Comments: By Turns Enraged and Darlinated

If you have dial up or it won;t play because you lack the software, her song's lyrics are "Praise the Lord for Chocolate. Do you love it like I do?"

Posted by Joshilyn at November 13, 2005 1:57 PM

Joshilyn, you will become a gazillionaire if you can get that menu to offer the option to send the clipboard to hell. I was laughing and "YESing" the whole thing. I hate it when my computer judges and mocks me. Just sit over there in the corner and play solitaire or something until I ask for your help! And quit looking at me!

And amen to Maisy's song. Top 10 hit if I had any say in it!

Posted by Jenn at November 13, 2005 2:38 PM

Am dying of Cuteness over here, listening to Miss Maisy.

My dog, on the other hand, immediately leapt up from under my desk and is now looking for her to play with. If Maisy ever needs a play date with a golden retriever, Kiska is ready and willing (through living in VA). . .

Posted by Corrie at November 13, 2005 3:32 PM

I thought that was what she said, oh my gosh she is just good enough to eat in one big bite. She is better than chocolate.

Oh and I always choose "keep text only" and as soon as I put a space after the part I just pasted... the clipboard from hell goes away.

Posted by Heather McCutcheon at November 13, 2005 5:23 PM

I predict that Maisy will be a brilliant and much-sought-after songwriter. Truer words were never before sung.

Posted by Edgy Mama at November 13, 2005 8:38 PM

Having found a dead mouse on the floor of my living room this week, I have to say: Chocolate Mice...EWWWWWWW!

But Miss Maisy's song...unendurably precious!

Posted by Amy-GO at November 13, 2005 9:05 PM

Precious before I knew the lyrics. HILARIOUS and precious now. Must say, though, it freaked my husband out. He didn't know what it was, where it was coming from or what she was saying. I think he thought his time had come.

Posted by Em at November 13, 2005 9:28 PM

Also, now I totally have my teacher gifts picked for Christmas! Cutest chocolate mice I ever saw!

Posted by Em at November 13, 2005 9:33 PM

I am dead now, thank you very much. I was either struck down by my jealousy over the chocolate mice or by the cuteness of Maisy's song, but it's really too close to be sure either way.

Posted by Mir at November 13, 2005 9:51 PM

Amen to the evil clipboard and the stupid paperclip. I would also like to add the little waggle-tailed dog that pops up on the search menu to the "list of animated 'puter creatures too obnoxious to live". And I normally LIKE dogs! Also, it pisses me off when I tell spellcheck I want to say something and it pops up with that "are you SURE? because we don't think that's a real word" dialogue. Gggrrr....

AND...I want some of that chocolate. I may have to buy some for a gift so that I can include a little bonus box in the order just for meMeME!

AND...Maisy's song is fabulous and brilliant and it freaked out of my cat, which is always fun! :-) (I think you should send the recording to the chocolate place and suggest they use it on their website. Seriously!)

Posted by DebR at November 13, 2005 11:53 PM

Here I was, reading your entry and I thought to myself, "chocolate mice? Why that sounds like the sort of thing they sold at Burdick's, in my old stomping ground in Harvard Square in Cambridge, Massachusetts." And sure enough, it is! I know my chocolate!

If you ever make it up that way, try the hot chocolate, where "hot chocolate" here does not mean "thin mud-colored liquid made from a powder" but rather "melted dark chocolate so thick it's almost a syrup, so very good that you'll burn your mouth on your first sip, and then burn it again on all subsequent sips because you don't have the self-control to wait until it cools, but hey, your taste-buds were always going to be disappointed after this so why did you need them anyway?"

Posted by Marleigh at November 14, 2005 10:18 AM

Yup. Gotta concur on those (helpful?) animated software thingies. I loathe that paperclip. Not real fond of the dog, either. And may I say, those are, indeed, fine looking chocolates. Mercy!*smacks lips jealously* Or maybe merci! So, did Maisy's serenade garner her one of them, hmmm? Precious! Clearly a belle!

Posted by David at November 14, 2005 10:29 AM

Praise the Lord for little girls

Posted by Jilly at November 14, 2005 11:02 AM

I have dial up, it only took a little bit of patience - but it was so very worth it. Miss Ah-Maisy is adorable.

I would rather put up with the stupid little animations on Word, (but isn't it nice you can at least turn the dog off?) than the formating mess that occurs in Corel's Wordperfect which is either an oxymoron, or a test of my last morsel of patience to see whether I will shoot my computer in absolute frustration....or not. I have a Glock, so if this goes to the wagering community don't bet on the computer, okay.

Posted by Cele at November 14, 2005 11:46 AM

MAISY is begging to be dandled over MY maw by her satin tail and gobbled up.

God that kid is so cute. Keep your mice...Give us more MAISY!!

Posted by Angela at November 14, 2005 12:39 PM

Here is how you get rid of the clipboard. On the Tools menu, click Options, and then click the Edit tab.
Select or clear the Show Paste Options buttons check box.
It worked for me. I hope it works for you.

Posted by Dave T. at November 14, 2005 6:58 PM

You dont have that option...?

I beleive there is an updated "send to hell" task on the 2005 version of XP...

The helpy paperclip feature is on there aswell, he pops up and says...

"You seem to be writing a book, shall I leave you the fuck alone?"

I heard a rumour that you can download a tool from the MS website, which offers footrubs also.

Posted by Bookseller to the Stars at November 15, 2005 3:43 AM

Dean and Deluca makes a set of hollow chocolate pigs that contain several tiny little chocolate piglets.

They also make tiny chocolate purses. Excellent.

Posted by Brooke at November 17, 2005 1:32 PM

OHMIGOD that Maisy is a doll! Too bad you don't have that one on video!

Posted by Patti at November 18, 2005 12:30 AM