Comments: A Conversation with Kevin Guilfoile (sort of)

Someone so, SO needs to write a fabulous adventure novel featuring a kick-ass Navy SEAL named Fetus. And if at all possible, somewhere in the story the book should contain the word obfuscatious, because that's fun to say.

Posted by DebR at June 2, 2006 8:26 AM

Fetus! GREAT nickname! Much better than say, Bung, which is what we STILL call a good friend of mine from college even though he's now an ER doc and spends his days in trauma rooms saving lives and such. I mean, "paging Dr. Bung!" Can you imagine? I'll bet he'd trade for Fetus in a heartbeat.
And who WOULDN'T want to read a book written by a unicorn? I'm putting it on my list!

Posted by Amy-GO at June 2, 2006 9:04 AM

Fetus sounds very cool! I have done Olympic distance triathlons, and would love to try for a half ironman, but fetus is just plain amazing! Fetus rocks!

Posted by tori at June 2, 2006 9:53 AM

Damn, Kevin, I need a copy of your book tomorrow to take to the beach with me. Sounds just like my thang.

I'm so dull. I've never had friends with unusual nicknames.

Posted by Edgy Mama at June 2, 2006 10:26 AM

I've bought several books on your recommend, but I have to say...I'm totally confused because the message (besides zany) was totally obfuscated. What is the book about? So does he wear the unicorn personna to get virgins? men.

Posted by Cele at June 2, 2006 12:02 PM

I cannot say obfuscatious, I can only read it...

Posted by Heather Cook at June 2, 2006 12:13 PM

This is what it's like to watch Clear and Present Danger with Fetus: "We can do that...We can do that...We can TOTALLY do that...Can't do that...We'd never do that...Oh hell, I'VE done THAT. Twice..."

Posted by Kevin Guilfoile at June 2, 2006 5:26 PM

Ok, maybe it's because my husband's name is also Kevin, but I'm in total like with Mr. Guilfoile.

That. Was. Hilarious.

Posted by Contrary at June 2, 2006 10:23 PM

Oh, yes! Cast of Shadows is great! I reviewed it at Bellaonline's SF/Fantasy Books and I really liked it. And the only nicknames I have are shiny penguin and guttersnipe. Not as funny as fetus.

Posted by Laura L at June 5, 2006 11:14 AM

I feel like Neo in the Matrix, being reborn. Yes, I am the one. Thanks Kev. Great book by the way, read it last year when it came out. You're going to have to sign my copy some day...

Posted by Foetus at June 9, 2006 4:56 AM