Comments: 1) Look! 2) Lizard! And 3) What Those Holes Are For

Martha sounds so much more refined in... ummm... Netherlandian? Dutch?

I was so hoping you'd found the lizard this morning. Eeep.

Posted by Mir at October 20, 2005 10:04 AM

Oh, the poor lizard! Don't let Waffles get him! Or Maisy, either, it sounds like. I think he would make a FINE addition to the newt tank. You could name him Lester. Yes. I am rooting for this lizard, because - lizard parts! On pillows! EEEEK!

I covet those fabulous-enough-to-be-on-a-book-cover BOOTS! Yum.

Posted by Amy-GO at October 20, 2005 11:35 AM

I want those boots too. If you find them, buy two pair and i will pay you back. LOL! 7 1/2. ;)

Haydn loves the "wizards" that stay in our carport. He always wants me to catch them.

Posted by Heather at October 20, 2005 12:20 PM

Congratulations on getting two fabulous covers for one novel! Did the photographer know about your shoe obsession ahead of time?

I do hope "what those holes are for" don't wind up in the pink sock abyss.....

Posted by Elizabeth at October 20, 2005 12:21 PM

I think "Koop DE DRIE BELOFTES OF ARLENE! Je zult er green spijt van krijgen." means "Keep The Three Promises of Arlene! Or we will spit upon your green cardigan."

Posted by DebR at October 20, 2005 12:27 PM

Wow...beautiful covers!

Posted by Dorothy at October 20, 2005 12:47 PM

LOL Okay, now you have to change the title to "Arlene Promises Not To Spit On Her Green Cardigan Three Times While Wearing Fabulous Boots."

Posted by Jilly at October 20, 2005 1:51 PM

Oohhh, lizards make me quease (verb). Better you than me. I'd never sit on that sofa again, and I probably wouldn't sleep knowing that pieces might be floating around the house.

Posted by Andi at October 20, 2005 2:38 PM

According to Babelfish.com "Koop DE DRIE BELOFTES OF ARLENE! Je zult er green spijt van krijgen" translates to:
Buy the THREE PROMISES OR ARLENE! You green will regret there of to get.

Babelfish sounds like he's been swimming in the tequila again.

But since Babelfish is not so great at direct translations I am thinking that second sentence is probably something like, "You will not regret it."

Posted by FoFuSa at October 20, 2005 3:47 PM

And when you're telling us what the holes are for tomorrow, you can also finish the pink sock story. We haven't forgotten that you went roller blading with electric pink socks, as much as you wish we had!

Absolutely love both covers -- don't forget, in case they're European boots (and why wouldn't they be on a Dutch book cover?) that an American 7 1/2 translates to size 38. ;-)

We had a blast driving through the Netherlands, reading the road signs and anything else outloud. Or, in all honesty, reading what they looked like outloud. Dutch looks like Welsh, but when spoken, it sounds very similar to German. But boy does it make fun signs!

Posted by Beth at October 20, 2005 5:01 PM

Joshilyn,
The review of the book says in Dutch: Buy The Three Promises of Arlene! You won't regret it. Or more awkwardly- You won't have any regrets for having bought it. If you need the tagline too- A strong mix of humor, murder and family irritation. Congradulations honey, I am so please Gods is going over so well, both you and the book deserve all the love and attention.

Posted by Nic at October 20, 2005 8:43 PM

:::::::::::::choking::::::::::::::
"FAMILY IRRITATION" PWAHAHAHAHAHAAA

Posted by Jilly at October 20, 2005 8:57 PM

Beautiful new cover! I'm trying to remember where I said "Buy the THREE PROMISES OR ARLENE! You green will regret there of to get." Well... it's true. Congratulations!

Posted by Martha O'Connor at October 20, 2005 9:48 PM

thoughts:
1) How did De Boekerij bv get a picture of Lake Allatoona at 'winter pool' (i.e. no water).
2) I am also a member of Turtle Rescue.
3) Last night, when I arrived for dinner, KJ pointed out to me HALF A MOUSE - STUCK TO MY HOOD - LEFT BY MY CAT!!!! (I had to scrape it off with a stick. ew ) Why do they leave us these gifts?

Posted by Dana W at October 20, 2005 9:52 PM

Definitely hot boots. I will be getting my heinie down to the Discount Shoe Warehouse tomorrow with a bad print out of this page.

Lizards are cool too. Although I grew up in Georgia, and I don't remember ever seeing a humongous lizard. Do you think it could be someone's escaped pet?

Posted by Edgy Mama at October 20, 2005 10:33 PM

My friend lives in Belgium and speaks fluent Dutch. She says...

------------------

it's very odd

it says "Buy the three promises of arlene. You won't be sorry."

the odd thing is that in dutch it should be "beloftes VAN Arlene" instead of OF
and it should be GEEN spijt, not GREEN spijt

So it could also says "Buy the three promises OR arlene. You won't be sorry."

so or: you have to choose between promises and arlene, or the promises are of arlene

------------------------------------