Comments: Rate the Crazy

You always make me laugh, even when you are raving.

As a critiquer - not yours of course, but I will survive - I truly desire only the whole book and I envy your reader. It is the only way to make sure a manuscript is right and whole, with all the little pieces laid out in a comprehensive order.

Joss you have an amazing way with words, you wield the English vocabulary as a wonderful sword. You are delishously devious, marvously unbalanced, wildly humorous, and completely shrewd and entertaining. I am glad that you worry about your baby, and fear its premature debut, because we as your reading audience and fans crave and cherish every word you put on paper.

Posted by Cele at November 29, 2005 11:57 AM

I actually have a simple solution to this problem.

You send what you have along to me, and after careful consideration, I mail you back a detailed description of why your work thus far is simply atrocious. You'll feel better. And I enjoy lying for sport.

Posted by Mir at November 29, 2005 12:35 PM

Hey, here's an idea--your hobby can be "eating Lithium," and mine can be "snorting fat rails of Lithium because eating Lithium doesn't work fast enough."

Two hours of sleep. Does it show?

Posted by Cornelia Read at November 29, 2005 12:48 PM

Oh, pretty Tulip. I'm sure those pages are simply atrocious and that you will discover this fact in due course. And then write yourself into a frenzy making them beyond fabulous. And then all will be well.

Feel better? NO? Hmmm. Back to the Lithium plan, then. ;)

P.S. What is Scott THINKING, leaving you alone while drafting?

Posted by Amy-GO at November 29, 2005 2:24 PM

LOL! Got any valium?

Posted by Heather at November 29, 2005 3:53 PM

Isn't it sad when you reread a passage and fret because it doesn't suck? While I have a problem thinking that you could write anything that sucks, I will run to Walgreens and pick up some of my...I mean, errrr...my friend's valium and FedEx it to you.

I'm going back to outlining the fab southern serial killer book. I have bites on it... and it will be a pleasant break from the civil war book. What madness is it to always work on two books simultaneously?

I may keep some of my... I mean, errr... my friend's valium after all. :)

Never Fear, dear Joshilyn, you know you're simply Mah-valous.

Posted by Tina at November 29, 2005 5:15 PM

I think you just stubbed your toe on a pot of gold. You've streamlined yourself, girl! You are the wave of your own future, all efficient and stainless steel. I think that is great! And I think you are thin and your hair is shiny and bouncy.

Think how fast the next book will write itself without all of that pesky editing and rewriting!

Posted by Em at November 29, 2005 8:59 PM

Wow. Now I'm exhausted.

But I'll volunteer for spanking duty.

Posted by Edgy Mama at November 29, 2005 9:35 PM

Now that I am done being sick for I hope a little bit, I would like to say that I think it is EXCELLENT that you are pleased with your stuff, and that maybe you are worried because of the old "good dress rehearsal, bad opening" superstition? Because I think that's just for theater, not for writing.

I'm with Em, that you are the wave of your own future, which is SO COOL!

Okay, have to go lie down now. Again. Hope I don't infect the offspring...

Hugs to you, o genius person lady

Posted by Cornelia Read at November 29, 2005 10:43 PM