Comments: Upsy Downsy (UPDATED!!!)

While I hope the presence of Samuel L. doesn't raise the production values enough to spoil things for you, I have to say that if I found myself on a plane with a bunch of smuggled assassin snakes (robot or organic), I would be looking around hoping to see Samuel L., not to mention a stewardess with an axe.

The cat thing disturbed me. I like cats.

Posted by DebR at June 20, 2006 9:00 AM

First of all, if you had seen the size of our last house, you would know that even humans can TRY to hold their pregnancies as long as possible. My poor son lived in the computer room for a time. It was his choice though, I offered him an extended stay in my body but he wanted to be born! Ingrate.

Second, Snakes On A Plane could have been made with no men around but I suspect it would have had quite a different plot. Perhaps instead of real, slithery-type snakes, it would be about a group of women who trick all of their undesirable ex-boyfriends onto a plane where they discuss What Went Wrong and after much soul searching and self discovery, the men disembark snakes no more but enlightened (maybe just a little gay) metrosexuals with a skin care regime. Don't tell me you wouldn't watch that!

Posted by Em at June 20, 2006 9:02 AM

ugggh, the idea of Snakes on a Plane makes me shudder *shivers* but I'm glad you're happy about it! x

Posted by diane at June 20, 2006 9:17 AM

Just one question Joshilyn........
Did you go back to the dentist, when I told you not to?

Posted by desi at June 20, 2006 9:56 AM

Em, I thought that the female-driven version of Snakes on a Plane would be with feather boas, snake skin shoes, boots, and purses, and snake-skin print clothing -- tasteful, of course. Plot? It has to have a plot?

Posted by hollygee at June 20, 2006 9:57 AM

O Joss, there is a wonderful Snakes on a Plane blog, by this guy who, like you, became similarly obsessive about the schlocky lovliness of the concept, and has been gunning for an invite to the premiere.

I'm off to find the blog and then I'll put the link in your comments.

What I think is creepy is that Mama Gerbil was able to get pregnant 15 MINUTES after delivering her first litter! Ouch!

Posted by Edgy Mama at June 20, 2006 10:00 AM

It's http://ww.snakesonablog.com.

Check it out!

Posted by Edgy Mama at June 20, 2006 10:02 AM

OH! I would not worry too much about Samuel L. Jackson bringing production values. He has been in some truly CAMPISHLY BAD movies, including the dreadful "Deep Blue Sea" in which I rooted wholeheartedly for the sharks. I have high, high hopes that this film will be as entertaining as "Anaconda," which is even more entertaining if you watch it in Spanish, since the dialogue matters NOT A WHIT.

Posted by Aimee at June 20, 2006 10:42 AM

Anaconda is, in fact, one of the more entertaining movies ever made. Especially if watched in Spanish, as my sister just mentioned. Unless you speak Spanish, I suppose...

The highlights? Perhaps when the snake swallows someone (pre-fame Owen Wilson!) and you get to see the outline of his FACE! through the snake's BELLY! Or it could be when the snake swallows Jon Voight and there is the snake throat cam that follows his descent into snakebellyworld. Ab-so-lute-ly fabulous.

The only downside? J-Lo is not consumed by aforementioned snake.

Posted by Laura at June 20, 2006 11:31 AM

ERRRRR your snakes on a blog update goes to Jackie Coopers webpage, not www.snakesonablog.com you may want to update your update, but at least sweetness Jackie is getting extra hits! LOL

Peace and caramel,
Tina

Posted by tina at June 20, 2006 11:31 AM

All fixed now. :) You're so speedy wonderchild.

Posted by tina at June 20, 2006 11:48 AM

Ooooo. I am SO seeing this movie!!!!! I just love a film with surprise bra snakes. They are my favorite!

And the thing with the gerbils, it kind of ookes me out. Could be that I'm 9 freakin' months pregnant. I dunno.

