Comments: GCC: 3 Questions with Megan Crane (PLUS! Return of the Truly Humongous Lizard)

Oh! It looks like an anole! Would it freak you out if I mentioned that we had these living in the house when we lived in Tennessee? Mom caught them and brought them in on purpose to keep bugs off her plants. One was fairly tame (we named him Beethoven) and loved to sleep on the green part of the stained-glass lamp hanging over the kitchen table. This worked fine until, one night, he wanted off during dinner, jumped, and landed on an unsuspecting dinner guest's nose.

But I'm guessing that wouldn't fly at your house... ;->

Posted by Laura at October 27, 2005 10:31 AM

I'm disillusioned to read that Mr. Husband outlined the lizard for that first pic. I saw it and thought he was Radioactive SuperLizard and was all glowy and shiny!

He's kind of cute, for a lizard.

Posted by DebR at October 27, 2005 10:34 AM

Well, I got the Tori Amos reference, but I sincerely doubt that makes me cool. I enjoyed the Joss Whedon posts in a way that precludes coolness.

Posted by Aimee at October 27, 2005 10:43 AM

Awwww he is cute and adorable and SO GREEN. Which almost makes up for the fact that now you have to wonder exactly how much lizard poop is in your house, I'm sure.

Posted by Mir at October 27, 2005 11:01 AM

I have this mental image of Joss - bedecked in stylish pithe helmet, khaki bush shorts, pseudo cute shoes, and - armed with a very large weapon stalking said Komodo through vast regions of living area to subdue and tag the dastardly beast.

Lizard aka kissing cousin of the sneaky, devious, fast running snake. And now they glow in their superlizard radioactiveness. Argh, now I have to worry about dirty lizard weapons. The urban legend grows.

And people wonder why I am obsessively terrified of said demons.

Posted by Cele at October 27, 2005 11:59 AM

PS: love the CSI scaling technique.

Posted by Cele at October 27, 2005 12:01 PM

While the others mentioned the lizard, I thought I would mention M. Albright...did you see her on Gilmore Girls this week? I thought it was awesome, and so Rory to dream about her.

Ok, I am curious about the lizard...why do you think it's large?

Posted by Vicky at October 27, 2005 12:14 PM

That is one big ol' lizard. I would've released him in the next town over!

Posted by Chickie at October 27, 2005 1:16 PM

THAT was the humongous lizard?? That bitty thing?? You had me convinced you had a GILA MONSTER in the house! :D

Posted by lizardek at October 27, 2005 2:21 PM

And that is another reason why I love living in Michigan (besides the whole crappy economy and stuff)...NO LIZARDS! Well, there may be lizards, but I have never heard anyone from around here complain about having lizards in their house. A teensy spider, yes, but lizards, thank goodness, no!

Posted by Jessie at October 27, 2005 3:33 PM

How did THAT hide in your den for a week? I've seen your den and it's not that big. Your house is becoming Wild Kingdom, Tulip! And Waffles SO should have found him. Falling down on the job, kitty! :)

Posted by Amy-GO at October 27, 2005 5:20 PM

You should see the non-native lizards here in FL that EAT the anoles.

Glad to see you captured and released ;)

Posted by Angel at October 27, 2005 6:10 PM

*whew* For a second there, I thought that was a dead-body-police-outline. We had a whole slew of those lizards in our woodpile when I was a kid. Their tails fall off when you try to catch them.:-)
Organic? Is that what it's called? Wow. Being one of those non-outliner types myself, I though I was considered a "rogue". Organic sounds so much warmer and friendlier. *grins*

Posted by David at October 28, 2005 8:45 AM

He does look like an Anole. They make great pets. And if he survived for ten days in your den, I'll bet he was finding some interesting little buggies to eat.

As always, nice I/V Joshilyn. My to-read pile is growing by the day. Sigh. Too many books, too little time.

Posted by Edgy Mama at October 29, 2005 9:02 PM