Comments: INTERNATIONAL PAJAMA DAY!

It used to be an overhead Pig Monorail type of thing where you actually got *inside* the pig to be wisked around the ceiling of the Rich's downtown store. Now, sadly, it is an imitation kid sized roller coaster that is pink. Not remotely the same thing and not worth the $3 cover.
And the lighting of the Great Tree has never been the same since the downtown store closed either.
The floor tv sounds like fun, though:)

Posted by Chris at December 13, 2005 9:24 AM

Yes, Chris. I remember the Pink Pig!

They have one of those floor TV thingees at the very small and unsophisticated Asheville Mall as well. My four-year-old adores it.

Who knew that Ann Taylor employees are all opium addicts?

Posted by Edgy Mama at December 13, 2005 10:18 AM

So they charged you for a sweater you didn't really buy? No problem. I'll just dispute the charge and cancel the Ann Taylor account. Easy peasy. No sense in having an open credit line with hookah smoking opium addicts.

(smile)

Posted by Mr. Husband at December 13, 2005 10:18 AM

French soap? Does that count as an oxymoron?

Posted by Em at December 13, 2005 10:50 AM

International pajama day, way kewl. I've been wearing my slippers to work for the last week so why not my jammies? I don't work with too many clients, I mean come on this is radio, and Nancy wears her jammies to work on Saturday mornings (No lie!) so why can't I?

I am blessed with a granson (who does have a baby doll) but no yearning for Bratz. Thank heavens those things are scary. And the exchanging of feet, isn't there a health law against that? You know like trading underwear or gum? No, wait I use to swap gum. scratch that....he was really cute and I would have kissed him in a heart beat....or less. a lot....I was young...a teen. Oh sheesh, I'd still kiss him today...but then his wife would be ticked, and kick my zip code size butt. hmmm, dreams...hmmm my hubby might mind too. Okay I'm off to work in my jammies...and a really large overcoat.

Posted by Cele at December 13, 2005 11:34 AM

I COVET that floor hockey thing. I think we have to go back.

And you look very hot in that cashmere sweater that you most certainly did not buy.

Posted by Karen Abbott at December 13, 2005 12:00 PM

Bratz are WRONG! Thank you Lord (again!) that I only have boys.
They have one of those floor tv thingies at our movie theater. The kids beg to go to the movies just to play on it! Lots of fun, and yes, you probably looked like a loon. Oh well.
I think you are ok with the Ann Taylor incident as long as you didn't buy the sweater FOR the parrot. Which might seem like a good idea if you got enough secondary smoke from that big hookah they were smoking.
Kevin claims the same sort of drug addicts work at Best Buy. He went there over the weekend and swore that they held him down and beat him until he offered up his credit card. And what do you know? This morning a TV appeared on our doorstep! Kevin is claiming no responsibility. I'm interviewing divorce lawyers. ;)

Posted by Amy-GO at December 13, 2005 12:09 PM

How can you say My Little Pony doesn't exhibit symptoms of untreated venereal disease?

Posted by laura at December 13, 2005 1:53 PM

Joshilyn:
Fellow Writing Mother (notTM) here, laughing as usual at your cavorts.

Not that you have TIME or anything (or that you even KNOW me), but I tagged you for a meme. See, if you'd bought the parrot, you could've set him up at the keyboard and he would take care of things like this for you.

Posted by ML at December 13, 2005 3:29 PM

I'm all for International Pajama Day! I've been caught out getting the newspaper in my pj's, have now taken to driving lil boy to school in my pj's, and today, forgetting that I was still in pj's, I stopped at Target on my way home for ... laundry detergent (with my other lil boy, still in his pj's too!)

All in honor of International Pajama Day!

Posted by Patti at December 13, 2005 10:55 PM

You forgot to tell me that you won at shopping! And by "won," I mean that you get to buy your Ann Taylor stuff NEW and don't have to use Dryel to rid it of thrift store smell. You win!

Posted by Mir at December 14, 2005 10:29 AM

Wow, Mr. Husband is ruthless at this Being Helpful stuff! :-)

Posted by DebR at December 14, 2005 2:04 PM

The sweater was a gift for me right? ROFL! If I accidentally spent $97 on anything we'd be out of groceries for a while.

Posted by Heather at December 14, 2005 10:00 PM

i rode the original pink pig as a child, so i hear, but i don't remember it. this $3 knock-off is totally great for the toddler crowd. my 18-month-old LOVED it, but no one over 4 who's ever been to disney world would care.

Posted by liz at December 15, 2005 2:29 PM