Comments: On the Brink: Life's Too Short to Drink Bad 'Shine

Jackson, you just bet your sweet bippy I'm gonna remember! *grinnin' like a possum eatin'...*

Posted by David at February 13, 2006 8:16 AM

I am frankly a bit too horrified to contemplate what you may have done with your lip gloss. The possibilities are too scary.

Posted by Mir at February 13, 2006 8:26 AM

You big tease! I want the lip-gloss story! And I haven't forgotten those dern pink socks, either.

Posted by Amy-GO at February 13, 2006 9:37 AM

Tease!

Posted by Aimee at February 13, 2006 10:38 AM

Grub-Mart! That's pretty bad.
When I lived in a small town in Tennessee, we had a Hairy Foods (I still maintain it was a misspelling - the owner's first language was not English) and a Sanitary Food Liner. If you have to tell us the food is "sanitary" I cannot believe you. I think the food at a Grub-Mart might have less salmonella.

Posted by Laura at February 13, 2006 11:04 AM

You should run a contest of your readers, "What is the most embarassing, dumb ass thing you did in your formative years?" You will glean great stories for future tomes and have enough blackmail fodder from your readers to say - "don't give me shit, you were the one that..., pass the pom-tinis."

Pomtinis how can that not be good for you? All those lovely antioxidants surrounded in a loving sea of alcohol to denature the nastiest of bugs. A virtual health elixir.

Posted by Cele at February 13, 2006 11:14 AM

Wait...you just bought a book written by the same Frank Turner Hollon who told you that you were a freak in fifth grade? Now that's a story.

And, yes, POM is an antioxidant gift from the goddesses. Good for estrogen levels as well. Worth every penny--particularly if mixed with Absolut.

Posted by Edgy Mama at February 13, 2006 12:52 PM

Hey, Joss! My butlers used to serve Pomtinis in my brothel in Chicago back in 1905, along with a fabulous liqueur called "Strawretto." Ever hear of it? Damn, but I wish that stuff would make a 21st century comeback.

Posted by Minna Everleigh at February 13, 2006 1:03 PM

*..DROOL!..*
*.................*
*************
*************
*************
*************

Whooooaaaa, flashback to "free time" in eighth-grade typing class... speaking of A la Recherches de Lip Gloss Perdu.

Posted by Cornelia Read at February 13, 2006 2:29 PM

I see POM in the store but can't bring myself to fork out the dough for it.

Posted by Heather at February 13, 2006 3:36 PM

Everyone should have at least one set of those sheets. Pure heaven and SO worth it (but they're addictive, making self-control a necessary evil).

Can't wait to see the lip gloss story in your next book. :)

Posted by dragonfly at February 13, 2006 6:16 PM

Ok, how's about this: I take up a collection to get you some of them there sheets and then you tell me all private-like what in God's name you did to that lipgloss? It'll just be our little secret.

Posted by Contrary at February 13, 2006 7:21 PM

I catch everything. Please stop breathing, sweating and shedding while I am here (snicker)

Best wishes for a swift recovery - always a delight to read you, even when you're ill.

Happy Valentine’s Day!
Marti at her new blog,

Posted by Marti at February 14, 2006 8:51 AM

Thought you all might find this reference to POM amusing:

Maybe we should just go ahead right now and change the name of our institution to Pomegranate State University. Sounds kind of nice -- POM State. Yeah, I like it.

Posted by Joe at February 16, 2006 11:19 AM