Comments: In Which I Welcome You (in Your Guise of Ann Landers) to Newtopia and Virtue

You are PRETTY!! Your children are PRETTY!! And oh my gosh it looks so GREEN and PRETTY where you live! I'm so moving there.

Up here in Calgary, Alberta, Canada it is fully engulfted in fall like weather and colours. Which is ok because I'm a fall complexion person (hehe) but not so good because it is cold. But look at the pretty green grass and that gorgeous house behind you!

And you are PRETTY!! And your children are PRETTY! (Well, Sam is HANDSOME!!)

Posted by Heather COOK at September 21, 2005 11:21 AM

Joss, with all of the love I can possibly feel for you I say - I hate your skinny, gorgeous ass. And while I have read your previous blogs regarding the truth of your own personal trauma with 5 pounds or so, I speak from the I-Wish-Like-HELL-that-I-had-trauma-with-ONLY-5-pounds club and I find myself wanting to scribble on your picture like I did the skinny chicks in high school and give you a mustache and zits.

By the way, your children are begging to be sprinkled with powdered sugar and washed down with a glass of milk. You are ALL yummy.

And now, I shall go sulk.

Posted by Angela at September 21, 2005 11:55 AM

I kept looking at Newtopia and thinking, ugh they look like snakes...snakes, I tell you...INSIDE YOUR HOUSE...well really I only looked once because they look like snakes. Did I mention they are inside your house.

Snakes are one of two reasons I won't due survivor. The other is my menopausal gut, it's not cute, it does not look fluffy despite what my hubby says. Oh well I guess I have to count in a third reason - they are not knocking on my door for me to do Survivor, they must have seen the bags and sags edition of Women in Radio and known better to ask.

You on the other hand are very Pretty, very Petite, my pretty, and of the very small but variety. I envy your wanting to only rid yourself of FIVE post cruise pounds.

Cute kids, beautiful green grass, yukky newts.

Posted by Cele at September 21, 2005 12:11 PM

Um, that picture, where you are hiding behind your gorgeous offspring? I know that outfit. In fact, I do believe I DEMANDED that you BUY that outfit because it looked so darn hot on you. And you cannot convince me that your ass in fat in there, because I've seen that skirt and that is not a fat skirt. So.

HOWEVER. The shot on the ship? Is the single most unflattering picture ever taken in the history of hipdom. NOT because you are fat, but because at that angle, Kate Moss would look bovine. If looking at that picture makes you happy (and virtuous) so be it... but you DO NOT look like that.

So there. Also, smooches.

Posted by Mir at September 21, 2005 12:50 PM

Joshilyn - I second Mir, unflattering angle, not "hippy" author! There are enough other things to obsess over - as long as Mr. Husband is still kissing you goodnight and not moving out of the house I think you should take it easy on the 5 lbs - and maybe 40 days of virtue is all you need!

Sincerely with the amount of respect and warmth due to a favorite author who has only met me once ... in a crowed bookstore in North Carolina,
Mit_Moi

Posted by Mit_Moi at September 21, 2005 2:27 PM

Whatcha talking about? You look great, girlfriend. And you have beautiful children and beautiful newts--all of you living under the same roof is rather incredible.

Posted by Edgy Mama at September 21, 2005 3:50 PM

I'm bewildered by the fat butt comments. You look gorgeous! That photo of you and the kids is frame-worthy.

Posted by DebR at September 21, 2005 4:57 PM

Fat butt, my ass. And I like your pretty buzzoms, too.

Posted by Jilly at September 21, 2005 5:50 PM

MY, but those newts have GROWN!

GOODNESS, but those children just keep getting more adorable by the MINUTE!

SHUT UP about the five pounds! There's no butt-fat in sight! And you know how relentlessly blunt I am - if there was butt-fat I would TELL you! Gently and with presents to open afterwards, of course, but still. YOU. ARE. SKINNY. Try to stop rubbing that fact in my (round, fat) face, 'kay? THANKS.

Posted by Amy-GO at September 21, 2005 6:28 PM

You are so svelte I feel the need to console myself with a bacon cheeseburger, by comparison.

The newts need a pinball machine... 'nuff said.

Posted by Cornelia Read at September 21, 2005 9:59 PM

Hey, I'll do virtue with you! Only for reals this time, not like last time, wherein I said "OH THAT'S A GOOD IDEA, LET'S DO THAT," then I wandered away from the computer in search of a cookie.
Yea, verily, call me VIRTUOUS TOO. (I am, after all...ahem...walking half a marathon on Sunday. So.)
ps Cute skirt.

Posted by Kira at September 22, 2005 12:49 AM

Joshilyn, don't sweat the five pounds. It certainly doesn't show in your pictures. The angle on the ship is one most of us have experienced. Cruel. Cruel. Cruel.

Sonya