Comments: Near, if not Actually HOME ON, the Range

The chapter two woman? Too, too funny! And I applaud how well you are taking it. I would probably cry. Because she didn't like me! Which is why I will probably never be a published writer, because I am much too much of a baby. :)

Posted by Jensgalore at September 16, 2005 8:00 AM

Joss - Welcome the eff home. I have said this before, and I will say it again many times...you are absolutely effin' brilliant and my very favourite effin' new author and when I am 50, you may very well be my very favourite effin' old author, provided that I forget C.S. Lewis ever existed. The effin' you know what in Montgomery and all off the other effin' you know whats who effin' don't even have the effin' courtesy to finish your effin' book before they effin' malign it AND my beloved Arlene (who, by the way, is my new best effin' imaginary friend) can kiss my effin' you know what. And I believe that I can say with some pretty dern effin' conviction that I speak for the vast effin' majority of all of the effin' folks that read this blog and are chewing their effin' bottom lips off in effin' anticipation of your next effin' book.

God bless!

Posted by Angela at September 16, 2005 8:08 AM

Welcome back, Tulip! I MISSED you! I can't wait to hear about all of your international adventures.
About the eff-lady: What kind of person who becomes THAT upset about language in their reading material doesn't check the book carefully BEFORE buying it? It's not like you held her down and FORCED her to read it. SHEESH. What a moron.
Anyway, so glad you're (sort of) home!!

Posted by Amy-GO at September 16, 2005 8:44 AM

Damn, if you'd called it OH GOD! OH GOD! OH GOD! in Alabama, I probably would've moved there immediately....

Posted by Mir at September 16, 2005 8:51 AM

Welcome home, oh avid traveller(s). Glad you got to do the cruise, though I lament your, um, unfortunate, dispeptic episodes. Kudos on the kudos from the book club! Two nay-sayers out of a whole club is two thumbs way up, girl. And I must concur. That OH GOD, OH GOD, OH GOD line could sell the book all by itself! So, after you've snuffled kinderhairs and caught up on your email and stuff, are ya gonna please tell us when Between, Georgia is due out? Hmmm? Again, welcome home.

Posted by David at September 16, 2005 10:19 AM

It was very fun to see the interview. You sound southern! :-)

I love the suggested new title of the book. I think you should suggest it for all future reprints and dedicate it to the woman who sent in the comment. Wouldn't she just love that?

I want to tell the Chapter Two woman to shut the eff up and go read some Grace Livingston Hill.

Posted by DebR at September 16, 2005 11:06 AM

Welcome home....er almost home. I think you did quite well on the cruise exchange rate into real pounds. They say most cruisers get away with seven cruise pounds, you only five -- well you've never been one to fall mid way in the pack. You'll set a whole new way to cruise the Atlantic.

You really should reserve Oh God, Oh God, Oh God in Alabama as the title of your next - work in the queue - I'd have bought it for the title alone, had I not read you before. Now I have to be honest it is you that brings me back.

Imagine being affronted by one little efin word in this day and age? What's that about?

Posted by Cele at September 16, 2005 11:12 AM

I watched the video! So THAT's your voice! Not nearly as twangy as I expected. And your dimples! Very pretty.

I'm starting to question my own "cheerful, uncomplicated relationship with the F word" because I haven't really noticed it being excessive.

Welcome Home!

Posted by Em at September 16, 2005 12:46 PM

Welcome home, Joss! I love the new title... hehehehehe.

Posted by Martha O'Connor at September 16, 2005 1:03 PM

Welcome home!!

I feel your pain--I gained 4 lbs from my cruise :X

And that clinches it, I'm reading your book next ;)

Posted by Angel at September 16, 2005 3:13 PM

The socks! Tell us about the socks!

Posted by kate q at September 16, 2005 4:49 PM

But, if they did burn your book, you would be in some very good company- Twain, Bradbury, Vonnegut, and the like:) Hey, people could march around town carrying signs, creating a huge hubbub and all kinds of publicity (isn't all publicity good?). Hhmm, I can see sales starting to rise in AL :)
Welcome home, mate, glad you enjoyed the trip.

Posted by chris at September 16, 2005 5:01 PM

Yay! Bon apres-voyage and quasi-homecoming... Your video does not like my Mac, which makes me sad. GREAT new title! GREAT old title!

Posted by Cornelia Read at September 16, 2005 7:32 PM

Joss, I missed you! And, I am about to watch your interview. And, next week, I do my first day on the book side, where I can directed everyone to YOUR BOOK!

Posted by Heather at September 16, 2005 9:14 PM

PS Does that make me pretty too?

Posted by Heather at September 16, 2005 9:15 PM

How many comments can I make in one day? Hmmm...

You signed in the AUM bookstore!? I went to school there! My fave professor, ever, is there. William Blake Gerard. English of course. And his mom had no idea William Blake was a poet. LOL!

Posted by Heather at September 16, 2005 9:21 PM

I'm lovin' the naysayers. They could be a book unto themselves ;) Effin-A!

Posted by poopie at September 17, 2005 12:30 PM

Now see, I recently finished your book and when reading about the Chapter Two Woman I was thinking... hmmm... did we read the same book? But yes, I look again and see that perhaps there was some language. Now I wonder if I shouldn't raise my ... um... standards? I mean, what does it say about me that I could read the entire book and not really notice that Arlene was such a potty-mouth?

Loved the book, by the way. Thanks.

Posted by Tracy at September 17, 2005 3:30 PM