Comments: A Picture Smattering

I swear my hair looked exactly the same 11 years later!
Those gerbils are too cute...good job I'm too far away! ;)

Posted by diane at June 4, 2006 2:44 PM

About the RATS...I never thought I'd say this, but thank God I live in Kansas. About the High School pic...SO CUTE! And fetus-y! Now you get to go back all thin and world-famous, with a great husband and adorable kiddos to boot! You're living the dream: come to reunion, make everyone jealous. Go, girl! ;)

Posted by Amy-Go at June 4, 2006 5:53 PM

ROTFLMAF! It's my 20th hs reunion this year too, and I have similarly embarrassing photos . . . kudos to you for having the metaphorical gonads to post it on the 'net!

Posted by therejectedwriter at June 4, 2006 6:33 PM

Mullets ... you say that like it's a BAD thing.

Posted by TrudyJ at June 4, 2006 9:19 PM

I LOVE the shoes! The gerbils are very cute too.

Posted by tori at June 4, 2006 9:26 PM

Oh, and it cut off my comment about how cute you are too!

Posted by tori at June 4, 2006 9:56 PM

Good luck with being the stork of rodents, perhaps that could be a topic at your reunion? Joshilyn: "I'm married, a couple kids, I've got this writing gig, and oh! I deliver baby gerbils to those lucky families who are waiting for the Rodent Stork." Classmates: "Um, really?" I think I'd lead with the Booksense news, that is so fantastic. My bookseller called me today and told me that my preordered copy of Between, Goergia was in and ready for pick up. I was skeptical, but willing to believe in a snaffu that gets my hands on an early copy and rabbitted on down to the store. Only to find that the conformation that I had a book on hold had come in- not the actual book. I was sad and pouty but once I determined that they really weren't hiding my copy in the back I withdrew gracefully. Or I b*tched and moaned and carried on, mentioning the book title loudly and often. Whichever sounds more like something I would do.

Posted by Nic at June 5, 2006 5:22 AM

What cute little babies, as long as they don't eat each other that is. And look at you the picture of coordination. Even the toenails. Very nice. AND I remember trying to strike those looks in my older pics too. Trying to be, oh-so-sexy and having no idea what it really is. Thanks for sharing.

Posted by Peek at June 5, 2006 8:32 AM

Good on you! Perhaps you could take each of those book sellers a gerbil in thanks?
Oh, and I would be concerned about those little ones- they look like they are making *bedroom* eyes.

Posted by Chris at June 5, 2006 9:12 AM

Nice rats!
I wonder if the girl in the picture ever thought gerbils would be so important. She kinda looks like she would never even touch a gerbil!
luvvvv the shoes.

Posted by desi at June 5, 2006 9:59 AM

Dude, that girl in the picture had a pet rat with a RUBBER BRAIN CAP with WIRES sticking out of the top of his head --- he had been a science experiment in a lab where they had cut the top of his head off. Everyone called him Frankenrat, but I called him Simon. I used to let him ride around on my shoulder hanging onto my long hair.

*grin*

Posted by Joshilyn at June 5, 2006 10:07 AM

Tulip, that last comment was TOO MUCH INFORMATION!! *shudder*

Posted by Amy-Go at June 5, 2006 10:53 AM

You MUST go to your 20th reunion. I will miss mine next year because we'll be a thousand miles away.

Between is good so far :)

Posted by pattie at June 5, 2006 11:13 AM

It's my 20th reunion year, too (gee, class of 86 must have been truly brilliant). Fortunately, our reunion isn't until the fall. I cheated a bit and sent my professionally retouched author photo to the reunion web site as my "now" photo, and as a result, I'm the only person in the class who actually looks younger now than in the senior portrait posted alongside it.

I was very old for my age as a teen, but I guess I've got a few months now to look into dermabrasion and maybe Botox before the reunion so I can be recognized from my "now" photo. Or else I'll have to invent a book tour that will keep me away from the reuinion.

Posted by Shanna Swendson at June 5, 2006 12:15 PM

I remember those shoes! Those were celebration shoes, although I forget what you were celebrating exactly, but I distinctly remember those as being reward-for-a-good-thing shoes. I remember the important things. :-)

They're still very pretty!

Posted by DebR at June 5, 2006 1:33 PM

*not commenting on your magnificent rack lest I invoke your ire*

Posted by Mir at June 5, 2006 2:29 PM

aiaaaaaaaaai (that's a scream)
I can't believe you had a semi-scull-less RAT! oh oh oh, I may not get over this!
I'll just mumble to myself, "she has pretty shoes, she has pretty shoes".

Posted by desi at June 5, 2006 2:41 PM

Excuse me as I wipe my drool off your shoes.

Posted by Heather at June 5, 2006 4:01 PM

Oh so nice that Oregon is sooo far away from the rodent stroke. Now from a former hairdresser, I have to say the Mullett was SOOOOO easy to cut, but my favorite from about the era (era too funny) was the Spider cut. Wow, people east of the Mississippi where white to graduation? I think I was the only girl in my graduating class that didn't wear cut offs, and I graduated more than a decade earlier.

I would fall off shoes like that. Girl Scout's honor, but I love heels, the higher the better.

Posted by Cele at June 5, 2006 4:31 PM

Why don't you go for Still Most Popular, and take some gerbils with you to the reunion? I'll bet those folks are just dying for some new pet rodents. Score, and score.

Posted by laura at June 5, 2006 4:34 PM

Oh, bleagh, it is my 20th anniversary of high school graduation, too, and thank goodness you weren't in my class, or I might celebrate by cutting off my head! However, we are having no reunion, because my classmates are LAME!

(or are they having one and not telling me?)

Posted by dynagirl at June 5, 2006 6:23 PM

Ummm. I can't believe I'm saying this but; Hey! Convince me my six year old and his three year old sister can handle a baby gerbil pet without "loving" its little brains right out of its ears and I may be convinced to drive across town to you a pick up a critter. That is if Hubby doesn't squirt his brains out in complete disagreement. I really should discuss this with Himself before getting my gerbil saving hat on too tightly.

Just sayin'.

Posted by Mar at June 8, 2006 7:03 PM

debt management credit counseling corp
wood rack