Comments: B4B Finalists? Meet my Friend, Cranberry Lime Flirtini on the Rocks...

Sounds like a fun night, Joshilyn. I adore Flirtinis, particularly with wood-braised veggies and designated drivers.

And congrats to Kira on her engagement!

Posted by Edgy Mama at October 12, 2005 10:50 AM

WooHoo! Thanks for hosting and I'm excited to be a finalist. I feel the proverbial, "I'm glad just to be among this group of finalists" speech welling up. I am honored though, after re-reading the other six (I had read all the entries once already) to be chosen. I think I have two favorites (not mine) for the winner.
Thanks for the fun... Hh

Posted by Hannah at October 12, 2005 10:51 AM

P.S. Congrats, KIRA!! And thanks for staying up late and reading...and reading...and...

Posted by Hannah at October 12, 2005 10:52 AM

It's official. Im changing my name to Andreia Joshilyn S. My friends are getting a bit tired of me sending the link to this with subject lines like, READ THIS! READ THIS and Who I Want to Be When I Become a Grown-Up Writer.
Thanks for the laughs.

Posted by Andreia at October 12, 2005 10:58 AM

Some people have the gift of the fantastic, some people have a gilded pen - Joss, you've both. You always make me laugh. Thank you for the laugh, but what is a flirtini? Yummmmmmm - the asparagus sounded soooo good, but the friendship sounded best. Oh, and btw - if the bribe to get back in the writing group is to be your hot, fresh 10 pages, well if they are like us, it will be a breeze because we are hooked.

Sage advice for all and for your kids

Congrats Kira!

Posted by Cele at October 12, 2005 11:48 AM

But... did anyone expound on the asparagus pee? You missed me, didn't you... what with all of you drunk and no one (read: me not) there to drunkenly babble on about the drunken bathroom surprise of the asparagus pee.

Also, I would pay good money to be lost in a car with you, if only to listen to, "Fliiiiip? I'm... well... I'm near the thing and I want to go over to that other place. Help?"

Posted by Mir at October 12, 2005 2:14 PM

FIRST, Thank you for the picture of the Big Chicken! The kids and I LOVE the Big Chicken and we MISS it! We stood around the computer IMITATING it and laughing like Flirtini-drinking LOONS. LOONS, I tell you!
I may have had too much sugar today!
SECOND, what was your book club thinking? I would chuck all and come drink with you ANYTIME. But then, I would chuck all and do almost anything, wouldn't I...;)

Posted by Amy-GO at October 12, 2005 5:01 PM

1) I'm on the B4B finalist list! Yay!! Thank you, Kira!

2) I'm totally envious of your Big Chicken! All our KFCs are plain and boring!

3) Your writing group should have gone to the bar. You can't tell me that the night at the bar wouldn't have provided some sort of story inspiration for someone!

4) I woke up this morning with a huge surplus of exclamation points! Thank you for allowing me to use some of them!!!

Posted by DebR at October 12, 2005 5:54 PM

Congrats again Kira!!!

And OMG! Wow! I am a finalist!

Posted by Heather at October 12, 2005 9:20 PM

Tonight is Yom Kippur, one of the most holy days in the Jewish calendar, and the prayer we sing tonight is called "Kol Nidre", which literaly means "All Vows", in which we ask forgivess for all the vows we have made in the last year which we were unable to keep.

My father used to sing "Kol Nidre" at services on Yom Kippur. His soaring tenor voice and the sweet sound of the cantillation were an inspiration. "Kol Nidre" was the other song I almost wrote about.

Thanks for honoring both of us on this Yom Kippur evening...

Posted by Daniel Barkowitz at October 12, 2005 10:23 PM

The asparagus, fistfuls of cake and booze were yummy, but not as yummy as this recap!

Posted by Karen Abbott at October 13, 2005 7:31 PM

YAY for madame rubies! go Heather!

Posted by norah at October 21, 2005 4:39 AM