Comments: For All the Dogs I've Loved Before

I killed three dogs but they made me take that out.

Oh well.

Miss Snark is a deity. A pearl beyond price.... YOU, however, are like fistfuls of rubies. Beyond price.

Posted by Cornelia Read at April 26, 2006 9:51 PM

Miss Snark is quite good. But I luuuuurve your blog the best. I don't think that Miss Snark uses words like "verily" and "yea unto the seventh generation" and "three most popular types of crack" and she does not type in CAPITALS the way you do.

Posted by Heather Cook at April 26, 2006 11:41 PM

You are so right about Miss Snark's blog. I'm addicted to it. Is there no remedy? I really should be writing! I'm new around here, but I've enjoyed your blog also.

Posted by Miss Audrey at April 27, 2006 12:01 AM

Aw, now ya done it. Writerly stuff? I gotta go check out that site, fer sure. If I get forever lost over there, it's all your fault. Well, okay, maybe I'll blame it on the pink socks. *wink*
I shall go hither and seek CRACK -- er, enlightenment, oh, Exalted Queen of Delightful Digressionous Verbiage.

Posted by David at April 27, 2006 12:46 AM

I have tried. I have. Tried with all I am (and that is a considerable amount these days) to get into Snarks' blog, maybe it is my frame of mind? Maybe it's because I will never be a published novelist. I don't get it.

I get you. I don't mean that as a put down. Because clearly EVERYONE gets Miss Snark...well everyone except me. Watch David will get it....and he gets you too....See?

And I know you love dogs. Not as much as pretty shoes or flirtinis, adorable children with cherub singing voices, and newts (okay skip the newts) but you do love dogs. Cute cuddlely puppies and old faithful pooches. Snarkville just doesn't know it.

Posted by Cele at April 27, 2006 1:53 AM

Cornelia on the other hand *tsk tsk tsk* has the ASPCA hot on her tail. A canine census is being done in her town. Words out. :)

But sheeeee's so pretty

Posted by Cele at April 27, 2006 1:56 AM

Cele is waaaaaaaay prettier.

And they were FICTIONAL dogs. Killed by a very very very bad person, FICTIONALLY, to prove what a terrible person he or she was. Also, you know, there was a little Greek allegory goin' on, with a Cerberus kind of thing.

But STILL... as it stands now, there were no fictional dogs harmed in the final draft......... My editor kicked my butt.

Posted by Cornelia Read at April 27, 2006 11:26 AM

Lost tale of pink socks,
I release you. Be free now.
Nose poodle awaits.

Posted by Aimee at April 27, 2006 12:29 PM

Since Aimee started it:

Once Joss had some socks that were pink.
She wore them 'til they did quite stink.
She promised a story
of love, lust, and glory,
but we'll let that all go with a drink.

Posted by DebR at April 27, 2006 2:29 PM

Pink socks? What are these PINK SOCKS you speak of?
*bats eyelashes in a fetching, if empty-headed manner*

Posted by Kira at April 27, 2006 3:24 PM

Re: Deb's limerick

Hee!

Posted by Aimee at April 27, 2006 5:29 PM

I can give you all the material needed for the most spoiled dog ever. Hands down a typical day in the life of Memphis the Basenji is a true tale of debauchery.

And yes she has many nicknames -- my fav is Princess Poops A Lot.

Posted by debra at April 28, 2006 3:23 PM