Comments: A Weentzy Bit of Shameless Self Promotion

I dig it! Very pretty. I'll tell you, that blurb would make me buy the book even if I weren't already a fan.

Posted by Aimee at January 14, 2006 12:07 PM

Ooooh! Ahhhhhh! Damnit, why is it not July already???

Posted by Mir at January 14, 2006 12:22 PM

Very interesting how such small changes in the cover give it a very different feel (IMO) than the US cover. Do you like one better than the other, Joss? Or is that one of those questions one doesn't ask or answer in public? :-)

I like the look of the US cover better (something about that antique-y looking color scheme appeals to me), but I like the way the UK one has added that little teaser line about the plot instead of just saying "a novel" at the bottom.

Will you have autographed copies selling through Alambama Booksmith again? And if so, do you have any idea when that will be?

And would you like to tell me the meaning of life? And....Ok, I'll shut up now.

Posted by DebR at January 14, 2006 1:35 PM

I second wanting to know the meaning of life whenever you have a minute. And oh, how gorgeous this cover is, AND the US one, and what a magnificent and moving blurb, too.

I AM SO EXCITED TO READ THIS!!!! SO SO SO SO SO!!!!!!!!!

Wow. Breathless. Shakes my nerves and it rattles my brain. What brain I have left.

Brava!

Posted by Cornelia Read at January 14, 2006 4:56 PM

Can I dig it? Absolutely.

Butterfly being my mother's pet name for me.

July? That's beach read.

Which in my book doesn't mean light and fluffy (Not that there's anything wrong with that...I do love my lemon meringue) but more along the lines of...

I'm on vacation at HHI with a cast of 18 characters, otherwise known as my family and I need something that not only transpost, but transcends.

I shall survive!

Posted by Lisa at January 14, 2006 6:34 PM

I love the cover. Hearing about characters that live with you long after the book cover is closed draws me like a moth to flame. I love books that live long in you memory, characters you consider for a long long while. Therefore this blurb (If I wasn't already sold on all things Joshilyn Jackson) would sell me.

Posted by Cele at January 14, 2006 7:23 PM

Do we still get to win an ARC? Did I miss that?

Posted by Heather at January 14, 2006 8:51 PM

Of course you realize this means I'm going to have to buy BOTH editions for my private collection.

Posted by David at January 15, 2006 3:51 PM

Thats a fabtastic cover. I can't wait to get my pre-order. Although I think I'm going to order one of the signed copies too, just to keep with tradition;)

Blurbs are great, eh? Nothing like them... you somewhat feel like Sally Field thinking "They like me, they really like me".
Great stuff, Joss

Tina

Posted by Tina at January 15, 2006 5:08 PM

Cool cover. Brilliant blurb. You go, girl!

Posted by Edgy Mama at January 15, 2006 8:59 PM

If THAT doesn't up your spiritual well-being, I don't know what will! Congrats, Tulip! ;)

Posted by Amy-GO at January 16, 2006 8:31 PM