Comments: 3 Questions: Kyra Davis (creepy coffee for afters)

My god... it's like Up With People meets The Night of the Living Dead. HORRIFYING. The books sound great, though!

Posted by Aimee at July 5, 2006 11:37 AM

I may never drink a cup of coffee again!

OK, that WON'T happen, but sheez, that commercial..was was THAT ad rep drinking?

Posted by kim at July 5, 2006 11:49 AM

What Aimee said, she's one hundred percent right on.

Excellent interview Joss.

Posted by Cele at July 5, 2006 11:52 AM

Hey, thanks for the intro to a great new author! As much as I love Southern fiction, I am a Cali girl and have been missing locally set fiction. You rock, Joshilyn!

And, I confess, I couldn't wait to start gods. I took it out of my hospital bag and started reading it. I looooove it! I guess the new Evanovich will take it's place in the bag. If I can wait, that is. This baby better come soon or I'll have nothing to read!

Posted by Jenn2 at July 5, 2006 12:06 PM

Couldn't even look at the coffee thing...drank too many cups last night to consider it. All safe and sound in Kansas but missing you already!
Don't forget Murrell's Inlet, Flo's Restaurant, fried dill pickles, call me after. And have a great time on your tour!!! :)

Posted by Amy-Go at July 5, 2006 12:14 PM

Great interview! And, yes, that was the Creepiest commerical ever. I'm going to think about it every time I take a sip of coffee now - only partially due to the never-ending earworm I seem to have gained by watching it. Thanks. *grin*

Have fun on your tour!

Posted by dragonfly at July 5, 2006 12:24 PM

I knew there was something weird about coffee. It already doesn't taste at all like it smells, and now we know it creates the Up With People Zombies from Planet Smileyface.

It's a good thing I drink tea.

Posted by Shanna Swendson at July 5, 2006 1:04 PM

WTF????? That scares the ever loving bejezuz out of me.

Posted by Angela at July 5, 2006 1:34 PM

DID I NOT TELL YOU I WAS ALREADY FEELING ANXIOUS???

*clinging to doorways, peering around nervously*

Green tea. Nothing but green tea. They don't have commercials.

Posted by Mir at July 5, 2006 1:41 PM

Is that supposed to make you *want* to drink coffee? I think it was paid for by the tea lobby... Beyond upsetting.

Posted by Laura at July 5, 2006 2:16 PM

1. The books sound good!

2. I wish someone would ask me rude questions about where I'm from so I could make up a country. I love that idea!

3. Is that ad a for-real-and-true commercial, not a parody?? Because Oh. My. DOG. That, um, oh my. I have no words. I DO, however have that damn song stuck in my head now. Aaaarrrggghhh! If I start to glow and chirp I swear to gawd I'm haunting you first, Joss, for posting that link.

4. Have a great tour! Sign my copy of Between soon!!!!!! :-)

Posted by DebR at July 5, 2006 4:29 PM

I want to find Mir a creepy Green Tea commercial... just because.

That commercial was a bit creepy...

And Kyra, I love to see good things come out of a divorce. I had always been a writer but I hadn't been a PAID writer until I got divorced and had to write to eat.

Posted by Heather Cook at July 5, 2006 5:56 PM

Based on the comments I didn't click the link at first -- being completely afraid of robet snakes on coffee -- but alas, peer pressure and all...

oh my!!! --- I think I'll have nightmares now. Hmmm, who shall I call at 2am when I'm a "Happy Morning" pile of goo? Hmm, let's think?

Posted by Patricia at July 5, 2006 7:02 PM

ohmygod...first I watched the commercial without sound...then I watched it with sound...

please, oh please please please tell me this was a reject?

I am now going to lose myself in an old Morris West novel, just to take that image out of my mind.

I like the fact that the dog growled at them, though. Wise dog.

Posted by Fran at July 5, 2006 9:55 PM

Good Grief, Joshilyn, where do you find these things?

Posted by desi at July 6, 2006 2:34 PM