Comments: Blogging for Books Finalists (Alternate Title: Sucks to be Deb)

OMG!!!!!!
Um...Thank-you?
I guess i really does pay to take chances. I have been reading B4B forever, but never had the courage to submit anything...until now.
I didn't envy DebR's task, as i read all of the entries....best of luck to all of the other finalists.

Posted by kim at March 23, 2006 10:06 PM

Cheers to Deb who waded through forty plus submissions.

To the forty plus bloggers who came out insupport of B4B and not letting it die a quiet lonely death.

And Huu-yahs! to Joss for hosting B4B each month and doing the footwork that it takes to keep B4B alive.

You all Rock.... which is better word than sucks ask Mir.

Posted by Cele at March 23, 2006 10:31 PM

O, I am so glad I was guest blogger in December when no one had time to write B4B entries, so I only had to narrow it down from like 14 entries.

Nice work, DebR.

Posted by Edgy Mama at March 24, 2006 10:49 AM

Wow -- seven great finalists! Nice work, Deb R (and finalists!). I wouldn't want to have to pick just one.

Posted by Aimee at March 24, 2006 11:46 AM

It doesn't suck as much to be DebR as it'll suck to be SarahS and have to narrow down those 7 to the final winners! ;-)

Y'all did a great job. Not just the finalists, but everyone who took the chance and entered. I'm so proud of you!

Posted by DebR at March 24, 2006 12:30 PM

Thanks Deb!!

And what a rally from all the bloggers out there - almost 40!

I think DebR needs some time to rest her eyes now, with a Flaming Pineapple cocktail - while some hottie gives her a massage.

Joss - I like the idea of 1st place retiring to the links and having a chance to be guest blogger. It's a neat way to pay it forward.

Posted by dragonfly at March 24, 2006 12:35 PM

Thanks for the finalist position, DebR. What an honor!

Posted by Africableu at March 24, 2006 12:35 PM

I tried to post this on the other B4B post, but I think entries have closed there..... Sarah

Wow, some great entries here. I can't wait to read more. Joshilyn just sent me the seven finalist, from which I will choose 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place (right Joshilyn?), but I can't help getting wrapped up in all these great blogs!

As to the Major's remarks, which I did not take offense to, so no worries about sour grapes: For the record, I had thrown up the idea that we use "people we are attracted to even though we shouldn't be" as the blogging topic, since a large part of my book deals with me having a schoolgirl crush/dependency on my cute OBGYN, and, unfortunately, that's something I do know alot about.

Posted by sarah smiley at March 24, 2006 5:12 PM

DebR, thanks for the inclusion in the final seven. When K told me about B4B, I thought it was a great idea and it was honor enough to have something worth consideration. This, though, is an unexpected and much appreciated honor -- I am humbled to see mine amongst the other entries.

Posted by TW&WGH at March 25, 2006 5:19 AM

Wow! Thank you DebR for including me in the final 7.

I'm truly honored, and incredibly appreciative.

Special thanks to Mir for showing me the way to Blogging for Books. You rock!

Thanks Joshilyn for taking the time to do this. I'm glad I got to be a part of it.

It's nice to see my military experiences were not for naught. :)

Posted by Shash at March 29, 2006 12:30 AM