Comments: Words and Pictures

AWWWWWWWWWWWW.

There just wasn't a better word.

Posted by tina at August 2, 2006 9:43 AM

you write wonderful snap shots....poor hookers.

Thank you for the wonderful inscriptions in my beautiful copies of Between, Georgia. I hope more people take advantage of your neat, nifty order buttons from Alabama Booksmith up over there to the left. I will take Between and bury myself into one of my deck chairs this weekend and devour it cover to cover. This will all happen just in time to take part in your class at Barnes and Noble university August 7th.

I've been called a cheerleader. :)

Posted by Cele at August 2, 2006 12:03 PM

Oh I remember last year (?) when you did the 100 things about your dad... I totally cried. Bawled actually.

Posted by Heather Cook at August 2, 2006 1:15 PM

LOVE the photos!!

Happy birthday Joss's Dad!

Posted by DebR at August 2, 2006 1:40 PM

Hee hee.

Posted by Heather at August 2, 2006 4:03 PM

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH MAISY'S HAIR????

I mean, it's still excrutiatingly adorable. But she looks, like, SIX instead of THREE which is what she SHOULD be (yes yes, I know she's 4, but go with me on this).

*sniffle*

Happy birthday, Big Sam Clone!

Posted by Mir at August 2, 2006 7:30 PM

HIIII, Joshilyn!!! Remember MEEEEE???? (pictures Joshilyn shuddering and trying in vain to erase the mental image)
Maisy can definitely stun me with her loveliness ANY TIME. It was such an unexpected pleasure to meet all your family (gratuitously long description of said family-meeting on my blog, hint, hint).
Maybe now that you are A.)Home and B.) Recovered From Your Debilitating Illness you could C.) post the before-I-discovered-the-1,2,3 Betty pictures of us from your Alabama Booksmith signing and D.) a picture of the Anti-Elf spray as well?
PLEEEASE!!! (gazes deeply into Joshilyn's eyes, trying to stun her with loveliness)

Posted by Elena at August 2, 2006 8:13 PM

Happy Birthday to you, Joss's Dad!!

And what loveliness you have there in the form of that adorable young lady. I hear you though. My two babies (ages 5 & 6) have learned the mantra by now...
Me: You are just so beautiful. Who made you so beautiful?
Them: Daddy.
Me: That's right. Daddy made you beautiful. And who made you so smart?
Them: YOU did. Daddies make you beautiful and Mommies make you smart, right? Because Mommies are veeerrrry smart. Like you. (They added that last part, "like you" all by themselves. Isn't that sweet? I totally think they want something when they say it. Or maybe, they're just showing how smart they are?? ;>) )

See, you just have to teach them that at a very young age. Like, in utero. Then they'll never forget it!

Posted by dee at August 2, 2006 11:21 PM

Happy Birthday Mr. Jackson!

Joss, your kidlets just get cuter by the second. Give 'em a squeeze for me!

And Karen...I'd move. Just sayin'.

Posted by Amy-Go at August 3, 2006 9:43 AM

OMG, the part about charming the cat was hilarious! And painfully true. I have two young daughters myself. We face an uphill battle, don't we.

Posted by jason evans at August 3, 2006 9:53 AM

HA! Was it was VERY cool to meet you at booksmith, Elena, and while the evil elf spray is especially good for causing the SMELL of evil elf to dissipate, most especially near the litterbox...I am cannot put that pic up on my blog.

YOU, my dear, look fabulous, but my brother caught me with my eyes rolling up into my head and I look, to be kind about it, crinimally insane. To be LESS kind (but more accurate) I look like a criminally insane drunk who is in the process of being possessed by demons. It's a 1-2-3-do-five-shots-and-then-eat-a-baby look.

I wish I was photogenic...Dude, those ARE some lovely shoes though.

Posted by joshilyn at August 3, 2006 10:54 AM

yes such a shame she had to execute him...seems like he lived a good life though creating the world an' all

Posted by Michele at August 4, 2006 2:58 AM

But Amy, the hookers are the best part! :-D

Tell Maisy Jane I wuv her.

Posted by Karen Abbott at August 4, 2006 3:16 PM

I am totally jonesing for Mary Mac's peach cobbler right now. And collards w/corn bread.

Posted by Bob at August 7, 2006 3:46 PM