Comments: Think-Look-Consider Dance Remix

That cover is just beautiful!! I can't wait to read it. I have no help for your newt situation as we are(in Griffs words)a petless family!!

Posted by Whitney at September 27, 2005 10:59 AM

Ohhh...that cover is JUST! GORGEOUS! It would stop me dead in my tracks in any book store.

As for the newts? I say go with B.

Posted by Aimee at September 27, 2005 11:05 AM

Spotty always seemed just a touch femme to me. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

I vote for scooping out all the eggs in the dead of night. But I'm heartless like that.

P.S. Your cover girl really does look EXACTLY like E's little girl... I will have to show her!

Posted by Mir at September 27, 2005 11:15 AM

1. LOVE the cover!! (Want to read the book!!!)

2. I took the quiz. I got Bill Gates too. I wanted to see what the other choices would have been, but didn't see anyplace to click or anything (???).

3. I would flush the newt eggs. But if you do one of the other choices, I bet you could get a great blog entry out of it. :-)

Posted by DebR at September 27, 2005 11:28 AM

Ick- mine was also Bill Gates and yet I was a rocker. What's up with that? I must take it again and change all my answers!!! Although, with all that money I bet he has several beautiful homes with equally beautiful pools to swim in. Heck, he probably owns an OCEAN. Maybe I should rethink this ick thing...

Posted by Chris at September 27, 2005 11:28 AM

Argh! He was cute as Blackie Parrish, but hmmmm Okay - so I got John Stamos. I had to rip my heart out to say Full House, it felt soooo wrong to not support Marla Pennington, but well okay the truth is out I watch Full House with my grandson. And now you are all going "Huh." Don't worry I'm just doing my usual veering.

I vote for options B or C - now is this post suppose to make me feel any better, Joss, that Newts have legs and are not snake like?

The cover is beautiful, gorgous, way kewl. We know 2006, but is it early, mid, or late 2006? I need to stock up supplies to get me that far into the year.

Posted by Cele at September 27, 2005 12:09 PM

You see? You go away and leave the newts unsupervised, this is what happens. Problem is/blessing is you must have missed the "Mommy, why are they riding piggyback?" conversation, so now you're for it.

You didn't mention the option of salting them and serving them on crackers?

Posted by rams at September 27, 2005 12:43 PM

GORGEOUS cover! I got John Stamos too. ICK. I didn't watch ANY of those TV shows. EVER.

But what really bums me out is that my celebrity fashion twin is Paris Hilton. Constant Weader fwowed up, to steal a line from Dorothy Parker.

Posted by Cornelia Read at September 27, 2005 1:34 PM

I'm so jealous. We used to have newts and they never, ever wanted to reproduce for us. We had turtles who laid eggs once, though they didn't hatch even though we did everything right. But I digress ...

Posted by Jennifer at September 27, 2005 2:50 PM

Oh my, the cover of your new book is absolutely stunning. Congrats!

Posted by Mme.P. at September 27, 2005 3:12 PM

LOVE the cover!!! You really should have a countdown ticker on your site until the new book comes out ;)

Posted by Angel at September 27, 2005 3:42 PM

PLEASE direct me to a source where I can actually find out about the Wendigo! My father has been telling me that the Wendigo story is the scariest he ever heard BUT he could never remember the story. ugh! How frustrating is that?

The cover IS wonderful. Congrats.

Posted by sp8cemunky at September 27, 2005 4:25 PM

I got Jason Bateman. Are you kidding me?

You have to keep at least ONE newt egg. I'll feel so sad for Fig and Spotty if you take all their babies away!

THAT COVER! *DROOL*

Posted by Amy-GO at September 27, 2005 5:50 PM

I am so ready to pre-order that book!! The cover is fantabulous! So purty!

I got Jason Bateman. Who is that? At least people know who John Stamos and Bill Gates are!

Newts? eeewwwwwwww!!!

Posted by Deb at September 27, 2005 6:47 PM

I vote for Newt Option A - the total wipeout flush. Having been through all these phases with two kids, I believe this is what will happen: Once those...whatevers...are actual NEWTS it will be MURDER to....disappear them....and there will be HELL TO PAY with Maisie.

I've insisted before but apparently you didn't pay attention: please send computer chip with Between on it. The cover is drooly-dropdead-perfect. It's pretty, like you -

Posted by Jilly at September 27, 2005 8:56 PM

Beautiful cover, Joshilyn. Congratulations!

We'll take a newt. Wonder if our tree frog would eat them?

Posted by Edgy Mama at September 27, 2005 9:50 PM

Love the butterflies. Love! p.s. my Book Club agreed to gods for November, so yay for me. (And you!)

Posted by MySelf at September 28, 2005 8:46 AM

...what I forgot to say was, TWO of us nominated gods -- at the same time. We were tripping over each other to suggest it. You are HOT in the marketplace, lady!

Posted by MySelf at September 28, 2005 8:47 AM

I vote for the hatching of the Newts...and then a fun filled day at the local flea market where your kids can try to pawn them off on redneck passersby, by telling them that they will actually grow up into those dragon type lizards and that would be SO COOL to have one and to sneak in to unsuspecting neighbors houses...especially elderly ladies who had a heart attack last year and ..... oh wait...I was thinking about MY family.... Nevermind, just flush em.

And I am all in a dither about the new cover. It makes me want to go *squee*, except that it is COMPLETELY annoying when people type that, 'cause, REALLY, who ever actually makes the sound "squee", except for perhaps bats, but of course we can not hear them so who could really know.

Argh....I've just realized that my post is actually more annoying than if I had just said "Flush the newts...and SQUEE"

Posted by Angela at September 28, 2005 9:59 AM

What a fabulous cover! i think I may even like it better than the cover to gods. WOW!

Posted by Heather at September 28, 2005 4:22 PM

Michael J. Fox.
'Nuff said.

Newts are cool. They move too slow to be evil. Or dangerous. Or am I mixing them up with salamanders? Still, birth control is a good thing and I'd do a "Live, be free" thing at the pond.
Especially since if they do hatch, the parents might eat them. High urk-factor here & imagine the audience reaction. Then again, the devouring might be good parental role modelling/threat reinforcement!
Still. Newt snacks? I'll pass.

Posted by Lulu at September 28, 2005 9:08 PM

Joss, Great cover for Between! The butterfly wings the little girl is wearing are a real eye-grabber. Second looks assured. This one begs for a front-out display. And the newt eggs? I recommend Plan B.

Posted by David at September 29, 2005 8:11 AM