Comments: A Short List of Things I am Missing

I suppose you weren't going to Augusta to appreciate Skwulls or catch up on some sleep... Yup, helping people find stuff and/or remember has never been my strong suit. So here's hoping one of your other faithful readers is clever enough to dig up a clue, or the Augustinians-that-be are kind enough to send a reminder note. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

Posted by Cathy at January 22, 2006 9:37 PM

My husband's grandfather had a squirrel that spent most of last summer and fall insisting on eating away at the front steps to his house (wooden steps, just to clarify). He tried everything to get it to stop, but nothing would work. Then my kids read something about "Squirrel Appreciation Day" in one of their magazines and made a point of telling Grandpa about it. His feelings about how to appreciate his squirrel were pretty much word for word those of your dad's. ;)

Posted by Lisa at January 22, 2006 9:47 PM

The Augusta thing just distresses me. Which I'm sure is nothing compared to how YOU feel. But it wasn't just a day trip, so it sure seems like SOMEONE other than you would've had it on their schedule and contacted you by now. Any chance there was some big booksellers thing there that got cancelled? Or do you have a friend in Augusta that you might be supposed to visit? I'm going to go FRET about this for you now. So you don't have to. See what a good friend I am? ;)

Posted by Amy-GO at January 23, 2006 8:33 AM

hey i missed 4 hours sleep last night too...it's going around!

I LOOOOVE the word Skwull by the way :)

Can't help with Augusta though...how weird...

xx

Posted by diane s at January 23, 2006 10:23 AM

I took care of Skwull appreciation for you, Joss.

E-spouse leaves today for five days, so I'll be joining you in missing my Mental Health. Ironically, he'll be in Atlanta.

Posted by Edgy Mama at January 23, 2006 10:40 AM

Maisy's skwull reminds me of a book I read to Benjamin where they go on a great adventure to save Christopher Robin who is at Skull according to owl who apparently didn't learn phonetics... but then if he had, we'd not have such entertainment.

I just can't imagine you losing an email or letter that asked you to some wonderful Augusta event. Have you totally given up googling yourself?

I like squirrels, it's the rats at the bottom of the bird feeder I hate.

Posted by Cele at January 23, 2006 11:59 AM

I LOOOOVE the word Skwull, too!

Posted by Dorothy at January 23, 2006 12:31 PM

I did try and help you remember, I really did. I googled it, see:

but it refuses to tell me where you are going to be, other than maybe Augusta.

I'd like to be in Augusta, it sounds nice.

Posted by Heather Cook at January 23, 2006 1:10 PM

I Googled "Augusta literary Joshilyn" just to see if maybe they screwed up and called you Johson or something. No dice. Augusta DOES look nice, however. And I like the workshop you did on "pickup lines." Not sure why THAT showed up.

Maybe we should just all come to Augusta with you and have a big parade with banners saying "DO YOU KNOW WHERE THIS WOMAN IS SUPPOSED TO BE?"

It could be like Where's Waldo, only not exactly.

Posted by Cornelia Read at January 23, 2006 2:00 PM

I found a review of "gods in Alabama" at the following:

It's by a woman named Mary Beachum. Maybe she knows why you are going to Augusta?

Posted by Jan in Norman, OK at January 24, 2006 11:07 AM

I was checking my stats the other day, and someone was trying to google your mystery Augusta appt, and I was one of the hits LOL.

But I have no clue :::hanging head::::::