Comments: 7:42 am

Your MI# at posting was about 47. This however plummented to a cool 8 by the time you finished posting it due to the pleasant calm affect of new carpet and newly restored 21st century Stuffisms.

Posted by Tina at January 10, 2006 3:17 PM

Posted by DebR at January 10, 2006 3:18 PM

Waiting around 7+ hours for cable to be repaired? I'm guessing it got up to around 87 before you cought sight of the guy.

Posted by Holly at January 10, 2006 3:28 PM

42.5, which is a number of points higher than mine.

Off topic:

I JUST GOT MY ARCS!!!! I AM SO HAPPY!!!!!!

Your blurb is the most gorgeousest thing!!!!!!

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Cornelia Read at January 10, 2006 3:29 PM

58?

I sort of feel ashamed of myself when I read blog entries like this. I laughed until I cried reading "7:42" just like I did when you blogged about your horrific night at the hospital when Maisy was having febrile seizures and you asked for Ativan....

You are at your best when things are at their worst.

Posted by Elizabeth at January 10, 2006 3:58 PM

I'm going to guess your mental health number--after being up roughly ALL night and breaking down on the phone with a customer service AND spending 8 hours waiting AND missing your lunch and chair buying--at roughly 99.

That's what mine would be at, if not over 100.

Alicia

Posted by Alicia at January 10, 2006 3:59 PM

Damn, someone guessed the number I was going to guess already...so I'll say 62.

Posted by lizardek at January 10, 2006 4:05 PM

Oh my. MI # 44, which would have been higher probably but for the anesthethic effect of the new carpet fumes...

Posted by Diane at January 10, 2006 4:07 PM

I'm going with 84. A little high, I think, but it seems mathmatically correct. Whatever the number, I hope it is nose diving back to a respectable non-spooky spot number.

Posted by chris at January 10, 2006 4:21 PM

someone guessed my number too, so i guess i'll have to think of a new one. my guess is 93. i'm glad it's down now though!

Posted by liz at January 10, 2006 4:28 PM

Now I'm exhausted.

50 (good round even number).

At least the carpet looks good.

Are we talking office chairs? If you find one that you can sit on for hours straight without feeling like your femurs have been rammed into your hip sockets, let me know.

Posted by Edgy Mama at January 10, 2006 4:48 PM

Because although I can't even remember if it's better to be closer to 1 or closer to 100, 48 is the number Joseph used when he was about three years old to explain everything in the universe. It was "48 o'clock" and he was "48" years old and he weighed "48 lbs." and he had to wait "48 minutes" for a kiss and he had "48 fish sticks" on his lunch plate.

Posted by Laume at January 10, 2006 5:22 PM

I'm going to go with the cool triple of your starting point, figuring you'd reached double by lunchtime and triple when the cable went back on. So, 66.

BUT MAY I JUST SAY that the higher your MI#, the freaking funnier you are? I will forever now have the mental image of you in your wedding gown, waving mustardy ham sandwiches in the woods, now....

(P.S. I was going to call you today, but I'm sort of glad I didn't, now, as I would've worried if the phone was all keflurgety. Mayhaps I will call you later once the kidlets are sleeping.)

Posted by Mir at January 10, 2006 5:50 PM

73? And I must say how glad I am that we no longer have Comcast.

Posted by Laura at January 10, 2006 5:53 PM

My guess would be 68.

Posted by Drew at January 10, 2006 6:10 PM

51. I'm going for that "just above the midpoint" strategy - I know I'd be seething after that wait.

I am glad your repairman arrived eventually.

Posted by Corrie at January 10, 2006 6:35 PM

I don't know if it is laughing with you at your misfortune or the fact I am really bad at all things mathmatical. But I thought it was kind of a mensa type thingy and if you were 22 at 7:42 you'd be 22 at 7:42 when it posted. But I am going to be really brave and say at 7:43 your heart swelled with so much joy and blinding happiness that your mental illness number receded to 5. Did I mention that I am really bad at math but usually really good at mensa questions? But this is a mental number math thingy.

Posted by Cele at January 10, 2006 6:45 PM

69. If 100 is the roof, then I see 70 as the number that separates mental illness from MENTAL illness. Under your circumstances, I'm thinkin' you just barely missed it.

Posted by Cathy at January 10, 2006 6:59 PM

68.5

Starting at 22, times 7 (hours waited), divided by 4 (phone, tv, internet, alarm), plus 10 (Scott's out of town), plus 10 (missed lunch), plus 10 (no new chair today)

Glad you like the carpet, cause if you didn't... oh, that would really suck.

Posted by Deb at January 10, 2006 7:14 PM

77! And that's if he showed before 5pm. Sometime before 6, I'm guessing 82. Before 7, 88. Between 7 and 8? 94. Your neighbors are very lucky that BBH Gilbert was right about him showing before 8.

Posted by Laura at January 10, 2006 7:15 PM

I'm guessing 78.

Posted by Katrina Stonoff at January 10, 2006 7:41 PM

I hate to trael. Bad things happen when I trael. Being on the road is positily Comcastic.

Based on the previous three sentences, can you deduce what computer I'm working on?

Posted by Mr. Husband at January 10, 2006 7:59 PM

Sorry, Joshilyn, I won't guess your number. I have to say, though, since I am married to the contractor, I laughed until I cried! Also, this is the first I have heard of the flashlight...

