Comments: Three Questions with Natalie R. Collins

Well, I know that we at SMB still have signed firsts of "gods" for those collectors out there. It's done very well for us, and we thank you! The orders for "Between" are coming along nicely, so limber up that signing hand, Peach.

I don't know if we have Natalie's book, but I promise I will check tomorrow, and if we don't, then we will! I can't wait to read it; it sounds fabulous! That promo trailer is really creepy and compelling, although I was sold on the book after the interview.

Fran
(studiously staying out of the POD discussion)

Posted by Fran at April 24, 2006 9:10 PM

How soon can we put ourselves in line for signed copies of Between? (I mean I know it comes out in July, but I figure we can pre-order sometime before then, yes? Details, PrettyPlease with a Flaming Pineapple Cocktail on top?)

I love Natalie's movie trailer-esque book ad! Of the three you've asked us to look at, it's my favorite. I like reading the ad copy instead of having a narrator read it to me and I thought the music was creepily perfect - very intriguing. There was enough there to spark my interest, but it didn't go on so long that I got bored or impatient or distracted by something shiny.

Posted by DebR at April 25, 2006 12:02 AM

Wives and Sisters is one of the very best books I have ever read. I mean that with all sincerity. It is compelling, gripping, and alive. Allison Jensen stays with you long, long after you close the back cover. She is one of those heroines that you love like Arlene.

I promise, Girl Scouts' Honor, you will love Wives and Sisters. But then I am really bias on this one.

Posted by Cele at April 25, 2006 1:52 AM

Yea for the paperback! Thanks for clarifying, Joss.

Posted by Edgy Mama at April 25, 2006 9:13 AM

Ooooh...creepy trailer. I like it! I already wanted to read the book after reading the interview, but that made me want to read it even more. Very effective.

Posted by Aimee at April 25, 2006 10:40 AM

Just finished Wives & Sisters and I liked it! But I just have one question-- What the heck is FRY SAUCE?

Posted by Laura L at April 25, 2006 10:46 AM

I, too, have had Wives & Sisters on my list for a long while. I will be purchasing it, for sure. :)

Posted by el-e-e at April 25, 2006 12:40 PM

Joshilyn...
You and I are both nominated for the Georgia Author of the Year awards in different categories. I didn't know if you knew that. Here is the link:

Will you be at the award dinner?
Hope to see you there, I'll buy you a drink :)

Tina

Posted by Tina at April 26, 2006 9:31 AM

I got a sneak peek at Natalie's NEXT book, BEHIND CLOSED DOORS, which is truly stellar.

In other news, as of this morning I have succumbed to the blogging virus with four other mystery writers, if anyone's looking to procrastinate:

please wish me broken legs and stuff!

Posted by Cornelia Read at April 26, 2006 2:27 PM

Hi Fran,

I hope you do have some copies of W&S on hand, and if you don't, I'd be happy to to arrange to get you some signed copies...

Cornelia, VERY cool blogness! I shall be a regular, and thanks for the wonderful words about W&S.

El, so glad you are going to buy the book! Hope you like it!
Deb, thanks for the kind words on the trailer! I was so impressed with it. My web guy did an awesome job!

Cele, you are just the bestest.

Laura, fry sauce is unique to Utah, a mixture of ketchup, mayonnaise, and "secret spices." I'm sticking a bottle in the gift basket of the winner of the W&S sighting contest, only running for a few more days, so you can go enter if you want a chance to win and taste!!

Posted by Natalie R. Collins at April 27, 2006 9:13 PM