Comments: Meanwhile, Down in the Galley

Oh glorious Tulip! How I've missed you and your ability to make even turgid biscuit imagery hilarious and interesting. I would call you but you CLEARLY don't have time to talk. Perhaps you should hire a wee assistant to take on some of this list for you? I would be happy to tackle the copy editing (I actually LIKE it, I know, too sick to be true) but I'm not working off anyone else's buttered buns. Still, if it would help you get to that new book...
SO glad you're back! ;)

Posted by Amy-GO at September 19, 2005 2:49 PM

The working title of my book is now Turgid Biscuit Imagery. Don't worry; I'll cite you in the acknowledgements.

Posted by Mir at September 19, 2005 4:06 PM

Your new novel sounds interesting already... perhaps it's the fact that I loved Gods?

But... What I really want to know is this: Is there ragweed in England? B/c as I sit here, tissue in hand, hot water with honey and Tylenol beside me... I can't help but think that putting the Atlantic Ocean between myself and my in-laws would SURELY release us from ANY possible responsibility to come home for the holidays, right? I mean... apparently 1000 miles isn't cutting it.

So, England is looking right spritely at the moment.

But do they have ragweed? B/c we have it here. A lot of it. And it knows my name. :-(

Alicia

Posted by Alicia at September 19, 2005 4:59 PM

Harold. Cute. My whole manuscript may need to be dipped in purple ink.

Posted by Heather at September 19, 2005 5:34 PM

I agree with Amy; you need a little, wee assistant for some of this. For example, you could dictate answers to emails while working off your buttered butt, and he/she could go to therapy FOR you. You get to keep the mom-taxi job because that's the best one. Another advantage of all this is that there would be more time for shoe-shopping, and since the seasons are changing YOU NEED MORE SHOES.
Jilly

Posted by Jilly at September 19, 2005 7:51 PM

Skip the e-mails. Write the book -- enthusiasm is fuel, and it doesn't keep. The e-mails will keep, and most are from people who want to read the next-next book anyway. Let the Junior League and its rules go play in traffic.

Posted by rams at September 19, 2005 8:00 PM

Turgid Biscuit Imagery....Bah HA!!!!

Puff, Hump and Grow....Maaaaaa hhhhhaaaaaa.....

This is actually the first time your blog has made me horny.

Please pass the Vodka.

Posted by Angela at September 19, 2005 8:58 PM

I'm worried about Angela.

Joss, Joss, Joss, hon get the assistant. Then go tap your heart out with Maisy, do aggression releasing karate kicks with Sam, and at this point you won't need the buttered buns sweat-o-rama. Let the newbie do the emails and then shop for vodka and good massuer (sp) for both you and Harold. Or maybe the assistant can just bring the vodka and rub your back while you knead that dough into the next great novel BECAUSE WE ALL KNOW IT IS THE NEXT GREAT NOVEL AND WE'RE HUNGRY

Posted by Cele at September 20, 2005 11:54 AM