Comments: Quillicious (and a CONTEST!)

Hhhmmm, I just bought "Water for Elephants" a couple of weeks ago, but haven't read it yet. Guess I need to move it to the top of the TBR list before voting ends.

I've never read Michael Connelly's books either (although I've read Lee Child), so there's another name to look for.

My TBR list has gotten significantly longer since I started visiting FTK!!!

Posted by DebR at August 23, 2006 9:32 AM

I got mail from you yesterday! I was so excited when I saw the package shoved between inside and outside doors when I got home yesterday -- with Joshilyn Jackson's very own return address on it!! Thanks so much, I'm excited to start reading!

Posted by TrudyJ at August 23, 2006 9:51 AM

Oh darn, I'm not going to be around to play with my photoshop. Shucks. :(

Good think I've already cornered the market on all things Joss Jackson, or I would have to miss baseball this week in Seattle.

The things a girl has to do.... :)

Posted by Cele at August 23, 2006 11:39 AM

You MUST read Harlan Coben! But I should warn you that he's addictive, so you might as well just buy all of his books at once.

His dialogue makes me drool--snappy, smart and real. Damn.

O, and I wrote about one of your sex scenes in Between a couple days ago on my bloggie.

Posted by Edgy Mama at August 23, 2006 11:49 AM

Really that last sentence in my comment above should read: I wrote about one of the sex scenes from Between on my bloggie.

There. That's clearer.

Posted by Edgy Mama at August 23, 2006 11:50 AM

*grumble, grumble*
Stupid art contest...don't have photoshop and wouldn't know it if it was gnawing on my arse..
*grumble*
Never win anything...
*grumble, grumble*

Ahhhhh...the joys of a 2 year old who doesn't sleep. Makes me spread sunshine around to the whole world.

Posted by Angela at August 23, 2006 11:58 AM

Thank you for the Quills link, Peach! It was good to see Michael Connolly there - he's a shop fave, of course, as is Lee! - but it was great fun for me to see my friend Kate DiCamillo's book there. She's another little slice of the South, although she lives in Minnesota now. But I've always enjoyed her writing almost as much as I've enjoyed yours! So I'm glad to see she got a nod.

Photoshop, huh? Hmm, not so good with that. But I can't wait to see the entries!

Posted by Fran at August 23, 2006 10:11 PM

Peeple! Angela! you dont need any steenken photoshop! I did that Chain Gang from a postcard and a xrox I clipped carefully and taped down. What frustrated me was I couldn't make a leetle black box with white lettering that said "I'm too cute to go to jail!" and cover up the copy...

Here's something fun:

go to Google and type in "novelist arrested"

Nguyen Ngoc Tan
Alexander Solzhenitsen
Irene Nemirovsky
Ngugi Wa Thiong'o (who is going to be a big deal. I'm just sayin)

and
Joshilyn Jackson

man when I get on the front page of google with ole Alex....well.

Posted by Tammy Domike at August 24, 2006 1:54 AM

Drats, I don't use photoshop either! : (

Does it have to be photoshop, or will any old jpg do?

North

Posted by North at August 24, 2006 11:49 PM

Dude, that description of Tog-wiss in the Fashionista interview sounds totally hot. Very NOT the blood and guts exposed story that I am imagining right now. It sounds like it will have clothes on and be ready for a party.
It's just really cool that you let us in on all of the stuff that happens while you create your book.
I also like the BIC-HOK advice. I need to enlarge that, print it, and hang it on my wall next to my desk, with the words "Joshilyn says..." over it. Yep, that just might work...
Now I'm am getting off your blog and going to work on my wip. You've inspired me. Thanks!

Posted by dee at August 25, 2006 12:44 AM

Well, here are 3 icons I made, to submit. I could not find a link to EM them to you, so here they are, hosted at a free pic hosting site:

These were made in ULead Photo Express..using your JJ logo and an olive background, as your blog would not let me save your background.

North

Posted by North at August 25, 2006 12:44 AM

The logo was put into a vase...

Posted by North at August 25, 2006 12:45 AM

I should mention they are in size x100.

I just tried them in size x60 and looks fine!

North