Comments: This Year, Give the Gift of a Tequila Bottle Upside the Head!

I am going to have to order me another copy. I horde. But my sister borrowed it - THREE MONTHS AGO - and I've not seen it since. SHE RAVED OVER IT - then apparently made it her own. ERRRRR! So really the title of this morning's meanderings fits.

really? $100 buck, my gosh, I didn't realize that nylon mesh - tuile - and spandex had gotten so dern expensive. So when is General coming out?

Posted by Cele at November 21, 2005 11:14 AM

Please, pretty please, may we have a picture of Maisy in the ballet costume (that MUST crap gold, or some such) when it comes.

Thank you very much.

Posted by Angela at November 21, 2005 12:36 PM

*GASP*

You said TESTICLE. On your BLOG.

Posted by Mir at November 21, 2005 2:41 PM

(P.S. Survey says: I am a bad influence. Good thing I'm cute.)

Posted by Mir at November 21, 2005 2:42 PM

Okay, okay. Brainwashed here. Going to buy another copy of gods. With lovely, wacky inscription. And two for my cats.

Posted by Edgy Mama at November 21, 2005 3:18 PM

That Tutu store saw a fool when you walked through their door, dude... xx

Posted by Bookseller to the Stars at November 21, 2005 4:34 PM

Tulip...any chance you drank the WHOLE pot of coffee this morning?

100 bucks for a tutu?!?!?!?! Thank God I only have boys. Miss Maisy is WAY too cute for that anyway - no one will notice what she's WEARING, they'll be too entranced by her beautiful smile. Tell the ballet people to stick THAT in their (apparantly heavily used) crack pipe and smoke it! ;)

Posted by Amy-GO at November 21, 2005 8:34 PM

Save that tutu for Halloween next year. Then sell it on ebay the following year. While saving up for next year's costume, of course. And don't even think about when she's 10 and wants to take tap, ballet AND jazz. That's three routines! And three separate costumes!

I'm no great writer, but I finished gods a couple of nights ago and I liked it too. If I were in grade school, I'd check the "yes" block then add a whole gob of explanation points and I'd turn the little dots under the explanation points into a whole gob of smiley faces.

Posted by Deborah at November 21, 2005 11:03 PM

Your post today resembles matroshka nesting dolls more than usual. This keeps us on our toes, so please continue.

Posted by Holly at November 22, 2005 5:41 AM

My nieces both take ballet and the money for their recital costumes is also due in December, for the recital that's in June (which is always on Father's Day weekend, but that's another story).

Posted by Andrea at November 22, 2005 10:50 AM

I absolutely positively loved gods. Loved. Stayed on the elliptical climber (where I read) until I was a panting sweating ragdoll of a girl just so I could finish it.

Posted by Marisa de los Santos at November 22, 2005 6:46 PM

I was just trying to decide yesterday who all to give "gods" to this Christmas! Congrats on the AJC thingy. Well-deserved!

Posted by matt elliott at November 24, 2005 11:28 AM