Comments: The B4 Winners, and Then a Too-Earnest Talk About ART, and THEN... A Flaming Pineapple Cocktail

Honored to be in such fine company!

And you are totally welcome to join LUPEC. I'll expect to see you in Denver on the third Sunday in March. :)

Posted by Allison at February 28, 2006 10:12 AM

Congrats to all the B4B winners, especially Laume! Yay for all of you!

Looks like I am, yet again, the Susan Lucci of B4B - often nominated, never taking home the prize. Maybe I can truly follow in SL's footsteps and set some sort of record. :-)

The Van Den Neste site was interesting! If I was going to throw money at him, I would have to go for either "L'Oracle" or "Nocturne".

Posted by DebR at February 28, 2006 10:45 AM

I will just chime in as an impartial third party (meaning, I did not spend money on boobed-ships or blue-haired woman) to say that the picture of the woman painting really does not do justice to the painting itself. It's much more lush in person. And this is coming from someone who did NOT like the picture. But now! I defend the blue-hat lady! She's purty!

Posted by Mir at February 28, 2006 10:45 AM

Space Cat Rocks. I think I'll start a band and call it that!

Posted by Amy-GO at February 28, 2006 3:02 PM

Art is SUBJECTIVE -- so we can all like whatever our little hearts desire (art-wise, anyway!). And -- it's always better in person. So, when is the public gallery tour of the new office?

Posted by Kelly at February 28, 2006 3:41 PM

Oooo, I LOVE LUPEC!!! Women after my own heart!!!!!

And all your paintings are most excellent. I just have this one of my grandfather in the living room that everyone thinks is Eisenhower. Always think he's about to tell me to sit up straight, too.

Posted by Cornelia Read at February 28, 2006 6:16 PM

With your art tastes, I'm surprised you don't write Magical Realism. I've found these two artists that are similar to your chosen love- www.stevenkenny.com (2000 and 2001 being more up my alley, I especially like The Ruff http://www.stevenkenny.com/rufflarg.htm) and http://www.theworldofmichaelparkes.com/ (I've wanted to do a room with nothing but his swan pieces).

Posted by Sabra at March 1, 2006 10:09 AM

Congrats to Laume and Allison. Great posts! I'm honored to be listed up there with you both.

Joss - BHC is cool - although I think the cat appears to be waiting for his chance to eat the bird. BHC has her hand near cat's tail.. to snatch him up fast when he tries? [grin]

Posted by dragonfly at March 1, 2006 11:21 PM