Congratulations to an "award winning novelist".
Just a little clue, please ... what does it mean when "the long part goes under"??
God bless, Christine

Posted by Christine in Los Angeles at September 9, 2006 7:53 AM

But if you don't have her first book you don't have the poem where she imagines going back as her, now, to him, then -- the funniest, most touching, sexiest poem that comes to mind right off hand (well, unless we start sending you Bob Hicok.) But you've got "Bite Me?" yes? And you didn't link to it, http://www.uga.edu/garev/spring03/fennelly.htm
why?

She wouldn't mind. She's an underappreciated poet, not an award-winning novelist.

Posted by rams at September 9, 2006 7:35 PM

Christine, it means when the contributors post only shows partly, and the rest, is unseen, you have to click the link, to read the rest.. then comment.

North

Posted by North at September 9, 2006 8:57 PM

Hey, Joshilyn--
Someone emailed me about your blog and wow am I flattered and gratified--you're too kind. But I feel I need to confess: the woman didn't really say "I like you best." She said, "I like your dress."

I like YOU best. Congrats about the award!

Posted by Beth Ann Fennelly at September 10, 2006 12:54 PM