Comments: Blah Blah Euphemism, Blah Blah Dog Toot

THIS is a BLOG BLOCK? Have them more often, please; hysterical laughing is my favorite state of being. You could write about SEWER DISTRICT MEETINGS and it would be hilarious.

The mental image of Scott sucking sauciness out of you has done me in for the rest of the day.

Posted by Jilly at October 2, 2005 4:05 PM

I shall never be able to look Scott in the eye again, now that I know about the connection between shoes and the lawn. Eep.

(Funny, every time _I_ buy shoes, I wish I had a... uhhh... lawnboy.)

Posted by Mir at October 2, 2005 4:45 PM

Just to settle the did Samantha reduce or not quandry, I think she just stopped breast feeding her new son. Remember when she was running around as Stan and "out of town"? She was having her baby. How terribly sad that I know this, I'm off to stuff something worthwhile into my brain- where's my US Weekly?

Posted by Nic at October 2, 2005 5:46 PM

And following the scientific evidence to its logical conclusion, I think you've also addressed why you're so tired...

Posted by rams at October 2, 2005 6:23 PM

Awesome picture of you. You look very... perky. Ahem. I am jealous. LOL! CONGRATS ont he awesome review. I reccommend your book, at work, constantly, but it seems everyone has already read and loved it. LOL!

PS I borrowed the 2006 Literary Agents book from work (done by the Writer's Market people). *trembles*

Posted by Heather at October 2, 2005 9:56 PM

Gee whiz, when I mow the lawn, all that happens is the grass gets shorter. What am I doing wrong and where can I get some of those saucy **s to spice it up? LOL

Posted by David at October 3, 2005 10:06 AM

Dern it, I forgot. Congrats on that BRILLIANT review. :-) Having been there recently, would you say they might call CAPITAL/CAPITOL?

Posted by David at October 3, 2005 10:10 AM

I am not quite over my mind and body numbing cold. Nasty cold, not enough drugs, but I do recognize returning saucieness when I see returning saucieness. Okay, laugh, but when you wrote about shoe shopping and the lawn mowed...well Scott would not be happy (I think) with the aeriating mental image envoked.

Brilliant review from the British press, quite brilliant, but of course we are all well decided you are a brilliant writer.

And pretty girl, we're also all in agreement - you are not blog blocked - you are our addiction.

Posted by Cele at October 3, 2005 11:14 AM

Please, OH PLEASE be Blog Blocked again and again and again if it is going to cause you to put such things in net-print that make me laugh so hard that I spew the Diet Mt. Dew I am supposed to NOT be drinking right out my nose.

By the by, I am certain that it is true that for Southern Goddesses in general and Southern Goddesses who are brilliant and beautifully bosomy (is that a word??) in specific, any emitted gases actually take the form of wafting gardenia fragrances and that is why it smells so sweet when one walks down the street on any given Sunday afternoon in the South after folks have consumed post-church fried chicken. (That was a freakishly long and confusing sentence...My apologies)

Posted by Angela at October 3, 2005 4:24 PM

I think Samantha's portrayer recently had a baby. Someone previously may have said it but I'm guessing she stopped breast feeding.

I'm looking forward to seeing you at the Southern Festival of Books! I loved gods in Alabama; when is Between, Georgia releasing?

Posted by Jana at October 5, 2005 3:11 PM