Comments: 10 Ways The World Could Be Improved

we really need to start a parrot collection for you...

Posted by Bookseller to the Stars at November 27, 2005 8:57 AM

WaitWaitWAIT a minute there, missy...back up to Number 8. You mean everything CAN'T be organized into lists and then checked off?? Oh great. NOW she tells me. Ppppfffttt.

PS....Cow testicle made perfect sense to me. That's probably the opposite of reassuring, but I'm just sayin'...

PPS...You look so thin! (Are you sure you've been eating enough pie?)

Posted by DebR at November 27, 2005 9:21 AM

I don't have a present to send you BUT I wanted to tell you -"you're skinny"! and honestly your posts lead me to believe you are the kind of gal I would love to have to call up on the phone at any given moment when my mental illness number was high so we could compare mental illness numbers and get all hyperbolic (word?) and I KNOW I would just all round feel better!!
Thank you ! for your blog-it often makes me laugh out loud and not feel sooooooo alone with my mental illness :)
ps-when you are ready for a parrot-let me know I have connections with parrot rescue folks.

Posted by sp8cemunky at November 27, 2005 9:32 AM

Okay, y'all are leaving it to me to break the news that, yes, the tabloids are already using "Brangelina". I wish I didn't know that, but it's too late now.

ps - you are thin and gorgeous, a true petite flower

Posted by MelissaC at November 27, 2005 10:08 AM

11) If you would come visit ME. :)

P.S. You are truly thin and gorgeous, and you must know I love you because even though when you stand next to me I look like Jabba the Hutt I STILL want you to come visit me. *SMOOCH*

Posted by Amy-GO at November 27, 2005 10:58 AM

If all the world had your mental illness numbers think of what a better place it would be?

Why do tabloids insist in sending the women's movement back 50 years?

A) Liberation all about choice, which - yes - I suppose that Jennifers did select Ben, Angelina did select Brad (according to all rag healines,) (it's just sick and wrong that Katie picked Tom - ugh.)

B) We often choose to keep or ad a name. But, argh, it is soap operaese (my label not theirs) when the names are homogenies and vaccum packed together.

C) Is it ever the woman's name first? Like Jenben (a whole new GPS system) or Angbrad (a Mordor type relationship) or Kattom (physics - loosely speaking.) Why can't they just be themselves? (This folks is why I am still in radio.)

hmmmm I need more Mocha Roca.

Posted by Cele at November 27, 2005 12:36 PM

You're so way thin. And in such good shape. What a darling little skinny figure.

Posted by Jilly at November 27, 2005 1:47 PM

Reasons you must have read/can't yet have read MOUNTAINS BEYOND MOUNTAINS:

--Must have, because Paul Farmer is saving the world entirely by rewarding himself through checking off daily boxes he calls "bwats" in Haitian (Oh, anyone as thin as you can cope with that syntax. Suck it up.)

--Must not have, because you would know (pay attention, here, Cornelia) that Farmer manages to turn the word "comma" into cussing. (His friends all know that it's understood to be followed by a silent and emphatic "asshole!") So you would have been able to say " Ah, a literalist, COMMA!!!"

Posted by rams at November 27, 2005 9:14 PM

I am worried about you, having just been sick, with a husband on the road for nine days.

I'm not expecting mine back from inlaw-palooza until midnight tomorrow, and child-home-with-me just threw up in the grocery store (luckily I was quick on the draw with a produce baggie). I would be in way more trouble if the reverse had happened (her fine, me barfing). She's on the sofa with ginger ale and triscuits, and I think we may avoid an encore.

Hope you are feeling okay... I bet you are even THINNER, however.

Posted by Cornelia Read at November 27, 2005 10:39 PM

Awww, you put the Hessian Dexter up! Ain't he purdy?

And you ARE thin. And fabulous. And VERY BUSY writing chapter 3, yes? *foot tapping*

Okay, got to get back to my own Counterintuitive Butthole of a chapter....

Posted by Karen Abbott at November 28, 2005 10:09 AM

Not only are you thin and beautiful and very... ummm... authorial (is too a word)... I heart you, which really should be enough for anyone (hey, where are you going??). And you never know when I might send you something. But not fruit, because fruit apparently is only delivered to your address via snail. So anything but that, I think.

Posted by Mir at November 28, 2005 11:33 AM

I SO agree with #1.

Posted by Mr. Husband at November 28, 2005 6:58 PM

Yeah, I discover that I am NOT first off the mark to tell you the bad news about Brangelina, which is being widely used and which sounds to me like the same Mormon dessert mentioned above, only high-fibre and good for you.

And while we're speaking of things that are high-fibre and good for you ... my, aren't you THIN!!

Posted by Trudy at November 29, 2005 5:53 AM