Comments: I Am Not Preefreadign This Entry. <---see

You SO need to ask the bartender at the Chinese place if he'll give you the FPC recipe.

Posted by DebR at March 8, 2006 9:36 AM

I think I just had some type of aneurysm from laughing. Is that possible? I don't drink, but I think I just might be tempted by a flaming pineapple cocktail. Thanks for the good laugh.

Posted by Mel at March 8, 2006 10:45 AM

Excessive birthdays and lingering illnesses are VERY understandable reasons for your brain to take spontaneous naps!

And yes indeed, the cure is caffiene and alcohol! Yea!!!! (I'm not a doctor but I play one on the internet.) And the only thing better than a Flaming Pineapple Cocktail would be a FREE Flaming Pineapple Cocktail--Maybe next time.

Posted by Renee at March 8, 2006 10:55 AM

OMG. The bloody river of murderers and the centaurs with birthday bows tied around their necks and the Whack-A-Mole about killed me. I'm crying here, in my strong coffee, wanting a Flaming Pineapple Cocktail at 11:00 a.m. OMG.

My son used to be terrified of CEC, which I encouraged mightily. Unfortunately, he seems to have grown out of it. But the first time I took him there, for someone's birthday party, he took one look at the giant animatronic mouse and said, "Mommy, that mouse wants to EAT us." He was probably right. O, and have you noticed how that mouse resembles a certain leader of our country?

Posted by Edgy Mama at March 8, 2006 11:34 AM

Though I occasionally complain about living in this "small" college town it is a very, very good place to live for one very good reason: the nearest CEC is a 50 minute drive! Though living in Fairbanks, AK before this was even better...the nearest CEC was a 6.5 HOUR drive!!
The kiddos still asked but they knew they had about as much chance as finding gold under their pillow.

Posted by LoryKC at March 8, 2006 11:44 AM

I am now officially 43 today, and I would like to drill a hole in my skull and pour in coffee AND FPC, and then play skeeball. Maybe with Eric Clapton, since this is already ridiculous.

I AM SO GLAD YOU GUYS ALL SURVIVED FEBRUARY!!!! Welcome to the shores of Maisy and my's month.

Posted by Cornelia Read at March 8, 2006 11:48 AM

Thank you for not forgetting to tell us about the Flaming Pineapple Cocktail eventhough I felt almost guilty about reading it after your prologue of illness and brain death.... (Was it really on fire?)

That said, only you could compose a CLASSIC essay comparing Dante's Inferno and Chuck E. Cheese-- pHd dissertation material. You are truly at your best when things around you are awful. Hope March is happier.

Posted by Elizabeth at March 8, 2006 12:30 PM

Happy Birthday!

Oh that I had NOT held the coffee cup to my lips whilst reading though. {Cleaning spew and spittle from monitor}

Your stories are always a delight to read. Thanks for sharing. (If only it were possible to share that cocktail LOL)

Posted by Marti at March 8, 2006 1:20 PM

Happy Birthday to you, indeed! I think I need a flaming pineapple cocktail to get through work today.

Posted by Jessie at March 8, 2006 1:21 PM

Elizabeth seems to have stumbled onto something with the Dante reference. Flaming Pinapple Cocktail needs a better name. "Dante's Pineapple Inferno"? "Pineapple Pyro"? "Flaming Fruit - An Alcoholic Tribute to Little Richard"? Maybe simply "Chicago, 1871".

It's all in the marketing... or so the TV tells me.

Posted by Mr. Husband at March 8, 2006 1:27 PM

Cocktail sounds yummy. YAH for birthdays.

Just finished reading gods in Alabama last night! LOVED it....when is your new one out?

Happy March!

Posted by Carrie K at March 8, 2006 1:46 PM

Beware those one initial people er uh, mice. There is something a little creepy about them all: Dwight D. Eisenhower, F. Scott Fitzgerald, H. Norman Schwarzkopf, CHUCK E. CHEESE. Don't you wonder what the E stands for?

Yes, get the recipe for the Pineapple Miracle and share with all. Tomorrow I hit the big 3-5 and it might be the only way I make it through the day.

Happy birthday to you, yours and Cornelia!

Posted by Andreia at March 8, 2006 2:41 PM

Happy Birthday! And thank goodness for Flaming Pineapple Cocktails. Is there any other way to get through a Chuck E. Cheese experience? We've been blessed with an alternative to CEC here - it has "adult" sections (pool, darts, BAR) in addition to the kiddie ones. Yippee!

Posted by dragonfly at March 8, 2006 5:53 PM

Just so you know, don't goggle Flaming Pineapple Cocktail. I never knew there were so many interesting cocktails that were flaming....it kinda scares me.

Happy birthday to you and Mr. Husband, and Maise, and Sam, and everyone else and hope you are all plague free. Keep the plagues in WOW for the horde.

Posted by Gabi at March 9, 2006 11:54 AM

Your February sounds like mine, but we add a day or two between the dates.

I am blessed, there is no CEC in my area the nearest one is gosh, a hundred miles away in Salem I think. Thank heavens. I won't even go to pizza parlours because parents let their children run rampant. After wearing a headset all day long the noise is deafening - the migraine unbearable.

So you've got the Joan Giradi luck of the fist. I wish I had that luck, I end up with the unlucky chores.

Glad you are all better and survived the bug of nasty copious phlegme 2006.

Posted by Cele at March 9, 2006 12:25 PM

Happy birthday, you two! I am so glad you guys are better.

My birthday is on the 30th! I decided I want a yearly physical for my birthday. Best not to have expectations that are TOO lofty.... :o/

Posted by Martha O'COnnor at March 9, 2006 1:58 PM