Comments: A Winner is ME

Not a big head, a TRIANGLE head:) Either way, you deserve it all!

Posted by Chris at June 1, 2006 9:19 AM

Did you also get an award for best shoes??

Also, what day WAS yesterday? What day is today?

Posted by DebR at June 1, 2006 9:35 AM

We, William and I, saw Johnny Depp yesterday. He was on the same plane as us, Heathrow to JFK. Well, okay, it wasn't actually Johnny Depp. It just looked like him. Okay, so not Johhny so much. It looked like his character, Jack Sparrow. VERY MUCH LIKE JACK SPARROW. William pointed out that he was a) shorter and b) skinnier and c) younger and he couldn't really be Johhny or Jack. We were, I should point out, having this conversation in the middle of a big line of people trying to get through customs. All these people were listening to us. I countered that it didn't really matter, that despite not really being Johnny or Jack (because alas, Jack is not a character and not a real person), he was still cute and I would definitely "do him". To this comment at least a dozen people standing nearby nodded and 'uh-huh'ed in the affirmative, including several men.

Posted by Laume at June 1, 2006 10:05 AM

Oh, mi gosh. this would happen to me. I am Queen Procrastinor in my neck of the woods. I am so good at it that I am suffering turn around, learning that if I want it done (or if you want it done) it must be done now....OR.NEVER! My boss says I am the most efficient procrastinor he's ever seen...shhh, it's because he doesn't open my file draw.

So imagine my brother's surprise come next Tuesday when he gets his UPS'd box with his timely birthday present (which he may or may not like, but I was on a mission to make deadline.) My sister is now crowing that she is Queen PROCRASTINATOR of our neck of the woods, because she's still not shipped his Christmas presents. Dagnabit!

And I know you won't forget us when you become famous...well, unless you pile us amid your literary snowdrift and the big mean cat comes along on a mission.

Posted by Cele at June 1, 2006 12:07 PM

Obviously that damned cat is an Auburn Tiger. Kill it at once.

Posted by Angela at June 1, 2006 12:37 PM

Sweetheart, you are already famous.

Smooches!

Posted by Mir at June 1, 2006 1:37 PM

Too bad about the Opal Mehta book. Try smearing a bit of tuna across the cover.

Posted by Edgy Mama at June 1, 2006 4:09 PM

Yeah.. you are already famous! Even if you are on the OTHER list... which I do miss quite a bit. LOL

Posted by Heather Cook at June 1, 2006 4:22 PM

Chris and Mir both beat me to it. Congrats on the Big Head! ;)

Posted by Amy-GO at June 1, 2006 5:59 PM

Oh Joshilyn- you're many times a winner! Today Booksense announced the July list.
The July 2006 Book Sense Picks

1. BETWEEN, GEORGIA: A Novel, by Joshilyn Jackson (Warner, $22.99, 0446524425) "Following on the heels of Gods in Alabama, Joshilyn Jackson's new novel will be welcomed by readers and fans. A small (population 90) town with two feuding families is drawn together by the infant Nonny -- born of the Crabtrees, raised by the Freets." --Mary Gay Shipley, That Bookstore In Blytheville, Blytheville, AR

number one.

And you have a strong contendter for the SIBA award for gods in AL (that's the regional Southern Independant Bookstore's Association- all the bookstore in that region!)

my only gripe is - it wasn't Fran's quote!

Posted by Tammy at June 1, 2006 10:57 PM

I'd love to find a good online writers group to be part of. If anyone has a link, suggestion, or referral please pass it my way. BTW...I do nonfiction, so if it matters...

I know some groups only consider fiction writers to be real writers, and I'd rather find one that would include me openly.

thanks in advance,