Comments: Keepsies True or False

I think 4 & 5 are false and the rest are true.

Posted by DebR at October 17, 2005 11:08 AM

I'm with Deb.

Posted by Mir at October 17, 2005 11:10 AM

PS...UNLESS at any point in the conference you were wearing a really sexy red dress. If you wore a sexy red dress while there, then I would revise my guess to be that only number 4 is false and the rest are true.

But I really hope number 4 is false because Jessica Simpson?? Eeeuuuwwww!

Posted by DebR at October 17, 2005 11:16 AM

3 and 4 are false

Has your editor called you back about #9 yet?

Elizabeth

Posted by Elizabeth at October 17, 2005 11:52 AM

I'm on the 4&5 team, but would like to THINK that 8 is also false, because YUCK, what an odious thing to have to think about happening.

Posted by Cornelia Read at October 17, 2005 1:04 PM

11. True
12. True
13. True
14. true
15. True

Posted by Heather at October 17, 2005 1:26 PM

4&6 are false. The rest sound true to me! (C'mon, she could be Jessica Rabbit! Just dye the hair red, add gravity defying dress and voila!) ;)

Posted by Amy-GO at October 17, 2005 1:56 PM

I wish I had been at the conference if only to be there with you for #14. I've heard all about diatom bioluminescence but never seen it in person. We could've jumped up and down on the beach together (but hopefully without 4 inch heels). I can't believe you actually ATE diatomaceous earth. You mean you weren't joking when you wrote about that ages ago? Poor tulip!

Posted by Elizabeth at October 17, 2005 2:34 PM

I say only #5 is false. Though I think #4 is too, but perhaps it is a trick! AHA! You can't fool me.

My final answer: Only #5 is false.

Posted by FoFuSa at October 17, 2005 3:28 PM

I sincerely hope that number 14 is true. Because I've read it 8 times, and laughed each and every time. One of those times, I think I peed, a little.

I had a best friend who was funny like you are. But then she decided she wanted to be a Slimy Embezzler when she grew up, and now she's passing time in the POKEY. Tends to suck the wit right out of you, I'm thinking.

Posted by seshat at October 17, 2005 4:24 PM

Okay, here goes. I'll say 3, 4, 5 & 12 are false.

Posted by Aimee at October 17, 2005 4:34 PM

Only 2 is false. Your nose is much straighter than hers.

Posted by rams at October 17, 2005 8:00 PM

5 and 13.

Amstel Light? No. Just no. Prettier drinks I'm sure. Not light beer. Even if it is an import.

Posted by Lulu at October 17, 2005 9:07 PM

1, 4, & 5 are false.

I almost went to this conference. Damn, it sounds like fun. You're not coming up to Asheville for the NC Writers Conference in November, are you?

So, did you drop your nametag in the potty? Or just in the bathroom?

Posted by Edgy Mama at October 17, 2005 9:34 PM

I think only #4 is false and all the rest are true. And as someone who HAS been told she looks like Jessica Rabbit, I sincerely hope you have too, because it's a fun experience.

Posted by TrudyJ at October 18, 2005 5:33 AM

I'm not playing, cause you said I couldn't. But I'm dying here--who was the woman in #8? Just give a quicky description & I'll try to puzzle it out.

Posted by Phyllis at October 18, 2005 6:56 AM

Just 5 is false...

Posted by Donna at October 18, 2005 7:54 AM

Wait, spiders are patient?

Posted by Cornelia Read at October 18, 2005 11:40 AM

Hey Joss, I'm sure it's too late to win the contest, but I just wanted to say you owe me a keyboard... I spit mocha all over it while I was laughing...

Also wanted to tell you that I used your title as an example today in an article I wrote about creating titles:

Posted by Martha O'Connor at October 18, 2005 1:26 PM

It's ALL TRUE and I know this because FUNNY THINGS ALWAYS HAPPEN TO YOU and someday I want to be reincarnated as YOU except for the newts.

Posted by Jilly at October 18, 2005 6:34 PM

There's a title: "You, Except for the Newts"

Posted by rams at October 19, 2005 8:34 AM