Comments: 1 2 3 Betty!

Dear Joshilyn! I have just arrived home to Sweden from a 2-week vacation in Scotland where they, in addition to having lots of castles and stuff, have bookstores STUFFED WITH ENGLISH BOOKS! O! The wonder of it, and they had Between! In paperback! I bought it and snarfed it down faster than a bag of Doritos and it was SO SO GOOD. Please keep writing books. You rock. That is all. :)

Posted by lizardek at July 23, 2006 11:23 AM

Whoooooooooa. That cat sure has a good hiss. Maybe I'll try it next time I want fish...

Posted by Miss China Paws at July 23, 2006 11:24 AM

Oh, that is one mean, nasty, wicked, walk on the other side of the street cat.

You are lovely per normal

Posted by Cele at July 23, 2006 12:09 PM

I am SOOOOO glad I didn't have a mouthful of coffee when I scrolled down to see that cat!

Posted by Laura L at July 23, 2006 12:53 PM

You all look so pretty! Even Boo. I mean, um, *especially* Boo. Booootiful Boo. Because *I'm* certainly not going to be the one to say - or even think! - that Boo isn't pretty. I do not want my face eaten off some dark night.

Posted by DebR at July 23, 2006 1:39 PM

I am totally going to try the 123 Betty the next time I get my picture taken. I am right now thanking all that is good in this world that my own black cat has never, to my knowledge, made a face like that. I'd never sleep again.

Posted by Aimee at July 23, 2006 1:40 PM

That's my girl, Boo!
You know, I was thinking of having her audition for Venom in Spider-Man 3. She can stand in for Topher. Like, they don't even need CGI!

Posted by marisa at July 23, 2006 1:50 PM

1-2-3 Betty is inspired. Will try it. The cat shot is From the Dark Side. I think the kitty doesn't like whirling around fast.

Posted by Peggy Payne at July 23, 2006 1:59 PM

DeeCee has such sweet,kind, pretty words of praise for you!
Now I'm mad that I didn't go to the *%$(& Margaret Mitchell house! so what if I have a nervous breakdown when I THINK about driving thru Atlanta, I could have closed my eyes. everybody else does!
Now I'm going to go cry!

Posted by desi at July 23, 2006 4:03 PM

Whoa! She needs to get her Boo up on Weekend Cat Blogging. That's a truly frightening fellow.

You and Dee look like reps from a, well, boobalicious babes conference. ;+))) I'm one, too, so I can say that without being arrested or smacked with the PC stick. Can't I?

Posted by ZaZa at July 23, 2006 8:16 PM

Nice pics Joshilyn!! Boo too, Marisa!!(I love cats)

I like how they arranged the books for the session, sounds like a nice layout; to break the humdrum...very creative indeed!

Trying to get your books! I live in the rural north, NO bookstore, teeny library(Where's the complaint line?)

Posted by North at July 23, 2006 10:06 PM

Oh desi, she was so much more awesome in person than I could have possibly imagined, and the little bit I blogged doesn't even begin to cover it!

And zaza, your 'boobalicious babes' comment just made me snort coffee. Ouch, that hurt!

And frankly, that cat terrifies the crap out of me!

Posted by dee at July 23, 2006 10:07 PM

Me, you and Tiff can try Betty tomorrow night. :)

Posted by Heather at July 23, 2006 10:10 PM

Tulip, I have beeen Away. I am still Away, but now I have the pretty internets. I am chortling away over the last few entries while my in-laws are trying to watch Take Home Chef. Sister and Mother in-laws squeeeeeeed with delight when I gave them Between. A new friend told me she COULD NOT put gods down. Saw ET and did a jig of happinesss for you. Think you should write even more violent deaths for dogs because one tried to bite Owen's face off this week. LOVE THIS CAT! There, we're all caught up. TTFN! ;)

Posted by Amy-Go at July 23, 2006 10:37 PM

ROFL. LOVE the picts. Your talk at the Margaret Mitchell House was fabulous. I convinced a friend to come with at the last minute, and she immediately went out and bought the book. :-)

Posted by Shannan at July 24, 2006 7:11 AM

OMG, I totally spit milk on the keyboard when I scrolled down and saw that freaking cat... that's a scary freakin' cat!!

This is very weird, but I JUST, JUST, JUST went and bought two Sara Gruen books and put them on my To Be Read shelf...

Posted by Heather Cook at July 24, 2006 3:08 PM

Oh. My. 1, 2, 3, Satan brought tears to my eyes. Does every time I look again. Hysterical giggling at work is NOT my usual behavior here. People are being very careful around me now.

And just in case you need a boost, I lent a bagful of 'summer reading' to a co-worker's daughter (precocious 15YO) and she said that while she enjoyed all the J Crusie books, she LOVED gods in Alabama. I said, "Really, well, I happen to have that author's second book which just came out like 2 weeks ago." She tore it out of my hands and put down her half-finished Hunter S. Thompson to dive in to Between. (3 prepositions in a row, at the end of a sentence, too. Can I get excommunicated for that?)

Carry on, girl!

Posted by Lulu at July 24, 2006 8:21 PM

Lulu, That's so cool. I'm a HUGE Crusie fan (yeah, I'm a Cherry!) but I haven't let my oldest daughter (age 14) read any of her stuff yet. HOWEVER, she is currently reading gods, and totally loving it. She's also VERY disappointed that she didn't come to Charlotte with me, especially after she saw my pic on this blog. "But, I've got the very same pic on MY blog", I told her. "Well, yeah, but you're not a famous author, Mom. It's just not the same thing!" Sheesh. What's a mom gotta do to get some respect around here?

Posted by dee at July 24, 2006 10:50 PM

And seeing as how we're on the subject of wondermous (that is SO a word) bookstores, My very own inscribed (and of course therefore sanctified) copy of Between came yesterday from the lovely folks at Alabama Booksmith. And from YOU of course, dear Joss. Sweet!

Posted by David at July 25, 2006 7:48 AM

Great work!
[url=http://uwqghvuu.com/amat/tdya.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://wzhxmfwd.com/ssat/mghg.html]Cool site[/url]

Posted by Victor at July 27, 2006 5:38 PM

Nice site!
http://uwqghvuu.com/amat/tdya.html | http://dxketapr.com/xdom/mdwd.html

Posted by Frank at July 27, 2006 5:39 PM

Internet Casino - http://banner.vegasred.com/cgi-bin/redir.cgi?id=N&member=negev&profile=review

Posted by Internet Casino at July 28, 2006 12:04 AM

http://filmy-z-shemal.lolek.pl | filmy z shemal | [url]http://filmy-z-shemal.lolek.pl[/url]

Posted by levan at July 28, 2006 7:56 AM