Comments: Linky Love!

Hey! Your V key seems to have recovered. ;)

Posted by Mir at October 9, 2005 7:48 PM

Kevin objects to being called "ok, I'll go too." Some people have trouble facing reality.

Woot! is awesome. But I'm still waiting for the day they sell nothing but Ford Mustangs for $1.99. THEN I'll be really excited.

Posted by Amy-GO at October 9, 2005 8:38 PM

You or Scott may also be interested in http://www.dealazon.com/, a listing of sale items from Amazon. We love it! My husband gets this information from a site he frequents, http://linkfilter.net/.

Posted by Karen at October 9, 2005 9:03 PM

Joss - I cut and pasted your second paragraph into the Gender Genie. Following is it's answer. And, of course, it says that it works best on longer texts, but I say that I would know IMMEDIATELY from your writing that you are a female and I think the Gender Genie is smoking crack. OR: You are correct, the Gender Genie is male given his obvious inability to pay attention to anything a woman says.

Words: 113

(NOTE: The genie works best on texts of more than 500 words.)

Female Score: 204
Male Score: 334

The Gender Genie thinks the author of this passage is: male!

Posted by Angela at October 9, 2005 9:25 PM

Oh duh...I must be a man too. I have only just now noticed your comment that the Gender Genie is thinks you are a man.

Ah well.....why keep one's mouth closed and be perceived as an idiot, when one can open one's mouth and remove all doubt, eh?

Posted by Angela at October 9, 2005 9:28 PM

Breathe Joss, Breathe.

This post will keep me laughing for at least two days.

Posted by Cele at October 10, 2005 1:14 AM

That's the first time I ever heard of Gender Genie, so I decided to try it. I submitted three of my blog entries: one about books, one about quilts, and one a general rambling discourse about life, the universe, and everything. That last one was the only one GG pegged as female - barely. The book and quilt posts both scored as male.

Trust me, no one with two functioning brain cells to rub together could ever read my blog and think anyone but a woman wrote it. I think GenGen needs to do a bit more work on his program.

Posted by DebR at October 10, 2005 9:19 AM

The computer ate my comment. Grr... Again, I say...

If I ever come across a chocolate handbag, I will be buying it for you. LOL!

My review of Gods goes up on the shelf at work, this week. Want me to take a picture?

Posted by Heather at October 10, 2005 11:14 AM

Another link you and yours may come to love-
full of geeky, er, electronic wonders and witty banter. Brillant!

Posted by Chris at October 11, 2005 11:53 AM

Chris and I are on the same page, try thinkgeek.com, it is also great.

Posted by Karen at October 13, 2005 10:55 AM