Posted by Jenn2 at June 20, 2006 12:04 PM

It had to be snakes didn't it. Well another movie I will...
1) not rush out to see
2) not rush out to buy
3) go to bed when Ducky watches it on some Sci-fi
marathon evening when it is paired with
a) Anaconda
b) Anaconda II
c) Attack of the Snakehead fish
d) Ben

Give me a Komodo marathon....again....please NOT

Posted by Cele at June 20, 2006 12:14 PM

Mock not the cheesy horror film. It was this very genre that birthed James Cameron in his directorial debut, Piranah 2: The Spawning! In the words of the director this was, "The greatest film about flying Piranha ever made". You gotta respect that.

Personally, I can't wait to see Snakes On a Plane, even if they refused to put the snakes on the now defunct Hooters airline.

Posted by Mr. Husband at June 20, 2006 1:04 PM

My extreme love for SNAKES ON A PLANE has forced me to break out of lukerdom to say that it's one of only two summer movies I can't wait to see ( the other was HUGH JACKMAN IN A TIGHT LEATHER COSTUME, and I already saw that.) In fact, my whole family is at a fever pitch of anticipation. I'm going to take my 12-year-old son (who has never seen an R-rated movie, in part because he parrots any Bad Words he hears) and when Samuel L. Jackson says, "Get these VERY BAD WORD snakes off this VERY BAD WORD plane," I'm going to hum loudly in my son's ear.

Who am I'm rooting to get eaten? The guy who always sits in front of me and reclines his seat to its utmost just as I've gotten my laptop precariously set up on my teeny-tiny tray. Boo-yah!

Posted by Julia at June 20, 2006 2:36 PM

Tulip, you're....weird. In a good way, of course, but...snakes? On a plane?? Is a good thing??? Oooooookay. If you say so.

Posted by Amy-Go at June 20, 2006 5:03 PM

Me, I will be passing on Snakes on a Plane. Reading your post about it is surely as good as it could ever get.

But the keys down the gutter thing? That has been a long-time worry of mine when I pass a gutter or emerge from the car having inadvertently parked next to a sewer opening. I tend to clutch more tightly at my keys, which always makes me wonder if that sense of fear is what will make me spasm and drop my keys down there anyway.

So I have TWO vicarious experiences fulfilled through your post today and need not live through them myself, thank you very much.

Posted by Diane at June 20, 2006 5:07 PM

Not only am I going to see this movie, I'm dragging my snake-ophobic husband along.

We've had our own home version - Snakes Under the Couch, thanks to our fast, little cat. Luckily no fifteen footers, though.

And if there's a python, I'm guessing some guy who was rude to a flight attendent will get slowly squished to death. Yay! Snakes on a Plane!

Posted by Laura at June 20, 2006 7:23 PM

I just have to say how wonderfully timed this entry was. My friend told me of this incredibly wonderful film only weeks ago when she called to inform me that the new phrase at her doctor's office for "shit hitting the fan" was "snakes on a plane." I immediately picked up on the phrase and use it in my teaching job and around my house though my husband jumps each time I say snakes....especially since we're taking a PLANE ride this Friday. I can only imagine how much fun I am going to have...:)

Posted by Joy at June 20, 2006 9:55 PM

you think dropping them down a storm drain is bad? i dropped mine down the elevator shaft in a creepy parking deck in downtown atlanta. of course i was alone. cold and dark friday late night after work. no plane 'o snakes there, but no team of basketball coaches, either. just me and the winos.

Posted by dramamomma at June 20, 2006 11:07 PM

I don't thing you're giving sufficient credit to Solution #! (sitting by the storm drain and crying.) Scarlett would be the first to tell you that Solution #4 is at least half fueled by helpless-woman-tears. You did your part. Now God bless the appropriate use of testosterone.

Posted by rams at June 21, 2006 7:44 AM

As someone who is EIGHT months pregnant, why in dog's name would any animal HOLD THE PREGNANCY??? I'm already ready to scream GET IT OUT!!

Posted by Heather Cook at June 21, 2006 11:50 AM