Comments: All The Reasons I Am Crazy

Oh, okay. So you want to eat my brains. Whatev. But at least you're PRETTY! Sorry that driving through Austell is causing you such angst. I hope that getting a few more weeks between you and the VERY REALLY TRULY WRONGFUL ARREST will make that part go away.

Posted by Aimee at August 21, 2006 11:19 AM

Your picture looks like an angsty version of your author pic on your homepage. You're still pretty and thinking deep thoughts.

Did Hot Nice Cop get the file pulled?

Please ask Scott to order you some chocolate from Burdick's or Godiva. You are clearly in need of a large box of it.

Take care of yourself Tulip!

Posted by Elizabeth at August 21, 2006 11:53 AM

Woman. I cannot believe you won't give me permission to send a pie. You clearly need its restorative powers.

And that picture! Grumpy-but-Beautiful Joshilyn. Hott! ;)

Posted by Amy-Go at August 21, 2006 12:32 PM

On second thought, get Scott to assemble the ingredients of that great bed you found in St. Louis in your home and curl up in it with your laptop.

Posted by Elizabeth at August 21, 2006 12:50 PM

I actually like that picture. :)

Posted by Heather at August 21, 2006 1:35 PM

Um, regarding that caption? Yeah, pretty much. BUT. I have always liked church potluck dinners. So.

Also? YOU ARE PRETTY!

Posted by David at August 21, 2006 1:43 PM

My first thought when I see that photo of you?

Cute shoes!

My second thought?

Cute skirt too!

Your facial expression reminds me a LOT of a former roomie of mine and since I looked at that "I want to eat your brains" sort of look for the better part of three years, it barely registers with me. I like your hair though! :-)

Posted by DebR at August 21, 2006 1:57 PM

This pic reminds me of an old INXS song...Devil Inside. What, with your eyebrow all quirky, I'm wondering if you're thinking of that spray stuff, quirk, quirk... Ok, I'll stop now, before you go all Hannibal Lechter on me and have me with a nice chianti. That's gucky.
Seriously, I'm going to go with the copycat, but totally sincere, sentiment, and just say...

YOU ARE PRETTY!!!

Posted by dee at August 21, 2006 1:57 PM

DebR, I was thinking the same thing about the shoes, and I'm hoping she'll tell us where she got them. I can always use a new pair of black shoes...

Posted by dee at August 21, 2006 1:58 PM

You look adorable, if a tad angsty. Which is a pretty good characterization of you, come to think of it....

Posted by Mir at August 21, 2006 2:04 PM

Peach, at least you're in good company with the wrongfully arrested bit. My son was arrested at the demand of his middle school principal when he was 13. Arrested. And why? Because he had a soft pewter letter opener with Elvish runes on it. He was NOT arrested for having the letter opener (suspended for 10 days and deservedly so, for being a goofball mostly, but still). No, he was arrested for the RUNES on the letter opener. She said that they were Satanic and being a Satanist (which he wasn't, isn't, whatever) was akin to being in a gang, and she would not stop until he was arrested for it.

He's a good kid, you're a wonderful lady and sometimes things just become surreal. Every time you start to cry going through Austell, blow a great big huge raspberry at the jail. Or buy a new pair of shoes! That would be a GOOD memory to replace the yucky one!

Posted by Fran at August 21, 2006 2:54 PM

Cute pants and sandals!

Posted by Edgy Mama at August 21, 2006 3:31 PM

I got nothing. It has all been said. "You are pretty." "Lovin' the outfit." "If you are going to eat my brain please use a spoon, I'm thinking the fork tines would hurt." Yada Yada Yada.

And every time I hear/read you type about being in jail I just wonder if you had to drink yellow water.

I blame it on the estrogen.

Posted by charity_s at August 21, 2006 3:45 PM

You know what's wrong...Your revising...your giving birth....and the picture on the steps..your in transition...You know that's an awful place to be and it's painful and it's beyond angsty and

you got arrested...so relatively it's like they said, "you are too far along to get an epidural..your going to have to go it natural" But you weren't PLANNING on doing that...just like you weren't planning on rewritting big whole gobs of story and now it has to be done and it's NOT FUN

think of the end and you will dig and find it and bring it forth and breath life into it and it will be wonderful

Ahd then in a couple of years the fodder that is "I was arrested but I shouldn't have been" is now a seed and it will grow and you will give birth again to another book with a wonderful scene in it about a main character who was wrongly accused and was vindicated. You will have your just desserts on Austell and you will be able to drive through and laugh great belly laughs, ( I think you should name the town Awful, sort of "writer's justice")

It will be fine.....Huge hugs oh pretty one...go sniff Maisy and Sam.

Posted by Gabi at August 21, 2006 4:03 PM

But I'm liking the brown. Brown is the new black. Hormonal angst is the new quiet fulfillment.

Posted by Lydia at August 21, 2006 4:05 PM

My gosh, Joss. You look like something that should be peering through a hedge and snarling at passersby. With twigs in your ratty hair and a half-unravelled sweater covering the other fruits of your dumpster diving.

IOW, that is one scary and evil look you have in them there otherwise pretty ?blue? eyes.

Like your outfit, and those are some 'dorable yet comgy looking slides. You go, evil woman.

You are still pretty, really and figuratively.

Posted by ZaZa at August 21, 2006 5:02 PM

Uh, I should probably clarify that I didn't mean that your hair is ratty in the pick, only in my imaginary image. You see?

Please don't eat my brain.

Posted by ZaZa at August 21, 2006 5:06 PM

C'mon, pretty feet. You took Freshman Psych. Extinguishing behavior. Drive through Austel twenty five times. Cruise Austell. Inhabit the main street of Austell. Get so bored with Austell that you can't imagine any intense sensation taking place withing seven miles of Austell.

After Scott initiates the lawsuit of course.

(I know. I'm no fun. But you gonna let Austell win? Huh? You gonna?)

Posted by rams at August 21, 2006 5:42 PM

You look mischievious to me. That's all. And cute. Good color on you.

I'm sorry about the anxiety. I predict your aversion to SuperWalmart will beat out your anxiety, however.

Posted by Suebob at August 21, 2006 7:17 PM

In this pic, you look like the cat that swallowed the canary!!(smile.)Absolutely adorable.. what were your immediate thoughts when taken?

North

Posted by North at August 22, 2006 12:41 AM

Oh, Joss, Joss, Joss. Heavy sigh. It'll be okay. really.:)

Posted by Cele at August 22, 2006 1:04 AM

Girl...You look crazy skinny and fabu! You have not changed since the last time I saw you. You might need to eat a sandwich though!

Just started Between, Georgia! You go sassy pants!

Posted by Andrea at August 24, 2006 12:01 AM

you're comments about the Super Wamart had me cracking up! I live right off of Veteran's Memorial Pkwy. So I am, at times, forced to visit said Super Walmart :shudder: That place is ooky! I try not to look when I drive by on my way to Starbucks. Luckily I'll soon be moving to Cedartown...is there another super wally world in my future?

Posted by Kimber at August 25, 2006 10:16 AM

As a true southerner knows, so you were wrongfully arrested. The true question is, "Did you repent regardless?" LOL

Linda in the not so Amen Corner