Comments: A Blurb and a Gordito

Good Lord, but you have vivid dreams! *looks around furtively* So, is this wraith of literary prophecy going to be the inspiration for That Which Follows TGWSS? Are you going to pitch the idea to your editor when she pulls up in that towncar? *grins*

Posted by David at August 15, 2006 7:38 AM

I hear that in some circles, having the Taco Bell dog do a blurb is FABULOUS.

*ducking*

Please get some sleep, Poodle. You are clearly in need.

Posted by Mir at August 15, 2006 8:25 AM

But good grief, what a useful superego.

Posted by rams at August 15, 2006 9:56 AM

Dayum, you are having a BAD month!

Soothing thoughts, soothing thoughts~~~~~

Posted by DebR at August 15, 2006 10:42 AM

I think you need a pie.

Posted by Amy-Go at August 15, 2006 11:51 AM

I think you need a NEW PAIR OF SHOES!!
That will make everything alllll better.....really! try it.

Posted by desi at August 15, 2006 7:58 PM

Maybe you just need a nice 'prompt' for your next dream.

How's this:

I loaned Between to a young friend to read & when she gave it back to me she said, "Ooo, that Henry. Mmmmm. I can just see Johnny Depp playing him in the movie."

But then, maybe you've already seen that one!

Posted by Lulu at August 15, 2006 8:22 PM

Ooh, I have a variation of that dream. But in mine, my agent is kinda smarmy, and it's more of a pimp-mobile, and the book has a black cover (like DEATH) and a big red "X" on it... and the smarmy-pimplike agent person just thrusts it at me and asks what the hell he's supposed to do with this crap. Like *I* am supposed to know? *HE* is the friggin agent already!! Then I get out of the pimp-mobile and everyone I know is standing around laughing at me, pointing their fingers, and I think it's because of the book I'm now holding, but really, it's because I am dressed like a circus clown, right down to the big red shoes.

Really, yours is much better. At least you got a blurb, even if it was from a dog.

And honestly Joss, you could write out your daily to-do list for a year, staple them together, slap a cover on them (even with a train in the picture), give it a title ("A Year of To-Do's"), and we'd still rush out and buy it and we'd still love it! You're just that great. No, that's not flattery. I've read your books, I read your blog, I've heard you speak, I've broken bread with you... you really are that great. Really. Now quit worrying about Tog-wiss, get some sleep, THEN wake up and go buy some new shoes. All will be well.

Posted by dee at August 16, 2006 3:00 AM

But having the Taco Bell Chihuahua blurb your novel surely is a coup!

Have you called your editor yet?

Posted by Edgy Mama at August 16, 2006 9:36 AM

You, Joshilyn, make me laugh like no other in this hemisphere.

Posted by Cathy at August 16, 2006 11:13 AM

I'm thinking the Taco Bell dog could be high praise. Let's think this through:
His first language is not English, so he probably misses most of the great turning of a phrase that you do. But he still liked it.
Being the Taco Bell dog is probably not a high point in this dog's career, I mean he really wants to direct or become Paris Hilton's dog -- so, he thought enough of YOUR novel to write a blurb that will hopefully get him more street cred -- to move up in the world.
Finally, a dog, Joss, a DOG likes your work. Don't we think this just shuts up all those who think you secretly (or not so secretly) hate all canines?
I'm running away and offering shoes to distract you now. :)

Posted by Patricia at August 16, 2006 12:38 PM

Wow. And I thought my dreams were scary/strange. ;)

Posted by Heather at August 16, 2006 5:00 PM

When you're feeling better, today's washingtonpost.com has a nice timeline for the evolution of "Snakes on a Plane".

I agree with Dee. I am desperate to read your next novel and considering asking the Chihuahua to loan me his reviewer's copy of Train Girl.

Posted by Elizabeth at August 17, 2006 12:49 PM

Hmmm.... Train Girl.... *ponder*

J/K. *CACKLE* Very nice with the talking dog blurb. The ultimate nightmare, to be blurbed by a talking DAMN DOG. An outrage! :)

Posted by Papy Snook at August 18, 2006 12:05 AM