Posted by Jane at January 10, 2006 8:00 PM

And i laughed till I cried....loved this post

Posted by Carrie K at January 10, 2006 8:43 PM

Mr. Husband is on the road with the No-Working-V laptop!

Posted by DebR at January 10, 2006 9:13 PM

I think you were at 77. Because that's lucky and that's where you would stop because to go any higher and you would not have been fit company for the repairman and you would have been unable to post because, even though you are pretty, you would be needing bond posted for having put a serious hurt on the repairman when he showed up, which wouldn't have been good, but thank you oh wonderful one for lowering my MI# due to the laughter, I will however be sending you my plastic surgery bill for the laugh lines and crows feet you deepen every day.

Posted by Gabi at January 10, 2006 9:14 PM

OMG, Scott, could you BE any more cute and lovely, er, loely? ;)

Posted by Mir at January 10, 2006 9:22 PM

73.... for no reason other than it's a number no one has said and it's HIGH which is where mine would have been....but not SO HIGH that I might suddenly be mistaken for a Yeti attempting to play Aimball with severed body parts.

Posted by wendy at January 10, 2006 9:42 PM

unless of course I go back just to make sure and see that I am, in fact, a doofusy moron, and Laura already guessed 73.... DUR!

So I will say instead:

79 -- and hope that I don't look even more like an imbicile because someone has guessed that as well.

[going back into lurking - it's SAFER there.]

Posted by wendy at January 10, 2006 9:45 PM

I'm guessing..... 33. Don't ask me why... it just came to me :P

Posted by Ailema at January 10, 2006 10:05 PM

I'm so horrible at these guessing things and I can't keep straight what everyone else guessed so... well,so.

My guess since it is daytime (I'm thinking overnight would have sent you rocketing toward eleventy billion) but it has been many hours and every time you looked at the clock your number probably rose (mine would have)... hmmm...

54. No idea why. Above is all a lot of crap.

Hope it's back down to a manageable number. Oh, and thanks for the laughs (even though it makes me feel guilty - and apparently a bit heavy with the parenthesis - or maybe that's just the late hour.)

Posted by heidi at January 10, 2006 11:33 PM

I'll guess 72.

Life is bad when husbands are gone. You have my sympathy. When I'm alone at night I turn on all the lights in the house, except the childrens' bedrooms. I even keep it on while I'm sleeping, lest killermans sneak up on me while I my guard is down.

Posted by Jensgalore at January 11, 2006 12:15 AM

Ok, I'm delurking for the first time to guess. I think you were at a nice round 72.

I just simply could not resist delurking after your incredible post, and it IS delurking week after all. I wonder if I can use the word delurking again somehow?

Great post, as always!

Posted by char at January 11, 2006 12:17 AM

Well, shoot. Jensgalore beat me to the 72. Make mine 72.5. :-) Not so round, but whatever!

Posted by char at January 11, 2006 12:18 AM

37.3
Because I think you're JUST THAT STABLE.

Posted by Kira at January 11, 2006 1:04 AM

Oh, I've got to participate this time! Can't resist after such a "gripping" post!

53 is my guess!

Charlene

Posted by Charlene at January 11, 2006 9:50 AM

Wow, so many numbers, and people are trying to not pick twice?!

I guess 57.

I can't believe you actually saw the repairman! Last time I needed one I missed him *three* times, because he never showed when they said he would show. grrr.

Posted by Bonnie at January 11, 2006 10:08 AM

Edgy Mama, the hiefer, got my "nice round 50". So, I will go 50.25.

And, I will not be able to read that post ever again because it EXHAUSTED me.

Posted by Angela at January 11, 2006 10:17 AM

First of all...bwahahahahahahahahaha! Oh...and *sproink*. And I'll guess 44.

Posted by Aimee at January 11, 2006 10:25 AM

53 is my guess.

Though I sincerely hope it was lower.

Posted by Autumn at January 11, 2006 11:46 AM

63 is what I shall guess. I have also had dealings with the Comcastic people and had just a Comcastic time that made my number go sky high. My heart goes out to you.

Posted by shawna at January 11, 2006 12:00 PM

Been there.

After the night you had, waiting for repairmen of any kind would be very, very, very vexing.

This waiting tends to make for much higher MI#s than in other vexing circumstances.

Bottom line, I'm goin' with 89 and banking on the hope that the neighbors are intact.

Posted by Allan Dix at January 11, 2006 12:56 PM

I think you'd be at 55 -

I love your blog and your books - Keep Writing!!

Posted by Pamela at January 11, 2006 1:47 PM

OMG, look what happens when I take a day off from reading FTK! Good Lord, Tulip, I would have committed mass murder under these circumstances. Those carpet guys would be sleeping with the fishes. SO...if you say you're only at 22, I say: Good on ya! I'm with Kira, I think you're pretty stable. I'll say 39. Now I'm going to read today's entry and find out how the saga ends. Hope it wasn't too late to guess! ;)

Posted by Amy-GO at January 11, 2006 5:17 PM

64. At least. I'd be at a cool 80.

Posted by Alicia at January 11, 2006 7:51 PM

yes.this is my site http://porevo.freemegavideo.com/keno/broadway_keno.html Thanks.

Posted by keno satisiken at January 17, 2006 12:58 AM