Comments: In Which I Am Repulsive...

Okay. So, sit for 7 hrs., eat some shrimps and then go to bed? Honey child, you are in Heaven. *sighs enviously*

Fess up, Mr. Husband. You just live for those sock puppet moments, dontcha?

Posted by David at February 24, 2006 8:07 AM

Are you really, REALLY sure we can't read about Nonny until July? It seems cruel after reading what Mrs. Rivers Siddons has to say. (The real one AND the sock puppet.)

Posted by DebR at February 24, 2006 8:26 AM

I told you months ago at the Mercer signing that she would give that very review and you were so sceptical that she'd even give you a review much less THAT review. I told you, chile, you be brilliant beyond you're own knowledge. :)
HUGGYS

Tina

Posted by Tina at February 24, 2006 8:40 AM

OH. MY. GOD. Need I remind you of a conversation we had a while back?

Me: What about Anne Rivers Siddons? She'd be a great one to blurb you.
You: But but but *whine* *pule* *self-deprecate*
Me: Shut up. She'd be perfect and she'll love it.
You: *mental illness* *self-flagellation* STOP TALKING I CAN NOT THINK ABOUT THIS.
Me: God, it's a good thing you're pretty.

I'm pretty sure that's exactly how it went. Allow me to follow a great big WHOOOOP! with "I told you so."

You and your sock puppet are free to call me up at any time, you know, because I know you need to act it out a few more times and I'd hate for Scott to have you committed. ;)

Posted by Mir at February 24, 2006 8:54 AM

OMG! Anne Rivers Siddons! That is sooooo cool.

Heartbreak Hotel is a great book. As is Peachtree Road.

And, you know that people who have three names that start with Anne are particularly intelligent and erudite.

Congrats, Joshilyn!

Posted by Edgy Mama at February 24, 2006 9:56 AM

Well, hell! I'd be preening with a sock puppet if Anne Rivers Siddons said that about something I'd written. That is SOSOSO cool!

And yes. I was wondering.

Posted by Aimee at February 24, 2006 10:25 AM

A shout-out traveling a long ways away from Des Moines, or Atlanta for that matter -- I'd never received a signed first edition of a book before Gods in Alabama. It was an anniversary gift from my husband who knew what an avid fan of your blog I'd become. So let me just take a minute to to say... I am SO uncomfortable being this endebted to anyone. I made the mistake of celebrating its surprise arrival WAY too enthusiastically! And I know it goes without saying, but it was giddily fantastic on top of everything. Please don't tell him how much I anticipate novel #2. Thanks. ;)

Oh, and CONGRATS on the blurb of all blurbs!

Posted by Cathy at February 24, 2006 1:01 PM

i told you that you're on my list of top favorite authors, right next to Anne Rivers Siddons! And there you are at the top of her list now. That's so great!!! Did I ever tell you that I went on a garden tour and one of the houses was her former home in Buckhead where she wrote P'tree Road? I SAW the room where it was written!

Posted by liz at February 24, 2006 1:03 PM

That is certainly a dream come true - congratulation! I've been a huge ARS fan for a long time and one of the reasons I liked "gods" so much is that it reminded me of one of her books. I'm really looking forward to the next one. For the record, my favorite ARS book is "Downtown." I cry through the last 45 pages every time I read it.

Posted by Andrea at February 24, 2006 2:09 PM

See, now you know how I felt having you read and critiqued a bit of my manuscript. I was unbearable to live with for weeks afterwards!
I even wrote a blog entry about it: http://blog.darkgraysheep.com/archives/2006/01/week_1_of_fofus.html

Congratulations on the excellent blurb! Can't wait for the new book to come out!

Posted by Leslie at February 24, 2006 3:02 PM

I hate making an error and not being able to correct it. That above should say, "See, now you know how I felt having you read and critique..." Present tense. Not critiqued. Gah!

Anyway, I just came back to say that I've pre-ordered Between, Georgia.

Posted by Leslie at February 24, 2006 3:12 PM

I'm with Leslie... Making errors is bad enough. But not being able to correct them is a form of low-grade torture. I meant to say "gods" up there, as opposed to "Gods." Sorry, Joshilyn!

Posted by Cathy at February 24, 2006 4:03 PM

YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

(breathe)

YAY YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[insert confetti/serendipity-ribbony stuff animation]

YOU RULE!!!!!!!!! NONNY RULES!!!!!!!!!!! MRS. RIVERS SIDDONS IS A GENIUS WITH MAGNIFICENT TASTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHO RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Cornelia Read at February 24, 2006 5:58 PM

p.s. NOT that I'm surprised by the glory and blistering splendor of this blurb.

Posted by Cornelia Read at February 24, 2006 6:58 PM

Way kewl, all the way around. Except for the spit take I did reading Andrea's post, because ARS translates into Atlanta Rhythm Section - er to me. Terrible confession here. I've never read Anne Rivers Siddons, I now know I will need to rectify that situtation soon.

For those who think seven hours in a booth then eating shrimp and going to bed is a kewl way to live....YOU ARE SO RIGHT, but it has a dark evil twin flip side....the zip code size butt.

So when are you going to put up a link for personalized copies of Between? And remind me to never - and I mean NEVER EVER loan my sister a Jossilyn Jackson book again...because I like to horde and pet and reread them over and over again like wonderful lovers. And my sister is like that girl friend in high school that stoled all your best boy friends.

Posted by Cele at February 25, 2006 11:22 AM

That is so awesome! (Err, referencing the first part of this entry!)

Posted by AGK at February 25, 2006 12:48 PM

I have done a lot of reading out loud. Granted, it was only to an audience of one (or two or five), and they were usually related to me so I could fart with abandon, but I do understand how one can come to love doing it. Reading out loud I mean, not farting. I include as one of my greatest accomplishments reading The Hobbit and the entire Lord of the Rings trilogy back to back to back... outloud and IN character to William. AND apparently, judging by Peter Jackson's later interpretations, did it all correctly! That's... hold on a sec...that's over 1500 pages!!!! Oh, and Terry Pratchett's Wee Free Men. There are characters in there that talk like a very drunk Colm Meaney!

But, alas, my son is in that awkward teen stage where having mom read to you is a bit... awkward. So I've had to give up my reading outloud career for a time.

Sigh.

Posted by Laume at February 25, 2006 6:51 PM

You're amazing! I can imagine how you would totally get into that whole novelist thing, with fans and headline news! I am a professional reader of Dr. Seuss..you know..uh, to my kids! and I love the applause! ha ha. I'm such a ham.
anyways...please come by and help me to raise sponsorship for BlogHer's convention in San Jose! We're attempting to get the Ellen Degeneres show to sponsor!

Posted by Suzanne at February 25, 2006 7:08 PM

Girl, were it me with the published novels and the awesome blurbs, I would so join you with my own sock puppet! ;)

Posted by Heather at February 26, 2006 6:36 PM