Comments: Proof (80 proof, actually) and the B4B Finalists

Oh Peach, I'd come over and drink the tea with you, but the commute is just a teensy bit too far for me to make this weekend, even though it is a long one. But just think - your throat will stay so healthy in a decided effort to avoid having to put up with any more of that tea!

Posted by Fran at February 18, 2006 9:23 PM

Cool that you have proof of Staretto. Although I still don't understand why it didn't show up on any searches, since it obviously exists. Google, you let us down!

And thank you, Betsy, for choosing my B4B post as one of this month's finalists. :::beam:::

(Psssttt...Joss, the title of mine is listed wrong though. It should be "The Blonde Tanya Club".)

Posted by DebR at February 18, 2006 11:04 PM

OK... you weren't hallucinating. I bow down before you, reeking with contrition. Although -- ummm, could I request that Google drink the essence of rat butt tea instead of me? After all, Google LIED to me and told me this booze was a figment of your fermented imagination. And I believed it... b/c I know what fermented imagination can do. (and by the way - Google is still lying. Count yourself special. You drank the only bottle of Straretto in existence!

Posted by dragonfly at February 18, 2006 11:49 PM

I'm delighted to be a finalist!

And Joss, you can totally be Elephant's Daydream. I love Amarula - I had it for the first time when I was in Africa three years ago and mmmmmmmmm. It's awesome in milkshakes too.

Posted by Allison at February 19, 2006 11:01 AM

Okay, I'll cough up the dollar I bet you, as long as you promise not to spend it tipping at the Clermont. Hardy har!

I could use some Straretto in my coffee right now...

Posted by Karen Abbott at February 19, 2006 12:11 PM

I never had a moment of doubt.

Posted by Cornelia Read at February 19, 2006 12:13 PM

Congrats to the finalists! Woo-hoo!

Posted by Edgy Mama at February 19, 2006 8:28 PM

Ohhh. *That* Straretto. Yeah, I knew about that one. I thought you were talking about a different Straretto. I feel so silly. La la la.

Congrats to the finalists!

Posted by Contrary at February 20, 2006 4:33 PM

Let me tell you this - I would have *rather* picked eight from a list of eighty-zillion than to have to pick five from eight! Oh, the agony it provoked - especially when I had to pick from eight gems, no less...

(...and of course, I now have Schoolhouse Rock's 'Figure Eight' running through my head as a not-too-unpleasant earworm. Except for that whole 'thin ice' bit...)

Posted by Betsy at February 20, 2006 6:55 PM