Comments: Cool Like Me

So I was just wondering, is Tog-wiss a rough draft?

(running away now)

Posted by DebR at June 30, 2006 9:58 AM

You need to hook up a button on that sprakly, dimaond-y frame that cues the cool 80's BFF theme every hour on the hour. Then it will be TCFW. Really, it will.

Posted by dee at June 30, 2006 10:08 AM

Lordy! I feel breathless just *reading* that!

Posted by Aimee at June 30, 2006 10:56 AM

So how does it feel to be THAT person to other people?

Posted by Em at June 30, 2006 11:44 AM

Ha ha I have tickets to Indigo Girls for Monday night at a local vineyard, they played there last year too. Too fun.

I now know how you stay so thin...manic breathing

because I am out of breathe after that post.

Posted by Cele at June 30, 2006 12:01 PM

Okay, hypeventilating with you over the thought of parting with a poorly-dressed rough draft! Does this mean I can have some Jack for lunch?

YOU MET MICHAEL CONNELLY? OMG--now I'm really gonna puke because in addition to hyperventilating, I am insanely jealous.

E-spouse was having dinner at Watershed last week (working hard, no?) and saw Emily Saliers eating there. I was like: Did you talk to her? What was she eating? What was she wearing? How did her hair look?

He just stared at me as if I was a crazy person. Hmmmmmmm.

Posted by Edgy Mama at June 30, 2006 12:42 PM

It's so nice to see that authors who are doing quite well (such as yourself) get all freaked out inside, too. :) Gives us beginners hope to see that you, too, are a real person. Not that anyone who has read your blog long would have any doubt, but...

I've wanted to see the Indigo Girls for years, but never have. I just own a pitiful two albums that I get out and play over and over every now and then. My favorite musician (David Wilcox) used to open for them (or vice versa, I can't remember) and he is a real, down to earth kind of guy, too. You're likely to find him wandering around in the crowd or outside in front before any given concert. That's the perfect amount of fame and fortune, I think, when you can do that and still make a living.

Posted by julie at June 30, 2006 12:55 PM

What Em said.

Does this mean that if I see you at a booksigning and impulsively throw my arms around you (because I'm delusional after reading your blog that I know you) and gush about how much I love your books that you will manage to smile understandingly instead of run away screaming? Then again, I will likely be too awestruck to do or say anything if I happen to meet you.

Posted by Elizabeth at June 30, 2006 1:15 PM

Caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalm down.
Calmed down? Good. Get knitting that robe to go over his tightie-whities. And just comfort yourself that he will NOT get arrested for public disorder.

I can do metaphors too! Hehehehe.

Posted by IrishGal at June 30, 2006 1:36 PM

I think you are very brave to let Tog-wiss go out. And bravery is a very cool thing to be. Go, you!

But you know what I'm sitting here laughing out loud (really) about? That you felt the same way about talking to Michael Connelly as I felt about talking to you on the phone. Exactly. And Michael Connelly, Lee Child and Dennis Lehane are 3 of my must reads, too. I can't wait until you meet Dennis Lehane and I can live vicariously through your blog some more.

Leslie, in Hiawatha

Posted by Leslie Noon at June 30, 2006 2:09 PM

What Elizabeth said. Because I'm afraid I'll go all fangirly if I'm ever lucky enough to meet you, and that would be embarrassing for everyone.

Congrats on your complete TOG-WISS.

Posted by TrudyJ at June 30, 2006 2:23 PM

WOWEEEE!!! I just found out that you are going to be in Nashville!!! I'll be there!!! Can't wait to meet you!! I would celebrate the event with dark chocolate M&M's if I could find them! :)

Posted by Cheryl at June 30, 2006 3:30 PM

Oh CONGRATULATIONS on TOG-WISS! Now I'm all excited because I know that by next year I'll be holding the new Joshilyn Jackson novel in my own two hands that Jennifer will have dropped off for me and I will be smiling like a madwoman.

I too have met Michael Connelly and he is incredibly kind and charming. He's not as flashy cool as Lee Child or Robert Crais, but he's got this neat inner strength. Hmm, but then, I've met lots of authors, that's part of my job that I love, except one certain SOUTHERN author who stays off to herself down thataway. Well, and I haven't met Dennis Lehane either. And I love his Patrick and Angie series lots, but honestly, I'll be more twitterpated when I get to meet YOU, Peach!

And I am all agog awed that you got to meet Emily, and you got touched by Amy, and I've seen them in concert of course I have, what kind of self-respecting lesbian would I be if I hadn't? But YOU! You are SO cool! Wow! And I'd be horribly stricken with jealousy except that it was YOU who got to do those things!

Posted by Fran at June 30, 2006 10:57 PM

So, not pinching now? *runs like mad*

Posted by David at July 1, 2006 11:13 AM

Wait... are you going to put that picture OVER the one of you in me in Vermont where I drew a heart and wrote BFF? Hmph.

If you make her your new BFF, I am totally going to have sex next weekend and it will be ALL YOUR FAULT.

(Did I say that out loud?)

Posted by Mir at July 1, 2006 6:41 PM

I met Michael Connolly at my first ever writers con, just about ten years ago. He was so nice. He's very shy, which he has really overcome, so, I think he's more tolerant of us babblers than many another might be. And, damn, can that man write!

Oh, and I'm posting about this post and linking to it. Hope that's okay.

Posted by ZaZa at July 2, 2006 4:53 PM

Hey! I just finished reading "Gods in Alabama" about 5 minutes ago. You GO girl! What an ending!

Posted by mom on a wire at July 2, 2006 8:16 PM

I LOVE this blog. I clicked over to read the essay on LFP and haven't laughed that hard in years. For what it's worth, the place with the skull is The Vortex and they have excellent salad. Ate there last week. :-)

Posted by Shannan at July 3, 2006 11:57 AM